Timeshare Companies

Club Navigo is a rip off

Jun 23, 2008

I have never felt so ripped off in my life.

I purchased a club navigo timeshare in January this year and have yet to be able to use my points.

Not only this, but I was promised by club navigo representatives Jessical Cabal and Omar Machin that I'd receive a weeks free accommodation in Hawaii for joining. I was also told that it was easy to book accommodation and that it is rarely booked out.

Neither of those statements were true. And now I have spent $24,500 on a time share that I am unable to use at this stage, plus I never received my free accommodation.

Instead when they sent me my free weeks accommodation, they conveniently changed it to only allow the accommodation to be used in selected resorts in places like the Dominican Republic and other places that we specifically told the representatives when we purchased that we have no interest in going to.

Not only this, but even when we tried to use our points for accommodation in Hawaii we were told that it is completely booked up for the rest of the year! How crap is that? We were told that accommodation is very easy to book and is rarely booked up.

What is the point in this timeshare thing if you can't use it? What a waste of $24,500, we've been ripped off badly. And don't trust them when they tell you that you get a free weeks accommodation anywhere as they have proved to be the kind of hucksters who will say anything to make a sale.

I hope that my story helps others decide not to choose club navigo as I'd hate to see others experience a similar situation.

Mark L.
Jun 24, 2008

I would file a complaint with the Attorney General's office in the state where Club Navigo is located.

It's sad to say but many travel clubs and developer timeshare salespeople will say anything, including outright lies, to get a prospective buyer to buy. It's what's in the written contract that is legally binding.

R P.
Jul 12, 2008

jayjay wrote:
I would file a complaint with the Attorney General's office in the state where Club Navigo is located.

It's sad to say but many travel clubs and developer timeshare salespeople will say anything, including outright lies, to get a prospective buyer to buy. It's what's in the written contract that is legally binding.

Club Navigo, and Liki Tiki are the same they are based in Florida, and I spoke to a person @ the Florida Department of Business Professional Regulations, however Club Navigo, lied out of their end that never sees sunshine. I believe if we can get enough people who own time shares at Club Navigo, to file a "Class Action Suit" against them, then maybe something good can happen, because you were ripped off, and you are not the only one. What I was told is to by this government agency in Florida is "Never try to sell your time share by anyone who claims they can sell it," that is a LIE, there is so muchof this type of fraud in Florida, they can not keep up with it. They also told me Club Navigo, and other companies who sell timeshares have many people who will say anything to get you to buy a time share, and you MUST read everything page by page, because what you are being told, and what actually shows up on the paper will always be two different things. Anyone wishing to get even with this company and get their money back by joining in on this suit please contact me @ yakesluv@sbcglobal.net Please write Club Navigo on the comment field so that I can respond.

Glenda Y.

Last edited by glenday3 on Jul 12, 2008 09:44 PM

Jul 14, 2008

In no way am I saying that these two threads are related, but here is a link to a thread on TUG which also discusses Class Action lawsuits

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76238

Mike N.
Jul 15, 2008

mike1536 wrote:
In no way am I saying that these two threads are related, but here is a link to a thread on TUG which also discusses Class Action lawsuits

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76238

thanks for the info, according to the state these two are definetly related.

Glenda Y.
Jul 23, 2008

dont feel bad they rip me off too, will never recommend anyone to purchase timeshare there, looking to file a suit against them,they told me 4000 points will give me alot of vacation time, big lies

Markus B.
Jul 23, 2008

markl297 wrote:
I have never felt so ripped off in my life.

I purchased a club navigo timeshare in January this year and have yet to be able to use my points.

Not only this, but I was promised by club navigo representatives Jessical Cabal and Omar Machin that I'd receive a weeks free accommodation in Hawaii for joining. I was also told that it was easy to book accommodation and that it is rarely booked out.

Neither of those statements were true. And now I have spent $24,500 on a time share that I am unable to use at this stage, plus I never received my free accommodation.

Instead when they sent me my free weeks accommodation, they conveniently changed it to only allow the accommodation to be used in selected resorts in places like the Dominican Republic and other places that we specifically told the representatives when we purchased that we have no interest in going to.

Not only this, but even when we tried to use our points for accommodation in Hawaii we were told that it is completely booked up for the rest of the year! How crap is that? We were told that accommodation is very easy to book and is rarely booked up.

What is the point in this timeshare thing if you can't use it? What a waste of $24,500, we've been ripped off badly. And don't trust them when they tell you that you get a free weeks accommodation anywhere as they have proved to be the kind of hucksters who will say anything to make a sale.

I hope that my story helps others decide not to choose club navigo as I'd hate to see others experience a similar situation.

well, we are going through hell with them right now,first they told us it will not show on our credit report,big lie, and that 4000 point will giv e plenty of vacation time, big lie,Shante is a scam artist

Markus B.
Aug 07, 2008

glenday3 wrote:
jayjay wrote:

Club Navigo, and Liki Tiki are the same they are based in Florida, and I spoke to a person @ the Florida Department of Business Professional Regulations, however Club Navigo, lied out of their end that never sees sunshine. I believe if we can get enough people who own time shares at Club Navigo, to file a "Class Action Suit" against them, then maybe something good can happen, because you were ripped off, and you are not the only one. What I was told is to by this government agency in Florida is "Never try to sell your time share by anyone who claims they can sell it," that is a LIE, there is so muchof this type of fraud in Florida, they can not keep up with it. They also told me Club Navigo, and other companies who sell timeshares have many people who will say anything to get you to buy a time share, and you MUST read everything page by page, because what you are being told, and what actually shows up on the paper will always be two different things. Anyone wishing to get even with this company and get their money back by joining in on this suit please contact me @ yakesluv@sbcglobal.net Please write Club Navigo on the comment field so that I can respond.
I am the one who has been looking for enough people to start a class action suit againt Club Navigo/ Island One Kissimmee. I have started with the Attorney General, I have also had to file a report withthe Department of Business Professional Regulations, next you have to contact the Federal Trade commission. This company, has everyone they will ever need to fight for them. their collection agency is in office their attorney are in office, their bankers are in office, so it is tough. I am also going to contact their Governor, now in order to contact an attorney to see what can be done, Florida Charges $35.00 just to talk to someone over the phone to get information. Let me tell you the state of Florida has everyone Raked over the coals, and they know it. So it is important everyone start calling and filing their complaints, now. Those of you that want to sell, I hear it will never happen, as forthose who want to just leave and walk away, because it is just a mortagage, supposedly it don't work that way either, they will try and place a lien on your home etc. Don't worry, I am working on this, we will have our day in court, contact me if you need yakesluv@sbcglobal.net. For those I have spoken to already please write back again. I am still working onit.

Glenda Y.
Aug 07, 2008

glenday3 wrote:
jayjay wrote:

It has been confirmed these two are one in the same. They have their own collection agency in house, their own attorney's in house and their own bankers in house. They will not allow you to sell, they would prefer you lose your time share, these are the steps you must do. According to the FTC contact the Attorney General and file a complaint, file a compaint withthe Business Professional Regulation, file a complaint with the FTC, I am also contacting the Governor as well, as for trying to contact the attorney service they charge $35.00 to give you a name of anattorney who deals in time shares, anyone willing to talk please again email me @ yakesluv@sbcglobal.net. we have to get on this now. OH and don't think you can walk away and just leave you share, they think they can place a lien on any of your property, this I am looking into as well. These are nasty people in Florida. and have to be dealt with.

Glenda Y.
Aug 07, 2008

Let's see if we can get rid of these rip off artists contact me glenda @ yakesluv@sbcglobal.net any attorney's out there?

Glenda Y.
Apr 07, 2009

glenday2 wrote:
glenday3 wrote:
jayjay wrote:

It has been confirmed these two are one in the same. They have their own collection agency in house, their own attorney's in house and their own bankers in house. They will not allow you to sell, they would prefer you lose your time share, these are the steps you must do. According to the FTC contact the Attorney General and file a complaint, file a compaint withthe Business Professional Regulation, file a complaint with the FTC, I am also contacting the Governor as well, as for trying to contact the attorney service they charge $35.00 to give you a name of anattorney who deals in time shares, anyone willing to talk please again email me @ yakesluv@sbcglobal.net. we have to get on this now. OH and don't think you can walk away and just leave you share, they think they can place a lien on any of your property, this I am looking into as well. These are nasty people in Florida. and have to be dealt with.

Hlj M.
Jul 14, 2009

Wow. I figured I wasn't the only one who was LIED to by Navigo/ Grand Seas. I just wanted to throw in that I was told that out of my points that I would get 9 vacations every two years. I was told by the guy who sold it to my wife and I that we could sell those vacations to pay for the mortage loan. (IN FULL) He told me that we wouldn't get billed until the following year. He told me that I was getting two seperate cruises to the Bahamas, and one to Alaska. He threw in 2 airline tickets as well. He told us all of this extra stuff was good for two years. Well, it was good for 21 days. All of those "perks" were almost expired by the time we got them in the mail. This bull about us getting up to 75% off of airfair, car rentals and hotels was a lie too. To top it off, they started to bill us immediately for the vacation package as well. So much for the 4 months with no payment. Oh, did I mention that our 9 weeks of vacations actually turned out to be 1 week of vacation for a 2 bedroom, or 2 weeks for a one bedroom? Yes, he knew we had 5 children and needed two bedrooms, but obviously lied to us no matter how you add up the bedrooms, because even the one bedroom is still short 7 vacations every two years. PLEASE PEOPLE, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR ENERGY. PLEASE LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES. I would hate to think of another American getting screwed like this. If there was ever a good bailout program, or if the government wanted to make some useful regulations, they need to hit these low life scum bags where it hurts. Just my opinion. Thanks for reading.

Brenton J.
Jul 16, 2009

if there is a class action i am interested in being put into this. my wife and i got suckered after they got us drunk off of champagne and wine. then battered by different sales people till we signed. then in their 10 day cancellation policy no one would answer the phone or answer the phone and give us excuses to satisfy us. then after the 10 days past they threatened us to pay.

Kirk M.
Jul 17, 2009

kirkm33 wrote:
if there is a class action i am interested in being put into this. my wife and i got suckered after they got us drunk off of champagne and wine. then battered by different sales people till we signed. then in their 10 day cancellation policy no one would answer the phone or answer the phone and give us excuses to satisfy us. then after the 10 days past they threatened us to pay.

The problem here is that you tried to phone in your rescission ..... that's a no-no. You should have sent a rescission letter (no explanation necessary as to why you rescinded) by USPS certified mail with return receipt to the address listed in your contract. If you had done this within the 10 day rescission period, then this would have been taken care of. Resorts get rescission letters everyday of the week ..... it's the law.

R P.
Sep 05, 2009

They ripped us off too. It's almost impossible to get any time and the excuses are endless. We found someone who wanted to take it from us (we wanted to give it away for free) and the Club Navigo finance office messed everything up. They then told the couple they could NEVER get week #41, which is our week according to our paperwork, so they backed out. We just want to be done with these scam artists!

Phil R.
Sep 10, 2009

Tim K

I would like to add the same complaint and possible get the Class Action lawsuit on this company We have agreed on this I can say bunch of bull information from few salespersons from Island one LIKI TIKI. And since October 16th 2007 until now we were unble to book any time from their timeshare deal everytime we tryed to book their answer is nothing availible at this time or you have to give them more time to book which is not what we were promissed at the time of purchase. But they had availible in different countries which involves a lot of money in travel there and beside of all we told them we would not be interested in different countries just in us which we were really got riped of big time. Well I stoped making any payments since I couldn't book anything at all and contacted the loyer about it and they are replying to loyer that we need to catch up with the payments to be able to book anything but when we were curent there was nothing availible so at this point I understand that its all because of the money and dont care if you can book anything or not all they want is your money. Also I would like to add that we tryied to book it numerios times always been told nothing availible. So one time I went in to the office with my family where we have bought this crappy timeshare and try to talk to them and try to book it something in there inside of their office we have asked to talk to the same manager that have sold us this deal and they told us he is no longer working for them. I was going to ask him again of his promises but as always lies and nothing availible. To resolve the problem all they said you signed the contract now you have to pay. And if we don't leave their office right away they will call the police and have us trowed out. I believe everybody should know that this is bunch of scam people who put this crappy timeshare program together they were very well thought of how to get the people riped of and now continuing to get as many people as possible in to this mess. ( NOTE We have booked with different hotel after we left them in the same town and the same day of course with our own money right away. And that's the way it should be not what they tell you or when they tell you.) As the people above me saying I am 100% agree with them and I am sure that there is a lot more people out there who would stand with us in court and shut them down. Anybody that is out there and would like to be on the list please let's get together and fight them so no more people have to suffer like us.

Tim K.
Oct 15, 2009

Do you know the name of your sales represenator who sold you these "lies"? Because your story is very simular to mine! I'm reading alot about sueing Club Navigo which there well written, legal binding contract clearly states you can't. But what about sueing our lieing sales reps? They are the ones who tricked us into signing these bogus contracts! That's false advertisment, trickery, melicious intent and so on. I was thinking we may have a better chance sueing these guys over the company. Because they have doctored there sales agreements very good! What's your opinion? How do I jump on the ban wagon on the Class Action Law Suit? Do I need to file a BBB complaint and file a complaint with The Business Professional Regulation? Somewhere above someone stated to file a complaint with the FTC, what firm is that? Is that firm necessary as well? I need to know where should I go from here and if there's any more info you know that you can pass on to me. Thanks! Email me directly if you wish: dcbpainting@gmail.com

Dennis B.
Oct 15, 2009

brentonj wrote:
Wow. I figured I wasn't the only one who was LIED to by Navigo/ Grand Seas. I just wanted to throw in that I was told that out of my points that I would get 9 vacations every two years. I was told by the guy who sold it to my wife and I that we could sell those vacations to pay for the mortage loan. (IN FULL) He told me that we wouldn't get billed until the following year. He told me that I was getting two seperate cruises to the Bahamas, and one to Alaska. He threw in 2 airline tickets as well. He told us all of this extra stuff was good for two years. Well, it was good for 21 days. All of those "perks" were almost expired by the time we got them in the mail. This bull about us getting up to 75% off of airfair, car rentals and hotels was a lie too. To top it off, they started to bill us immediately for the vacation package as well. So much for the 4 months with no payment. Oh, did I mention that our 9 weeks of vacations actually turned out to be 1 week of vacation for a 2 bedroom, or 2 weeks for a one bedroom? Yes, he knew we had 5 children and needed two bedrooms, but obviously lied to us no matter how you add up the bedrooms, because even the one bedroom is still short 7 vacations every two years. PLEASE PEOPLE, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR ENERGY. PLEASE LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES. I would hate to think of another American getting screwed like this. If there was ever a good bailout program, or if the government wanted to make some useful regulations, they need to hit these low life scum bags where it hurts. Just my opinion. Thanks for reading.

My Post (dennisb231) was directed to Mr. Brentonj. But if any others want to comment please feel free!!!!

Dennis B.
Oct 17, 2009

My name is Dennis B.

Me & my girlfriend are victims to this scenario as well! I see everyone above is trying to sue Club Navigo with a Class Action Civil Suit but it still looks like there's not enough poeple to get it moving? Now we've read their contract and it states that you cannnot sue them for what their sales rep promised you that's not stated in the contract. But I don't see any thing stating we can't sue their sales reps personally. That's the avenue I planned to take. So I'm collecting as much evidence as possible to show to a judge that my case has merit and it's not just our word against our sales rep (Sandi King). I am asking for a favor from all of the above to send me a statement (making sure you include your sales rep names) stating how you were scammed/riped off as well. I live in Orlando FL. so I'm curently checking the laws on picketing their business. Maybe that will force them to cancel my contract? Again, please send statements concerning this matter to help me prove to a judge that Island One, Inc./ Club Navigo sales represenatives are maliciously tricking people to buy into these timeshares and they should be held accountable. For anyone whose willing to help, my contact is as follows: dcbpainting @gmail.com Thank You! Please read the full story if you wish:

On Aug 21, 2009, we (Keyanna R., Dennis B. and children) attended a timeshare sales presentation hosted by Island One, Inc./Club Navigo Resort located across the street from "The Grand Seas Resort" in Daytona Beach FL. which Sandi King was our sales rep. We were not intending to enter into any sales agreement due to financial hardships and the high cost to finance a timeshare. She than explained and promised to us that she could guarantee a way for us to pay off our timeshare in full by us renting her our points for cash to put towards the purchase of our timeshare. She explained to us that once we signed the purchase agreement we would inherit 1800 bonus points upon signing (then 1800 points annually) which we would be able to rent out a thousand of those points to her in return of $ 2,000.00 cash to put towards the purchase of our timeshare annually. She also informed us that our payments wouldn't start until four months after we signed the purchase agreement. She promised that she would even become our personal vacation planner, giving us 75% off on airfare, car rentals and hotels. She said once we signed the agreement we were to wait for a package in the mail from Island One and the court house. We assume she was meaning membership cards and deed papers. Than to give her a call and she would proceed with the transaction. Upon her promise we entered into a sales agreement with the knowledge that we wouldn't have to pay directly out of our funds for this timeshare. Three weeks after we signed the agreement we received a bill in the mail, so we called Sandi. She explained to us she was not in the office and she would call us back the following day. She ended up calling two days later and I told her about the bill which she acted surprised that we had gotten one so soon. She also asked if we had received our membership cards from Club Navigo and deed from the courthouse which we told her "no". Upon speaking we asked her if she truly would be able to rent out our points as we agreed upon and she once more confirmed "yes" she would still proceed with the arrangement but insisted we call her back the following day. It took more than a week for us to reach her on the phone again. She ignored multiple phone calls from the both of us. Which lead us to believe that she had intentionally scammed us into signing a timeshare purchase agreement. During the days she failed to contact us back, we did a little research on Club Navigo/ Island One, Inc. only to find out that there are multiple complaints filed against them about scenarios similar to ours. We tried once more on resolving this matter with Sandi King by speaking with her on 10/02/09 where she rushed us off the phone by stating she was in the process of admitting herself in a hospital and for us to discuss this matter further with a lady by the name of Kim Rivers who was to be filling in for her time away. Upon calling Island One they gave us much run around and even stated they didn't know any sales rep by the name of Sandi King. In the process of directing me to someone who could be of further assistance, I spoke with several employees. Lastly I spoke with a manger named Michael who confirmed our suspicions that Island One does not rent out points for cash and that his data base did indeed know Sandi King to be one of their sales reps. So he directed me to Kim Rivers direct line where we left a message for her to call us. She called the next day 10/03/09 and told us she would look through Sandi's notes to see if she had some type of system as to renting out our points and she would get back with us. She nor Sandi has called us back since. Therefore we sent out a cancellation letter via certified mail. In return the lender himself called and informed to us that we could not cancel and to send in our monthly payment. We explained to him the reason we had not made a payment and he recommended that we pay our monthly fee to protect our credit and then pursue this matter with Sandi King.

Dennis B.
Feb 20, 2010

I just read Dennis B.'s comments and it makes me furious that this crap is still going on. We purchased our first timeshare in 1989. For several years we were not able to get an exchange. Then as our schedules became more flexible we did have some success but never made up for the lost years of taxes and maintenance fees. Then about 5 years ago we were convinced that by buying another one (how stupid were we) that was less expensive and every other year we could convert it all to a point system and be able to exchange easier and in reality get more time as we owend a two bedroom worth 4000 points and could exchange it for a one bedroom worth half the points getting an extra week. In theory that would work great if they weren't such crooks. The problem is when Mr. A banks his week at timeshare X, timeshare X is rented or placed for rent and not available when someone calls later looking for an exchange. As recent as this afternoon I tried exchanging for a specific resort in Puerto Vallarta. Nothing was available. I hung up, called right back and to there rental department. I could rent all the weeks I want! I am a former Marine and some of my vocabulary almost came back from those days. I wanted to reach thru the phone and strangle someone. I have no idea how to go about a class action suit but would like to be part of one. We have some friends that paid a few thousand dollars to have one of those companies take theirs off their hands. They were paying $1200.00 in maintenance and taxes and no longer own. They instead rent with no problem for close to half what they use to pay annually in M&T and exchange fees. I am afraid that some of those companies are scam artists too. I think half of Florida is involved in the timeshare scam including elected officials because it is such a good revenue stream for everyone there. They should all be locked up.

David C.

Last edited by dcrosby on Feb 20, 2010 08:51 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.