Timeshare Companies

Club Navigo is a rip off

Feb 20, 2014

I live just an hour ride to Daytona and I agree with Jayjay it's a great location for a vacation. It's a little known surprise for people who want a nice beach area without the tourist traps. Just avoid race week and bike week.

Don P.
Mar 12, 2014

Please help. Has anyone had any success getting rid of this? We are desperate...still owe 11k on the mortgage. They LIED to us and said that they would resell it if we ever wanted out, it's only been 2 years and they said "No one here would ever say that"! What? I feel completed defeated, they lied, fraud! I don't want this timeshare, but I also don't want to ruin my credit.

Summer J.
Mar 13, 2014

summerj8 wrote:
Please help. Has anyone had any success getting rid of this? We are desperate...still owe 11k on the mortgage. They LIED to us and said that they would resell it if we ever wanted out, it's only been 2 years and they said "No one here would ever say that"! What? I feel completed defeated, they lied, fraud! I don't want this timeshare, but I also don't want to ruin my credit.

If you still have a mortgage balance then it's most doubtful that you can get out from under this debt as you signed a legally binding contract when purchasing,

R P.
Mar 15, 2014

How did you get them to take your week back? We need to get rid of this...it makes me sick to my stomach...they are such liars!

Summer J.
Mar 15, 2014

What have you done? Does anyone have any ideas as to how to get rid of these timeshares? What should we do? Do we allow it to damage our credit? Do we just suck it up and keep paying? Do we have any options at all?

Summer J.
Mar 15, 2014

summerj8 wrote:
Does anyone have any ideas as to how to get rid of these timeshares? What should we do? Do we allow it to damage our credit? Do we just suck it up and keep paying? Do we have any options at all?

Well, as JJ mentioned, if you still have a mortgage owing, chances are you will not even be able to give it away.

Do you own it free and clear? Do you still owe maintenance fees?

If you are up-to-date on your mortgage and maintenance fees, you can ask the resort if it will take your unit back. The resort's HOA might say "Yes" or might say "No". Maybe they will if you volunteer to pay closing costs and/or the next maintenance fee.

Also, you can list it for sale (actually, a giveaway) here in RedWeek's Bargain Basement section. Timeshare Users Group (aka "TUG"; tugbbs.com) has a Bargain Deals section where you can advertise for free that you want to give away your unit. Just follow the instructions at the top of that page.

Just be careful of all the scams out there aimed at people in situations like yours where they promise to get you out of your mortgage, maintenance fees, timeshare contract, etc. if you pay them a large, upfront fee. These are almost always scams.

Since you've also expressed your disdain for CN, watch out for sketchy law firms or other operations that claim they are suing CN but ask you to pay some sort of a fee to get started.

Lance C.
Jan 02, 2015

I would love to get in on a Class action against these people, I purchased mine in 2001, tried to get rid of it several times. Everytime I try to use benefits to go somewhere they are not available. The taxes and maintenance fees are outrageous and thus year I didn't recurve a renewal letter in the mail, not one word from these people and they have now tacked on $1,000 in late fees

Beth N.
Jan 02, 2015

I've only had a problem with Club Navigo since they were taken over by Diamond Resorts, which has to number amongst one of the worst companies I've ever had the misfortune to deal with. We have 3 weeks of timeshare with Club Navigo at the Charter Club in Naples. One of those weeks is points-based/ flexible (I still don't understand the difference) and the points are deposited with Interval International. For one week of Club Navigo timeshare, I get 2 weeks through II - in a 2-bed apartment, not just a studio or something. I did have a problem early on when trying to swap the week through CN for a different Island One resort which wasn't specifically a Club Navigo resort - we were told when we bought it we could swap for Utah (Island One), which is what originally attracted us because we could use it for skiing. However, turns out you can only swap for other Club Navigo resorts unless you do it through II. Someone has mentioned not being able to sell. I don't think this is correct. There is an owners portal where timeshare weeks can be advertised for sale and it's perfectly possible to add them for sale on sites such as Red Week. There isn't an issue as far as I can make out at the moment - although this may change if anyone does decide they want to buy a week! Also, there are weeks advertised for sale simply on the notice board in the clubhouse. As far as I can tell you just need a Quit Claim Deed forwarding to Diamond Resorts with the change of ownership details. Having said that, another owner I spoke to in November had had extraordinary hassle - from Diamond Resorts - after she'd sold a week, given them all the info for the new owners, had an acknowledgement back and then got hammered with this year's maintenance fees!

Kathryn B.
Jun 06, 2016

I am a long time owner of a 2 bedroom town home in Liki Tiki. We bought into this when our town home had not even been built! A few years ago we bought into the points system but also kept our deeded timeshare. We were able to deposit into II one two bedroom deeded unit and one floating 1 bedroom unit. We had no problems until Diamond took over. Now they tell us that we have only 4500 points and that only entitles us to one deposit in II for a 2 bedroom unit!! Then what the H*** did we buy a few years back?????? If there is any class action suit against Diamond, Island One or whomever ahs done this to us, I am ready and willing to join in!!!

Gayle M.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jun 07, 2016 06:11 AM

Oct 12, 2018

Im just now seeing this on the internet. If you are still trying to get a class action law suit again them im in. This company is soooo bogus by ripping pepple off Please tell me you still are in with gettin a class action law suit

Patricia R.
Aug 26, 2019

I am a member as well...and got nothing for all this money. I stopped paying and refuse to give them a dime. But, now on credit report and it is a mortgage. So ,hard to get a new mortgage to buy home. I looked into timeshare Exit and a scam too. For what they do you could dispute yourself. So, now I am disputing with credit agency. I also must contact attorney general in Florida. What a mess and a nightmare.

Dee a F.
Aug 26, 2019

You can also dispute the information on your credit report and hopefully have it removed . What do you have to lose . Make them produce evidence and you can present your side . A lot of times they side with the owner . Timeshares have a negative reputation .

Don P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.