Montecristo Estates by Pueblo Bonito

Is Montecristo Estates sold out & what Pueblo Bonito was selling the last units for

Jul 06, 2008

I heard that Pueblo Bonito had sold all the weeks to the Montecristo Estates and were sold out of all the villas they planned to build. Does anybody know if this is in fact that true?

Also how did the last units sell for. I heard a year ago when I was last there that my weeks -- first two in September -- that Pueblo Bonito was selling those two weeks for $90,000.

Marty

Martin W.

Last edited by martinw7 on Jul 07, 2008 11:37 AM

Jul 14, 2008

Martin

We just got back yesterday and yes we where told the phase 1 of the Montecristos where sold out, we where also told that you could now buy in 1 week increments phase 2 starting price was 88,000.00 per week. This was most likely off season pricing.

Carlos S.
Jul 16, 2008

It is ridiculous the prices the salesmen at MC quote as prices when contrasted with what owners are willing to let them go for on Redweek.

Martin W.
Jul 16, 2008

martinw7 wrote:
It is ridiculous the prices the salesmen at MC quote as prices when contrasted with what owners are willing to let them go for on Redweek.

There are many great resale deals to be had on the internet (even outside of Redweek). We just bought one for less than half what the salesman was touting for a "new" sale with only 60% of the weekly maintenance fee.

Jeffrey W.
Jul 30, 2008

We were carried away by the sales agent. This is our first investment I am so confused, at times I couldn't sleep, if we had made the right decisions. my husband is so positve that the price will go up due to the construction going on the golf course, Ritz Carlton. We have bought Villa 109 due to finish 2010 from August 16-31,even years for $45,000.00 if paid in cash and 50,000.00 if paid through their financing 12% interest , monthly payment of $562.00 for 10 years. $2,000.00 yearly maintenance fee. We made a deposit of $9,800.00(BOA MC that they open for us )whic h is not refundable, just in case we will withdraw. our balance if paid in cash is due on sept.14. I am now debating if we will go on with purchase or loose the deposit. We love the place but i just read positive and negative comment about. Need Help pls make comment.

Josephine T.
Jul 31, 2008

josephinet13 wrote:
We were carried away by the sales agent. This is our first investment I am so confused, at times I couldn't sleep, if we had made the right decisions. my husband is so positve that the price will go up due to the construction going on the golf course, Ritz Carlton. We have bought Villa 109 due to finish 2010 from August 16-31,even years for $45,000.00 if paid in cash and 50,000.00 if paid through their financing 12% interest , monthly payment of $562.00 for 10 years. $2,000.00 yearly maintenance fee. We made a deposit of $9,800.00(BOA MC that they open for us )which is not refundable, just in case we will withdraw. our balance if paid in cash is due on sept.14. I am now debating if we will go on with purchase or loose the deposit. We love the place but i just read positive and negative comment about. Need Help pls make comment.
Josephine --

The Montecristo Villas are awesome. I've yet to talk to or read about anybody who hasn't enjoyed their villa. I've used mine two years now (I own the first two weeks in September). However, what takes the MC villas from awesome to mind-blowing is the the view. And to get the view of views you need to be high to get the panoramic view and to look over the Pedtrigal to the east and lighthouse mountain to the west plus the mountain to the south if in MC phase #1. The villas on the top two streets (villas #1 thru #18) are waaayyy high above ever other villa. I own #12 at the west end of the second street from the top. This has the best view of any villa at MC as there is no villas blocking the view to the west (the sun sets in the west so you get the magnificent sunsets). On the top street (#1 thru #11) the view to the west is blocked by an outcropping whereas on my street we stick out far enough so the view is not blocked. Also the villas on my street block part of the view from the units above. Whereas the villas below our street are way below us.

A death and divorce (has made it difficult for me to fill up the villa) plus my investment property in Florida ain't doing so hot. It is killing me to have to sell it at this time as I do believe it will appreciate drastically once the golf course goes in as there is some unique qualities that make a golf course at our location especially appealing (the golf course was supposed to be completed a year ago).

I haven't listed my villa for sale yet as I am not sure that Redweek.com is the place to sell ones villa. Email me at waldenmartin@yahoo.com and I'll email you some pictures of the view from #12 that will blow you away. I'll make you a better deal and at a much, much, much better location (for more reasons than the view).

If you want your property to really increase in value it is something unique; villas #1 thru #18 have the unique location. Where your villa #109 is located can be replicated dozens of times over.

Oh yes, I've own Pueblo Bonita properties going back to 1999 at the Rosa. Ernesto Copple's penthuse was directly above mine. My unit over there sells for much more than I purchased it for. Also bought at Sunset Beach but traded it in for MC.

Martin W.
Jul 31, 2008

Josephine --

Oh yes, don't ever buy a timeshare/fractional villa ownership without first going online and checking resales first. You'll always find a resale cheaper.

Martin W.
Aug 01, 2008

The reason you were charged a nonrefundable deposit is that it is not, I believe, a good investment. If you did not back out before the legal deadline, only you can decide what to do next. Try selling it and you will see how much you are offered (less than you paid) Sadly, timeshares are rarely investments except in family vacation fun, particularly bought NEW from the resort. The Resort is recouping advertizing, promotional costs and all those goodies they hand out to get people to go thru the sales pitch. We bought penthouse weeks. We like the units and use them and occasionally rent them but they will never sell for as much as we paid for them never mind more . Moreover, the sales people said the golf course would increase the value of ours as well...and that was years ago. The golf course will eventually be built...but so will more units !

M. w. S.
Aug 01, 2008

wendywins --

Not always true. Location, location, location. Virtually every timeshare purchased in Hawaii when new has gone up in value tremendously. All the beach front property in Hawaii has been built out. No more timeshares being built on shore so old units will sell for more.

Senior Copelle Kelly is doing us villa owners a favor by always charging more for new units. Just think how bad it would be if he was selling them for less! You want a villa with the view to die for then there are only 18 villas that have them because of there being high enough to look over even the multi-million mansions atop Petrigal.and some other hillsand only one villa 12 that has the best view as it has an unfettered view to the west. Sure Senior Kelly is building more villas but one has to pay way more both in cost and maintenance fees but worst of all be way down the hill with a mediocre view.

The golf course will increase the value of everybody's units/villas as a golf course is needed in that area. Plus the golf course will have a unique feature as it will be the course furthest south in the California's both USA California and Baja California. He is going to have a hole called Lands End on the west tip of the light house mountain. The course is going to be Mexico's answer to Pebble Beach. And will be on the PGA tour. Senior Kelly has some powerful connections including the President of Mexico which stretch out across the border.

A Ritz Carlton is being built and four million dollar villas. Pedrigal has multi-million dollar villas. You peasants with your "low-end" timeshares in Sunset Beach will see them increase in value as the dwelling is worth as much as your neighbors. You see values really rise when an area is built out. Give the area five years and you'll see the Sunset Beach timeshare unit really go up.

Martin W.
Aug 01, 2008

wendywins --

Not always true. Location, location, location. Virtually every timeshare purchased in Hawaii when new has gone up in value tremendously. All the beach front property in Hawaii has been built out. No more timeshares being built on shore so old units will sell for more.

Senior Copelle Kelly is doing us villa owners a favor by always charging more for new units. Just think how bad it would be if he was selling them for less! You want a villa with the view to die for then there are only 18 villas that have them because of there being high enough to look over even the multi-million mansions atop Petrigal.and some other hillsand only one villa 12 that has the best view as it has an unfettered view to the west. Sure Senior Kelly is building more villas but one has to pay way more both in cost and maintenance fees but worst of all be way down the hill with a mediocre view.

The golf course will increase the value of everybody's units/villas as a golf course is needed in that area. Plus the golf course will have a unique feature as it will be the course furthest south in the California's both USA California and Baja California. He is going to have a hole called Lands End on the west tip of the light house mountain. The course is going to be Mexico's answer to Pebble Beach. And will be on the PGA tour. Senior Kelly has some powerful connections including the President of Mexico which stretch out across the border.

A Ritz Carlton is being built and villas starting at four million dollars. Pedrigal has multi-million dollar villas. You peasants with your "low-end" timeshares in Sunset Beach will see them increase in value as the dwelling is worth as much as your neighbors. You see values really rise when an area is built out. Give the area five years and you'll see the Sunset Beach timeshare unit really go up.

Martin W.
Aug 03, 2008

Great information.... since you seem to have insights to the projects surrounding the Monte Cristo Estates which we own the month of November, maybe you could enlighten us of the reasons for the golf course delay. We bought 2006, home built July 2007, and are using it for the first time November 2008. The entire trip was scheduled with golfing in mind.... golfing right out our door.... convenient, discounted rates, etc. How is Monte Cristo going to compensate it's owners for the inconvenience of using other golf facilities and the higher expenses? Bonnie

martinw7 wrote:
wendywins --

A Ritz Carlton is being built and villas starting at four million dollars. Pedrigal has multi-million dollar villas. You peasants with your "low-end" timeshares in Sunset Beach will see them increase in value as the dwelling is worth as much as your neighbors. You see values really rise when an area is built out. Give the area five years and you'll see the Sunset Beach timeshare unit really go up.

Bonnie H.
Aug 04, 2008

bonnie --

Yep, we are getting screwed by Senior Copelle not having the golf courses in already. However, I can't see after looking through the documents they gave me that MC promised an opening date for the golf courses. All they say is, "50% discount of green fees for proposed golf course".

Last time I was at MC I asked Eric White who sold me the unit what the delay was on building the golf course and he said that the Mexican government at the last minute ordered an environmental impact study -- the first ever in Mexico -- be conducted and signed off before construction could begin. This caused and 18 month delay before beginning construction of golf course, new villas other than fractionals, hotel, etc. I don't know whether this is BS or not but I could believe it as that stretch of land has some unique qualities being at true lands end and of such a vast area.

I sort of got the inside scoop on the golf course, etc. as soon after buying my unit in August 2005 (I have other timeshares in Cabo) I was checking out the progress of my unit and ran into a guy who looked like a project civil engineer. I chatted him up and he was in fact a civil engineer and had just moved into one of the units above the gate at the entrance. He told me about the grand vision and especially building the golf course around the west side of "light house mountain" for bragging rights to the furthest hole in California -- both northern and southern.

I used to live in Monterey, California and am familiar with the ocean side holes there and the status the golf courses there have (who hasn't heard of the Pebble Beach Golf Course) and the astronomical prices homes in that area of Carmel fetch.

As far as getting compensation for the delay of the golf course being installed. You/we could always ask for so many free green fees. This wouldn't cost Copelle anything out of pocket. Always keep in mind there is strength in numbers. If enough of us owner complain the more likely we are to get compensated.

Believe me, not having the golf course in by now is hurting the resale and rental of my unit big time. Going to the other golf courses in Cabo from the MC is a real pain -- not only in time and hassle but around $80 RT taxi fare to get to decent one. However, one golf course is built this will work to our advantage.

Martin W.

Last edited by martinw7 on Aug 05, 2008 03:02 AM

Aug 04, 2008

wendywins wrote:
The reason you were charged a nonrefundable deposit is that it is not, I believe, a good investment. If you did not back out before the legal deadline, only you can decide what to do next. Try selling it and you will see how much you are offered (less than you paid) Sadly, timeshares are rarely investments except in family vacation fun, particularly bought NEW from the resort. The Resort is recouping advertizing, promotional costs and all those goodies they hand out to get people to go thru the sales pitch. We bought penthouse weeks. We like the units and use them and occasionally rent them but they will never sell for as much as we paid for them never mind more . Moreover, the sales people said the golf course would increase the value of ours as well...and that was years ago. The golf course will eventually be built...but so will more units !

I got my "non refundable" deposit back and bought a resale in one of the coveted 1-18 villas for less than half what they were offering for new. I have the last 2 weeks in Nov. If anyone is going to be there at that time, my wife and I would like to meet them.

Jeffrey W.
Aug 04, 2008

ericdavid83 wrote:
wendywins wrote:

I got my "non refundable" deposit back and bought a resale in one of the coveted 1-18 villas for less than half what they were offering for new. I have the last 2 weeks in Nov. If anyone is going to be there at that time, my wife and I would like to meet them.

Josephine T.
Aug 04, 2008

ericdavid83 wrote:
wendywins wrote:

Eric How did you get your refund back . When did you cancel after the transaction. We tried to cancel the next day of the presentation but we were told that we cannot get the refund and we called BOA unless we can prove it a fraud we cannot contest. Pls Help!!!! Josephine

Josephine T.
Aug 05, 2008

josephinet13 wrote:
ericdavid83 wrote:
wendywins wrote:

Eric How did you get your refund back . When did you cancel after the transaction. We tried to cancel the next day of the presentation but we were told that we cannot get the refund and we called BOA unless we can prove it a fraud we cannot contest. Pls Help!!!! Josephine
I would prefer not discussing the details of this transcation in the open forum. If you wish, you can call me or email me or I will contact you offoliine. It was quite an adversarial situation.

Jeffrey W.
Aug 05, 2008

ericdavid83 wrote:
josephinet13 wrote:
ericdavid83 wrote:
wendywins wrote:

I would prefer not discussing the details of this transcation in the open forum. If you wish, you can call me or email me or I will contact you offoliine. It was quite an adversarial situation.
Eric Pls email me at sisjosie@gmail.com. ASAP I really wanted to talk to you. My middlename by the way is David

josephine

Josephine T.
Aug 05, 2008

josephinet13 wrote:
ericdavid83 wrote:
josephinet13 wrote:
ericdavid83 wrote:
wendywins wrote:

Eric Pls email me at sisjosie@gmail.com. ASAP I really wanted to talk to you. My middlename by the way is David

josephine

eric i live in California ,email me your number I will call you.PLEASE

Josephine T.

Last edited by josephinet13 on Aug 05, 2008 08:25 PM

Aug 06, 2008

josephinet13 wrote:
We were carried away by the sales agent. This is our first investment I am so confused, at times I couldn't sleep, if we had made the right decisions. my husband is so positve that the price will go up due to the construction going on the golf course, Ritz Carlton. We have bought Villa 109 due to finish 2010 from August 16-31,even years for $45,000.00 if paid in cash and 50,000.00 if paid through their financing 12% interest , monthly payment of $562.00 for 10 years. $2,000.00 yearly maintenance fee. We made a deposit of $9,800.00(BOA MC that they open for us )whic h is not refundable, just in case we will withdraw. our balance if paid in cash is due on sept.14. I am now debating if we will go on with purchase or loose the deposit. We love the place but i just read positive and negative comment about. Need Help pls make comment.

Is this price per week or did you get two weeks for this price in Phase 2 ? We are considering purchasing in phase 2 for July

Jim

Jim S.
Aug 06, 2008

Does anyone know if you buy a used Monte Cristo if the equity can be transferred eventually to the residences. I know if you buy from PB you can transfer, but not sure if this is the case with resales.

RE: Pool security

Recommended to manager to have inside key locked doors on phase 2 to prevent children from getting into infinity pool. One of our friends almost had a drowning last week.

Thanks,

Jim

Jim S.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.