Montecristo Estates by Pueblo Bonito

Is Montecristo Estates sold out & what Pueblo Bonito was selling the last units for

Jun 29, 2010

Like me, you have very few options unless it was very clear they lied to you. And their "small print" allows the saleperson to tell you anything they want and not be held liable. It is all a big ripoff. And, as the contract also states, any court action will have to be held in Cabo where no court is ever going to rule against the hospitality industry. If they did business in the states like they do in Mexico this company would have been taken to court a long time ago.

David L.
Jun 30, 2010

It's true, what the salesman says means nothing...NOTHING! You sign a contract and you will be held to that contract. Golf course... Chopper from the airport... All the promises that were made, mean nothing. If you have not signed, stop and think...Susan

F. S.
Jul 01, 2010

-We have sent big packages of documentation showing the email where Dirk told us on an email that we can't cancel, and he is now saying he never received a cancellation letter. I have proof and haqve filed with PROFCO ....Kurt the Manager and the contact in California has been included in all communication . I will stay on it until they do the right thing. My email was sent in a few hours after we signed .

davidl557 wrote:
Like me, you have very few options unless it was very clear they lied to you. And their "small print" allows the saleperson to tell you anything they want and not be held liable. It is all a big ripoff. And, as the contract also states, any court action will have to be held in Cabo where no court is ever going to rule against the hospitality industry. If they did business in the states like they do in Mexico this company would have been taken to court a long time ago.

Karen O.
Jul 02, 2010

I actual sent them an email from Dirk saying that I couldn’t cancel this in Mexico as it was a real estate deal (he wrote this in response to me email requesting a cancellation) both emails were within 24 hours of the contract signing. Now they are claiming that I never requested a cancellation. They have the proof. but appear not willing to comply with the law. We will continue to fight this. This kind of illegal practice and fraudulent transactions of our American citizens is so pathetic when it is the USA that drives their economy

Karen O.
Jul 02, 2010

Kareno....You have a good case, perhaps going to Cabo and hiring a good Mexican lawyer is a good idea. It worked for us.

F. S.
Jul 02, 2010

Who was the attorney and what dis they charge you. Did you get everything back

Karen O.
Jul 03, 2010

Sadly, no, we did not receive our down payments back. But...when you think of the full price and the yearly maintenance fees, we were lucky with what we did get. The lawyer was cheap, around $300 US. We found his name from a long time friend, Mr. Finstein, a jeweler that we met there in Cabo. He was very nice and they listened when we came with him. I would have to look up his name, if you really think you could use it, email me at suepat@oregonfast.net.

F. S.
Jul 03, 2010

In addition to the above mentioned idea, you may also consider additional internet postings to expose the illegality of their not honoring your legal rescission period. Check out www.pueblobonitolies.blogspot.com The same could be set up for Montecristo sales/contract complaints. The misrepresentations and selling of false financial pictures needs to stop.

Susan H.
Aug 26, 2010

Good day, can anyone confirm that if an interval is purchased on the resale market if the original maintenance fee contract carries with the sale? There are several different weekly fees advertised and I am concerned that if I buy one with a lower fee that PB will increase the fee to what they are presently selling for. The sales agent quoted a "new" interval weekly fee at $2137 wk. thanks

Mike G.
Nov 27, 2010

Can anyone tell me where to search for resales of the Monecristo fractional ownerships? I've tried several sites and can only find timeshares.

Victor E.
Nov 28, 2010

mikeg243 wrote:
Good day, can anyone confirm that if an interval is purchased on the resale market if the original maintenance fee contract carries with the sale? There are several different weekly fees advertised and I am concerned that if I buy one with a lower fee that PB will increase the fee to what they are presently selling for. The sales agent quoted a "new" interval weekly fee at $2137 wk. thanks

It did transfer in my case. And the fees have raised at the maximum amount every year since.

What you don't get is the green fee discount that came with the original purchase. Of course, this is a standing joke since they apparently have no intention of ever completing the golf courses in our 100 year periods.

Kerry D.

Last edited by kerryd19 on Nov 28, 2010 12:07 PM

Dec 02, 2010

Could you give me the name of the lawyer you hired. I have a signed contract from Pueblo Bonito stating that I would have 50% off green fees for the golf courses they were building and which were to be ready starting in January 2006. It has been 5 years and they are not even working on the promised golf courses which was the whole reason we bought into the development.

William C.
Jan 04, 2011

Good luck. I had our unit listed with them for 2 years and never had an offer even though it was listed at 50% of what the on-site sales people were asking.

Lewis B.
Jan 08, 2011

As you have read above, any promises that the sales staff make are not binding to them. They expected us to read the fine print at our age with the condition of our old eyes!

F. S.
Dec 01, 2011

ericdavid83 wrote:
mrerse1 wrote:
josephinet13 wrote:
We were carried away by the sales agent. This is our first investment I am so confused, at times I couldn't sleep, if we had made the right decisions. my husband is so positve that the price will go up due to the construction going on the golf course, Ritz Carlton. We have bought Villa 109 due to finish 2010 from August 16-31,even years for $45,000.00 if paid in cash and 50,000.00 if paid through their financing 12% interest , monthly payment of $562.00 for 10 years. $2,000.00 yearly maintenance fee. We made a deposit of $9,800.00(BOA MC that they open for us )whic h is not refundable, just in case we will withdraw. our balance if paid in cash is due on sept.14. I am now debating if we will go on with purchase or loose the deposit. We love the place but i just read positive and negative comment about. Need Help pls make comment.

Is this price per week or did you get two weeks for this price in Phase 2 ? We are considering purchasing in phase 2 for July

Jim

Jim We just bought resale...much more desirable (eg (cheaper) than new.

Jaime H.
Apr 22, 2012

martinw7 wrote:
josephinet13 wrote:
We were carried away by the sales agent. This is our first investment I am so confused, at times I couldn't sleep, if we had made the right decisions. my husband is so positve that the price will go up due to the construction going on the golf course, Ritz Carlton. We have bought Villa 109 due to finish 2010 from August 16-31,even years for $45,000.00 if paid in cash and 50,000.00 if paid through their financing 12% interest , monthly payment of $562.00 for 10 years. $2,000.00 yearly maintenance fee. We made a deposit of $9,800.00(BOA MC that they open for us )which is not refundable, just in case we will withdraw. our balance if paid in cash is due on sept.14. I am now debating if we will go on with purchase or loose the deposit. We love the place but i just read positive and negative comment about. Need Help pls make comment.
Josephine --

The Montecristo Villas are awesome. I've yet to talk to or read about anybody who hasn't enjoyed their villa. I've used mine two years now (I own the first two weeks in September). However, what takes the MC villas from awesome to mind-blowing is the the view. And to get the view of views you need to be high to get the panoramic view and to look over the Pedtrigal to the east and lighthouse mountain to the west plus the mountain to the south if in MC phase #1. The villas on the top two streets (villas #1 thru #18) are waaayyy high above ever other villa. I own #12 at the west end of the second street from the top. This has the best view of any villa at MC as there is no villas blocking the view to the west (the sun sets in the west so you get the magnificent sunsets). On the top street (#1 thru #11) the view to the west is blocked by an outcropping whereas on my street we stick out far enough so the view is not blocked. Also the villas on my street block part of the view from the units above. Whereas the villas below our street are way below us.

A death and divorce (has made it difficult for me to fill up the villa) plus my investment property in Florida ain't doing so hot. It is killing me to have to sell it at this time as I do believe it will appreciate drastically once the golf course goes in as there is some unique qualities that make a golf course at our location especially appealing (the golf course was supposed to be completed a year ago).

I haven't listed my villa for sale yet as I am not sure that Redweek.com is the place to sell ones villa. Email me at waldenmartin@yahoo.com and I'll email you some pictures of the view from #12 that will blow you away. I'll make you a better deal and at a much, much, much better location (for more reasons than the view).

If you want your property to really increase in value it is something unique; villas #1 thru #18 have the unique location. Where your villa #109 is located can be replicated dozens of times over.

Oh yes, I've own Pueblo Bonita properties going back to 1999 at the Rosa. Ernesto Copple's penthuse was directly above mine. My unit over there sells for much more than I purchased it for. Also bought at Sunset Beach but traded it in for MC.

My wife and I just returned from Cabo and stayed at Pueblo Bonito Pacifica. while there we participated in a sales presentation to purchase a fractional share in phase II Montecristo. My purchase would be for the last two weeks of October. To help make a decision on this purchase would someone please share their experience and opinion on the future developement including the golf course. Is this a project with promise of value going forward.

Eric

Eric M.
Apr 23, 2012

We have owned for 7 years, It is a wonderful development and the houses are fantastic. Look on the resales section, you can get a far better deal than they are offering by purchasing a resale. Good luck!

Brandon B.
Apr 23, 2012

Don't buy from the salepeople but on the secondary market or you will be very disappointed. Read ALL of the small print and get EVERYTHING they promised in writing or it won't happen. The places are beautiful but for the price of the maintenance fee you can rent and not have to buy.

Lewis B.
Aug 13, 2012

Hey Eric, I've been reading several posts on the MC phase II estates, and was wondering something. We just returned from Cabo and own at Sunset Beach. When we attended the "Owner's Lunch", they were trying to get us to upgrade to the MC phase II. The plan was flexible, w/ no mandatory maintenance dues paid until we book, which they are telling us can be done 30 days or less. It looks as though each of the people w/ posts here own time in a particular unit and date, while we won't. Is the deal beneficial and worth the upgrade money? I am concerned we will try to book and they tell us there are no units available.....

Steve C.
Dec 13, 2012

If Montecristo Estates sold out is the high pressure sales force, often untruthful, still there?

Dan C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.