Timeshare Exchanges

New York, Manhattan Club

Aug 19, 2008

I wanted to let people know about the trading power of Worldmark. I just phoned into RCI to the Workdmark division which is seperate only for worldmark members. I was immediately connected and I was allowed to exchange under "confirm first." I do not need to deposit a week before I can search for availability. On top of this, I asked for any available units next Aug 09 in New York City. I got two one bedroom units in the Manhattan Club for the US Open Tennis!! I am so excited. I heard that the maintenance fee is around $1600 at the Manhattan club and I pay less than $500 for my weeks. I would highly suggest worldmark. However, I also heard that you can buy Fairmount off the second hand market, and then if you do a minimum upgrade at full price, you get some sort of privileges which gives you worldmark as well.... but I think that is only for worldmark properties and might not come with the same trading power through RCI.

Jesse E.
Aug 27, 2008

You were very fortunate jessee.. we too are WorldMark Member. In the year 2000 we attempted to obtain accommodations at the Manhattan Club but were unsuccessful. Our 'second best' choice was a Hotel (in Hampton) and were surprised to see several of the tennis players at our 'Breakfast Buffet' every morning. We are not tennis fans so we did not recognise them until late in the week. The matches were apparently only a few blocks away.... same for baseball park. Again, ConGrats!

Donald D.
Dec 17, 2008

hey, i just read your message now, 3 months later!! haha,

thanks for the congrats! I am definently looking forward to the US Open :)

If you want to try something cool with worldmark, you can book a low season week through san francisco exchange(one that they consider as high season) and they will give you 1 week to trade, 1 mexico week and a bonus week!!! they have very nice properties too.... I was about to use my two weeks to book 2x grand mayan bookings and I only had to use 6000 credits to book that low season week... good luck out there ;) ciao

Jesse E.
Jan 18, 2009

What is Worldmark? I own timeshare at Manhatten Club and deal with RCI which is a rip off. I can never get what I want thru them ., Does Workdmark have a website?

Annmarie C.
Jan 18, 2009

Hey mate, yeah worldmark has a website, www.worldmarktheclub.com

best thing to do is purchase second hand

ciao :)

Jesse E.
Jan 19, 2009

annmariec20 wrote:
What is Worldmark? I own timeshare at Manhatten Club and deal with RCI which is a rip off. I can never get what I want thru them ., Does Workdmark have a website?

That's odd since the Manhattan Club (NYC) is one of the most sought after timeshare locations out there, so it's trading power should be absolutely awesome.

I think you have to be a member of Worldmark to use their services .... don't know if you can just 'sign up' or not, I believe you have to buy into their services to become a member, however correct me if I'm wrong

R P.
Jan 19, 2009

jayjay, I haven't quite figured out what annmarie wants. Here she is complaining about MC and RCI, on another thread she wants to sell her MC, and on a third thread she asking about buying timeshares. Is she fishing for information on behalf of a third party or is she really that confused? Unless she owns a real dog week at the MC (July/August) she should at least be able to rent to recover some if not all of her fees (though there are many MC rental listings out there).

Mike N.
Mar 07, 2009

the only dog weeks at MC is January/ February,Summer weeks are the first to go, afther thanksgiving/ xmas/ new year

Howard B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.