Timeshare Exchanges

Switching weeks

Sep 15, 2008

I am getting mixed answers for switching weeks outside of your season (silver, gold or platnium). I am being told that even if you purchase a silver package, you can still trade it at your home base outside of your season. I was told that you can do this by allowing yourself 1 year in advance and by paying a 99 dollar fee. Does anyone know if this is true.

Chris D.
Sep 16, 2008

chrisd152 wrote:
I am getting mixed answers for switching weeks outside of your season (silver, gold or platnium). I am being told that even if you purchase a silver package, you can still trade it at your home base outside of your season. I was told that you can do this by allowing yourself 1 year in advance and by paying a 99 dollar fee. Does anyone know if this is true.
You're going to need to provide some more information such as which resort system do you own? Many resorts allow owners to switch out of season with some restrictions or fees, but without knowing the specific details of your TS it is impossible to give an answer.

Mike N.
Sep 16, 2008

I just purchased a 2 bedroom, Marriott timeshare in St Thomas, The Frenchman's Cove. It is in season silver, and it was a resale.

Chris D.
Sep 18, 2008

chrisd152 wrote:
I just purchased a 2 bedroom, Marriott timeshare in St Thomas, The Frenchman's Cove. It is in season silver, and it was a resale.
Go to the TUG Forum (www.tugbbs.com/forums). There's a site dedicated to Marriott; you can get more information there.

Mike N.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.