Timeshare Exchanges

Need RCI Advice

Oct 14, 2008

Hello, this is a first post for me so i appologize for my ignorance...

I have two weeks deposited in RCI "Weeks" for a High Studio that will expire this December. My work plans will not allow me to travel any more this year and I want to gain some value from the deposits, even if it is not vacation related.

What are my options given that I will not be vacationing any more this year, and I don't want the deposits to just expire?

Thanks in advance!

Rick S.
Oct 14, 2008

rsmigel states / asks: >> I have two weeks deposited in RCI "Weeks" for a High Studio that will expire this December. My work plans will not allow me to travel any more this year and I want to gain some value from the deposits, even if it is not vacation related.

What are my options given that I will not be vacationing any more this year, and I don't want the deposits to just expire? =================================================

You can pay a fee to RCI (...there is always a fee with RCI...) and extend the "expiration date" of your deposits, assuming that you have not already done so previously with these same deposits.

To my knowledge, there isn't any other way to extract any "value" from an expiring RCI deposit, other than to extend the expiration date in order to make a future exchange (...if RCI ever can or will even offer you anything you want to exchange into in the first place).

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Oct 14, 2008 10:04 AM

Oct 14, 2008

Yes, I can extend out 6 months for $99, then pay again to use the deposited week. But I will only be able to use it for a weekend through June 2009, so the total cost would approach what I would pay if I just rented it outright or picked up a weekend off Ebay.

I was hoping to be able to exchange for a dinner gift certificate or something of nominal value like that.

Rick S.
Oct 14, 2008

rsmigel wrote:
I was hoping to be able to exchange for a dinner gift certificate or something of nominal value like that.
Contact a local church or civic group. There might be a local family would like to take an inexpensive vacation when otherwise they might not be able to afford it. You may not get a dinner certificate, but you'll definitely get a warm-fuzzy feeling for helping out someone less fortunate.

Mike N.
Oct 15, 2008

Unused RCI deposits is a tricky subject since you can't sell deposits or rent exchanges. What you can do is exchange your week for another week and 'give' or 'gift' that week to friends and/or family with the only reimbursement to you being the exchange fee and guest certificate fee.

R P.
Nov 11, 2008

I have some extra points in Hilton Grand Vacation club. They seem to trade well for weeks in RCI if not used in HGVC. I am wondering how I could rent them for 1,000-1500 / Wk for studio or 1 Bdrm. These can be used for anywhere in the world, any week that is open. I got a week in St Maarten about 6 mos away ( there were also some in Cancun and a few other places. I also had a chance to upfrade to a 4 couple wk luxury catamaran trip (normally 5,000/couple, but that was 750 etra).

Chris T.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.