Timeshare Exchanges

Yep...the El Cid deal was a bit of a scam.

Jan 20, 2015

Nice bit of lies you cooked up there.

Don R.
Jan 20, 2015

Nice bit of lies you cooked up there.

kevink368 wrote:
I have been reading all these negative comments regarding EL CID Resorts. I find this somewhat odd since I've owned a timeshare at this resort since the early 80's. My first purchase was at Granada since the El Moro tower was not yet built. Over the years my fixed weeks were converted to their points system to where I now own slightly over 2,000,000 pts. Each winter I spend anywhere between 2-5 months at the resort in Mazatlan. With my membership I receive wrist bands that cover all my food and drinks while I'm at the resort. In addition it covers my green fees at the golf course. In the fall I charter the EL CID boats to go deep sea fishing. My membership entitles me to a 70% discount on the boat rentals. On more than one occasion I watched them fill the boat with fuel prior to us leaving the dock then refuelling the boat upon our return. The boat burns between $290.00 - $310.00 worth of fuel (Aries IX 36 ft twin diesel). The boat rents for $750.00/ day, with the discount of 70% it's $225.00. You will note that my cost is less than the cost of the fuel burnt. While staying at the resort I play golf 2-3 times each week, my green fees are covered with my membership. All my drinks while at the pool are covered, all my meals are covered including wine with my meals. My fridge is always kept full of drinks and snacks. I've been experiencing this for many many years with very few complications. I'm not too sure what you people expect as a timeshare owner? What else do you expect these people to do? Furthermore, since I have been spending most of my winters there I've met many many owners who also spend most of their winters at the resort and they too have nothing but positive comments about how they are treated. Since I've never tried to exchange my points for other resorts through some exchange program, I really can't comment on that experience. I can honestly say if you become an owner at El Cid and you continue to stay at the various El Cid properties, you will be happy with the program. One more comment, once you become an Owner, you have access to a private website where you can monitor your points, mtce payments as well as the ability to make reservations online. For those of you not comfortable with the Internet there is a toll free number where you can call where people who answer the phone have an excellent grasp of the English language and you can make all your arrangements over the phone where your written confirmation will be emailed to you within 5 minutes. I spent 2 months in Mazatlan this fall deep sea fishing and came back home for Christmas. I'll be heading back to Mazatlan Jan 01 for 3 months.

Don R.
Jan 20, 2015

donr216, There are no lies in my statements. I use my points every year with virtually no problems. In fact, my wife and I are currently at El MORO in Mazatlan. We have been here since Jan 01 and will be returning home at the end of March. We along with many people I've met down here do this every winter with no problems and no negative impacts. If you are experiencing problems with your membership maybe you should look into the reason why you are experiencing these problems because many of us are enjoying a wonderful relaxing vacation.

Kevin K.
Jun 04, 2019

Wow, over 3 million points. That's awesome. I had a question though. Last year we bought a small timeshare in Cancun. Our membership is Silver with only 105,000 points. We decided to go this again this year for one week. I was shocked when we were told that the mandatory all-inclusive would cost us an additional $90 per day per person. We weren't told about additional fee when we bought the timeshare. Doesn't an additional $1,260 for 7 days (two adults) seem a little extreme to you?

Joe Z.
Jun 04, 2019

joez110 wrote:
Doesn't an additional $1,260 for 7 days (two adults) seem a little extreme to you?

Yes it does but that's pretty typical for many mandatory all-inclusive timeshare resorts in Mexico.

Lance C.
Jun 09, 2019

Hi, I was scam for some sellers at El Cid puerto Morelos a few years ago, after have a presentation I told to the seller that I was not interested in buy, he ask me to wait for an interview with a person of quality, this second person offer me 3 weeks, 1 of them with all inclusive in 1 br for two adults and 2 kids for $1000 and could pay it in 12 months, and I accept the deal, sign some papers and recibed the contrat by diskette, I spend two weeks in the first year. In the 13 month I have a new charge in my credit card and call them to complain it, they gave me a number in the office of Mexico city, I called and they gave me a number in Mazatlán, this honest person told me that I was scam and I have to paid the same amouth for ten years, after that I call to my bank and cancel my credit card. They called me in next month and I explein them why I cancel the credit card and it was the last time that they called me.

SR TRAVEL
Feb 09, 2022

El Cid Misrepresents them self at the presentation when they offer you the ability to exchange into other companys I was offer exchange privileges with RCI and Wyndham vacations with no exchange fees also Infinite privileges that could allow me to book cruises with my points. It took 6 months after signing the contract for it to be active. Once activated I find out these things written into my contract is not available to me. You have 5 days to rescind but if you have a valid contract, I had nothing to rescind. Not until 6 months later Eli Cid decide to change the contract agreement I no longer have a valid contract that El Cid and I agreed to.

This contract has been breached Lets see if I am allowed to cancel and receive a refund

deception and fraud is what you will get at El Cid presentations

Debra B.
Feb 09, 2022

larry444 wrote:
El Cid Misrepresents them self at the presentation when they offer you the ability to exchange into other companys I was offer exchange privileges with RCI and Wyndham vacations with no exchange fees also Infinite privileges that could allow me to book cruises with my points. It took 6 months after signing the contract for it to be active. Once activated I find out these things written into my contract is not available to me. You have 5 days to rescind but if you have a valid contract, I had nothing to rescind. Not until 6 months later Eli Cid decide to change the contract agreement I no longer have a valid contract that El Cid and I agreed to.

This contract has been breached Lets see if I am allowed to cancel and receive a refund

deception and fraud is what you will get at El Cid presentations

If you believe that you can substantively document breaches of written (not just meaningless and irrelevant oral) representations, contact PROFECO. Don't even bother dealing with the resort if your case is truly solid; you will only get a song and dance routine and lame, convoluted BS from the sleazy resort weasels.

Get PROFECO involved; if your case is solid, they will help you and the resort will ultimately relent. However, If your case is merely one of buyers remorse with no actual breach of written contract content that you can document (verbal sales weasel statements and claims mean absolutely nothing), then you have no case and PROFECO will not help you. Good luck!

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 11, 2022 04:13 PM

Apr 03, 2022

EL CID is still up to its same old trick lying about exchange company they work with and getting away with this. Their website speaks about exchange opportunities that are not available. Exchanges may be a big part of why you purchase EL cid is not the the company to purchase for these benefits

Why are these treads so old today in 2022 El Cid is still scamming ????

Debra B.
Jul 10, 2022

You can easily cancel a El Cid timeshare as Mexico does not sell timeshares but vacation clubs. First, they should not have your social security number. Regardless. they cannot affect your credit rating. There is nothing they can do if you cancel.

I know because I worked at El Cid in 2005 after leaving Cancun because of Hurricane Wilma. I quit because they were lying to people. Just couldn't do it.

W. R.

Last edited by phyl21 on Jul 11, 2022 06:57 AM

Mar 20, 2023

I have a contract with El Cid these violations I speak of are written in the contract. Still I have not received any assistance from Pofeco. Why have a contract and not be able to make El Cid enforce it. El Cid wants to give me something other than what is written in the contract and I would like what I signed for in the contract.

Debra B.
Mar 20, 2023

My written contract has been breached and for well over 1 year I have been fighting this with Profeco since January 21 until today March 23 NO results

Debra B.
Feb 04, 2024

My complaint is not baseless I just want what I signed for in the contract. My success with Profeco is non existant Profeco act as a negotiator between parties they have no judicial powers to enforce anything. If the resorts donot agree with you. You are out of luck as far as Profeco is concern.

larry444 wrote:
My written contract has been breached and for well over 1 year I have been fighting this with Profeco since January 21 until today March 23 NO results

Debra B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.