Timeshare Exchanges

Exchanging to Westin St. John

Dec 27, 2008

We own a 2 bedroom timeshare at the Westin St. John and was wondering if anyone has had any luck trading into this resort if you do not own there. We were told that 90% of the owners return to this location each year and do not trade out which seemed hard to believe until we tried swapping weeks and tried for 9 months and nothing opened up. Anyone else with this difficulty?? Thanks!

John C.
Dec 28, 2008

From reading www.tugbbs.com the Westin St. John is probably one of the most popular resorts out there and I would imagine it would be almost impossible to trade into. I am surprised that an owner has difficulty trading weeks unless the week wanted was one of the most popular for that resort (a week that everyone else desires).

R P.
Dec 28, 2008

Thanks for the message. We were trading for a week for the same points as our week, however, it was for a larger unit but less desirable time period. The Starwoods Vacation Ownership people that I talked to when trying to exchange our week said that weeks rarely open up. I figured Starwood owners would have first opportunity to trade within the resort but from my experience, that is almost possible and that was for a less desirable week. Thanks for the comment!

John C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.