Feb 04, 2009

Anyone that thinks they were lied to or otherwise taken advantage of when you purchased anything in Mexico should go to www.blueroadrunner.com/profeco to get a summary of your rights. They gives tips on buying timeshares and mention that it is illegal to charge in foreign currency and that rates and prices should always be displayed in Mexican Pesos. They also mention that you, by law, have the right to cancel ANY contract within 5 days of having signed and you will then recover ALL money paid, free of responsibility. They also give a number to reach which is 1-800-468-8722 or 5568-8722 from Mexico.

Lewis H.
Feb 09, 2009

Do you know anything about a company that states they can get back our money from Pueblo Bonito for our timeshare even though we purchased a two years ago....they say they get our original sale price back, deposit it into our account and we cut them the difference between what we agreed upon and the amount deposited.....they state that the timeshare is sold back to Pueblo Bonito.....Worried this might be a scam but also wondering if we could just do this directly with resort or through our own attorney....

Casey Y.
Feb 09, 2009

caseyy4 wrote:
Do you know anything about a company that states they can get back our money from Pueblo Bonito for our timeshare even though we purchased a two years ago....they say they get our original sale price back, deposit it into our account and we cut them the difference between what we agreed upon and the amount deposited.....they state that the timeshare is sold back to Pueblo Bonito.....Worried this might be a scam but also wondering if we could just do this directly with resort or through our own attorney....
I am not sure of what company you are describing. However, I do know that talking with the resort will not do any good and I don't think an attorney will do any good either as much of what was promised by any sales person is canceled by the fine print. I suspect anyone that is promising to get you any money back is a scam. I was told by one such company that they would take my ownership off of my hands as soon as I brought the maintenance fees current and then paid then $2500. Why would anyone think that is a good deal?

Lewis H.
Jan 15, 2013

Pueblo Bonito is a total SCAM!!!

Derek Meyers the director of sales at Pueblo Bonito should be brought up on fraudulent charges. This guys has scammed so many Americans!!

Pueblo bonito is a bait to get Americans hard earned money!

Matt A.
Feb 01, 2013

There is no way any court in Mexico is going to go against someone in the hospitality industry, especially anyone as big as Pueblo Bonito. They will just continue to lie and cheat folks out of their money. They will never do a project in the states and get away with what they are in Mexico.

matta73 wrote:
Pueblo Bonito is a total SCAM!!!

Derek Meyers the director of sales at Pueblo Bonito should be brought up on fraudulent charges. This guys has scammed so many Americans!!

Pueblo bonito is a bait to get Americans hard earned money!

Lewis B.
Feb 06, 2013

they finally paid back the money they took from us. we purchased and cancelled within 2 hours...they ran our credit card a week later and kept the money for almost 2.5 years. we never gave up kept pursuing them thru Profeco....they now are asking that we report the repayment....

Keri S.
Aug 01, 2013

I went the next day and Alberto Carrasco and Derek Meyers told me that I couldn't cancel or I will lose the paid down. Do you know if I can still do something? I sent an email to PROFECO and I am waiting for their answer.

keris31 wrote:
they finally paid back the money they took from us. we purchased and cancelled within 2 hours...they ran our credit card a week later and kept the money for almost 2.5 years. we never gave up kept pursuing them thru Profeco....they now are asking that we report the repayment....

Annie M.
Jul 18, 2023

Hello Keri,

My husband and I are currently trying to get our money back, we canceled 2 days later, this happened in Feb of this year, what did you, did you file a complaint on line or in person? And I see it took more than 2 years for you to recover your money.

Ary F.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.