Point Systems

RCI points

Mar 30, 2009

Is there a way to exchange RCI points for stays at other resorts? Such as Marriott, Worldmark, etc. RCI points have been good for me, but since I do not plan 10 months out it has been difficult to use them in such areas as Disneyland, Ca.

Scott J.
Mar 30, 2009

scott1031 wrote:
Is there a way to exchange RCI points for stays at other resorts? Such as Marriott, Worldmark, etc. RCI points have been good for me, but since I do not plan 10 months out it has been difficult to use them in such areas as Disneyland, Ca.
You can use your RCI Points to book at weeks resorts. I believe for these reservations you can book two years in advance (based on availability). You might be able to put in a Search for a resort by calling RCI.

You won't be able to get into a Marriott as they do not belong to RCI.

Mike N.
Apr 10, 2009

I have RCI points based on my ownership of two time shares at Summer Bay Resorts, Las Vegas. Can I rent out those ime shares for a week each and, if so, how do I do that? Thanks.

Paul H.
Apr 12, 2009

paulh345 wrote:
I have RCI points based on my ownership of two time shares at Summer Bay Resorts, Las Vegas. Can I rent out those ime shares for a week each and, if so, how do I do that? Thanks.

Your RCI contract does not allow you to rent your points! Period, even though this is exactly what they do! An option you have is to remove yourself from the RCI points membership and try using DAE, or Redweek or tpMaui etc.....

Chris F.
Apr 20, 2009

chris460 wrote:
paulh345 wrote:

Your RCI contract does not allow you to rent your points! Period, even though this is exactly what they do! An option you have is to remove yourself from the RCI points membership and try using DAE, or Redweek or tpMaui etc.....

I would check with your resort. RCI has told me that if I reserve my HOME week at my HOME resort during the home resort reservation window, then it can be rented out. Any other use of RCI Points would be considered renting an exchange.

Mike N.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.