Timeshare Exchanges

Club Casa Dorada Beach & Golf Resort

Mar 30, 2009

we will be there july 13- july 27 2009. How dressy or the opposite is this place? with the manditory all inclusive,will you gain 10 lbs? or do they have a spa menu they you can lose 10 lbs?

Charles K.
Mar 30, 2009

charles671 wrote:
... or do they have a spa menu they you can lose 10 lbs?

Limit your meals to water and salad (dressing); follow that up with 36 holes of golf each day (no fair taking a cart). I'm sure you'll loose at least 10 lbs :)

Mike N.
Apr 01, 2009

Mike: thanks for the reply, bread and water--you could go eat with relatives. Is there any theraputic value of lap swimming with ladies in thong bikinies?

Charles K.
Apr 01, 2009

charles671 wrote:
Mike: thanks for the reply, bread and water--you could go eat with relatives. Is there any theraputic value of lap swimming with ladies in thong bikinies?
Please clarify...Are you the one lap swimming in a thong bikini? :)

Mike N.
Apr 02, 2009

Mike; you are a pervert,unless you are the person who wishes to see me in a thong,then you become a fan. it is all a matter of taste. all kidding aside, l would really appreciate hearing from more visitors to casa dorada.

Charles K.
Apr 02, 2009

charles671 wrote:
all kidding aside, l would really appreciate hearing from more visitors to casa dorada.
Charles, have you checked out the TUG forum at www.tugbbs.com. You might find more responses to your question. Good Luck and have fun

Mike N.
Feb 27, 2011

mike1536 wrote:
charles671 wrote:
all kidding aside, l would really appreciate hearing from more visitors to casa dorada.
Charles, have you checked out the TUG forum at www.tugbbs.com. You might find more responses to your question. Good Luck and have fun

Charles, Club Casa Dorada, aka Dreams, is the old style resort along the corridor, and is painted yellow and white. I'm sure you have looked at the pix.

It is pretty much a gentle, almost matronly resort. A good mix of international travelers. Very family friendly, and they continue to upgrade the kid-care facilities, which is god because they used to pretty much suck with crappy plastic furniture and some disorganized video games. Looks like some patrons complained enough to get the standard raised in there.

A coffee barrista or cafe is new to the entry area as well. The internet cafe has been moved way around the corner, and is mostly unused because of the wireless in all the rooms. Be advised - the wifi is an additional fee, so pay for it or else go to the I-cafe.

Dreams has a bunch of restaurants, nothing all too impressive. But you can expect a more enjoyable dining experience if you accept the small distractions as insignificant (such as a missing spoon, or lack of butter), and relish the overall service.

My only gripe is that usually the plumbing in the room, no matter which floor or which side of the resort, has been a bit tempermental and inconsistent. I do not appreciate having to make service calls for lack of hot water, or a tub that will not drain, or a toilet that nerly overflows at the first flush. So , I always make a water/plumbing check the first thing to do.

I recommend Dreams as a solid place to go. You will be treated politely, and it is a laid back place, not a luxury resort.

Buenas suerte!

Henry R.
Aug 08, 2011

This golf resort is one of my favorites. I really enjoy their atmosphere and their rooms. Their golf course is also outstanding and beautiful!

Beth

Beth C.

Last edited by marty8084 on Aug 08, 2011 08:55 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.