Travel Tips & Advice

travel from canada to taino resort

Apr 29, 2009

hi we bought at taino beach bahamas not realizing how crazy tickets are to get there last time we flew to fort lauderdale then rode discovery over however we want to know if there is a better way least expensive way over there any help appreciated

Carrie L.
Apr 29, 2009

carriel67 wrote:
hi we bought at taino beach bahamas not realizing how crazy tickets are to get there last time we flew to fort lauderdale then rode discovery over however we want to know if there is a better way least expensive way over there any help appreciated
Where are you starting from in Canada and when are you travelling?

Mike N.
Apr 29, 2009

we are able to fly from toronto or buffulo newyork would prefer toronto but we are booked to arrive dec24-31. but trying to make arrangements as there is a large group of us. thanks

Carrie L.
Apr 30, 2009

carriel67 wrote:
we are able to fly from toronto or buffulo newyork would prefer toronto but we are booked to arrive dec24-31. but trying to make arrangements as there is a large group of us. thanks
The best fares listed on kayak.com show flights from BUF to FPO (Freeport) are around $420. From BUF to FLL (Ft. Lauderdale) is around $300. I don't know of transportation costs from FLL to FPO. There is an air taxi, flyyellowairtaxi.com , that flies from FLL to Freeport, but I do not know their costs and there are baggage restrictions. Even if it was economical, it may not be cheap enough to go through the hassles.

If you can get your group to Philly, fares from PHL to FPO are around $310. Of course now you have to factor in extra transportation, food, and lodging costs (not to mention an 8 hour drive). Only you can decide if $110 savings per person if worth the effort.

Mike N.

Last edited by mike1536 on Apr 30, 2009 08:37 AM

Jul 24, 2011

There are many ways to save. But I can tell you that it was a wonderful resort.

John G.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jul 25, 2011 02:46 PM

Jul 25, 2011

Hi, We are planning for a trip to the united states this summer,After seeing your blog,i think,we should go to canada also.So,we will make some arrangements and include canada in trip.Thanks for writing this beautiful blog...

Michael R.

Last edited by marty8084 on Jul 25, 2011 02:43 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.