Montecristo Estates by Pueblo Bonito

Just returned from Cabo :)

Jun 02, 2009

We just returned from Cabo. We were a large group (15 of us) and had a great time! It is very quiet in Cabo because the cruise ships do not return until late June and many travelers have chosen to avoid Mexico. Our vacation was amazing; there are lots of deals to be had because of the lack of travelers. We parasailed, used waverunners, played golf, took the glass bottom boat tour, and swam with dolphins. It was even easy to get a reservation at The Office.

This is our 3rd trip in the past 3 years to Cabo and it did not disappoint. We have owned the villa at Montecristo for the past 2 years and while it has been disappointing at times regarding rentals, I still believe Quivira will be a top community once the golf course are complete. I did confirm that owners of the Montecristo villa would be able to use the private Jack Nicklaus course until the public one opened. The private course construction has started and it is scheduled to open in 2010. We also viewed the Ritz Carlton residence model under construction and the Montecristo phase II model is now open.

All our guests said the villas and resort were one of the nicest places they have ever stayed. So go down and support the Mexico economy...it's in all our interest to make sure this place succeeds.

And, to those of you who continue to be negative on this board...I don't really see your point because you only hurting everyone's investment. Yes, I'm frustrated too because the project is taking way longer than projected, but it is moving forward and with the Ritz Carlton & Nicklaus on board, it should be an amazing place once complete.

Andrea F.
Jun 28, 2009

Hi all, We have been Pueblo Bonito SB and Montecristo owners since both of the resorts were dirt. We have generally gone every year but were unable to go this year and rented out our month of April Villa 8. I would be interested in a copy of a new map - please fax to 805-686-9262 and also an update on what is going on. The discussion forum is a little confusing. It sounds like they have expanded Montecristo to a Phase II - is that outside the gates of MC Estates or is everyone talking about another resort in the area below where the golf courses are slated. I know there were supposed to be homes built there around the course. When we bought I don't remember a distinction between Private and Public. When we first purchased there were 2 back to back Greg Norman courses planned which I know has been changed to Jack Nicklaus. We were promised 50% off fees at the courses for ourselves and 25% off for guests. Am I missing information on what is reality? Thanks for the info in advance.

David and Marlene M.
Jun 29, 2009

The Montecristo Phase II are below our villas outside the gate. I believe they will have their own gate access. The private golf course is actually being built on the other side of the light house (at least most of the golf holes are over the mountain). The homes there will be part of the Jack Nicklaus Golden Bear Club. The Ritz Carlton Hotel and homes are built around the public Jack Nickalus course. The private course has already been started and Montecristo owners will have access to this course until the public course is finished (which could be years away). At least that is what I was told.

I try to follow the updates on the Quivira and Jack Nicklaus websites. Here's a map: http://www.quiviraloscabos.com/RitzCarltonResidences_ladera.php

Andrea F.
Jul 07, 2009

Well said and we agree --too much negativity on this board. We purchased in 2005 and have stayed 4 times, we own 1-16 may. 2009 was our first rental year (7 days, $350/nt) - despite the flu issue. Word is getting out and people are inquiring. we advertise on redweek and myresort network dot com. Something to keep in mind though I understand people's anxiety when attempting to get the villa rented --however there were price points offered the same price as a Pacifica hotel room ($194/nt) COME ON PEOPLE -- your competing your 3000 sf villa against a hotel room. My renter agrued that point until I turned it on them and suggested go get the hotel room if you want to spend 194 (plus 23% tax). When the golf comes available we should get minimum $450-500nt. I played pamilla and cabo del sol - decent golf but it basically consumes an entire day with travel. Just wait til you can call Jose luis or MAnuel to take you over to the clubhouse to play and still get back to the villa for happy hour !! Think Positive about your Villa !!

Russ W.
Jul 08, 2009

We will be going to our villa for the second time next week. We purchased in 2007 and truthfully had a lot of buyers remorse until we stepped in to the villa last year. We have villa 43, and the views are amazing,almost 180 degree pacific ocean view from every room. It is truly the most amazing place we have ever stayed. Last year we stayed only one week and deposited one week with the Registry Collection. One week was definitely not enough. We decided to stay the entire two weeks this year.

With all that has been going on these past couple of years with the economy we are so glad that we spent some money (it would have just been lost) to have such a great place to go to every year. No more buyers remorse here.

The golf courses are going to make this area even more amazing. Our two weeks in July are definitely going to be the highlight of the year for many years to come.

Scott I.
Aug 01, 2009

People are negative because the sales agents lie through their teeth. I have worked my whole life in sales, and I can say that no matter how good the product is, and no matter how much people enjoy it, once they realize they were lied to they will feel suckered.

My advice to Ernesto: Fire those cheesy, over the top, lying, used car salesmen wannabes, and let the product speak for itself. Find me a 3000 sq ft house on a cliff over a beautiful ocean with all these ammenities anywhere in the world for anywhere close to this price. I mean, honestly, is there anything about these units that isn't absolutely awesome?

Brandon B.

Last edited by brandonb52 on Aug 01, 2009 06:31 AM

Sep 02, 2009

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. We bought our villa in Feb and plan to go next year. Right now, I have buyers remorse. So, I guess it will be worth it when we get to stay two weeks! Thanks for the upbeat comment. Can't wait!!

Jim
Mar 09, 2012

In late Feb 2012, they actually broke ground on construction of the first of two Jack Nicklaus golf courses next to Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (in Quivira, which I guess is now being called Novaispania). Not just a rumor or speculation, but confirmed construction! The current newsletter at Sunset Beach says they expect to have a driving range open by Sep 2012, the first 9 holes will be grassed by the end of 2012, and the first 18 hole course should be open for play in Jul 2013. This is great news!!!

Jeff A.
Mar 29, 2012

I will vet your comments in May -- will be there for two weeks - pretty aggressive schedule for a course buildout but given they have the weather to work year round - we'll see -- when they finally build it people will come -- you see lots of folks leaving PB to play golf downtown.

Russ W.
Dec 21, 2012

Just spent 2 weeks at MC and did not see any golf course or any construction of a golf course. The first 9 holes grassed by the end of 2012? There are no holes! LOL

Eugene M.
Mar 08, 2013

I am looking at purchasing one of the units right next to yours. Are the views still amazing or have they built in front so you have to look at rooftops ? just curious- when I saw your unit number it made me want to ask. Are they nicely maintained ?

Rachael A.
Mar 08, 2013

Please contact me to discuss our Villa #11 in Montecristo Estates.

Mark Granby 310 476-5111 mgranby@aol.com

Mark G.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.