Timeshare Exchanges

Reservation confirmation using RedWeek Exchange

Jun 17, 2009

We used RedWeek Exchange to trade for a week at the Hyatt Highlands Inn in Carmel, CA this July. We received an email from Dial-an-exchange confirming our reservation for the dates we agreed to, but numerous attempts to confirm with the Highlands Inn and Hyatt Vacation Club that the reservation is in our name have been unsuccessful.

Hyatt/Highlands told us that we need a "guest certificate" that the owner of the week should have obtained. Dial-an-exchange has told us several times that they've contacted Hyatt and that the problem was resolved, and we'd be able to check-in without any problems. Based on Hyatt/Highlands response to our requests to confirm that our name is on the reservation, I know that it isn't resolved.

Can anyone who has used RedWeek Exchange comment on what their check-in experience has been, whether their name was on the reservation or not, and/or any suggestions for how to resolve this? Thanks very much.

Bernie T.
Jun 18, 2009

berniet2 wrote:
We used RedWeek Exchange to trade for a week at the Hyatt Highlands Inn in Carmel, CA this July. We received an email from Dial-an-exchange confirming our reservation for the dates we agreed to, but numerous attempts to confirm with the Highlands Inn and Hyatt Vacation Club that the reservation is in our name have been unsuccessful.

Hyatt/Highlands told us that we need a "guest certificate" that the owner of the week should have obtained. Dial-an-exchange has told us several times that they've contacted Hyatt and that the problem was resolved, and we'd be able to check-in without any problems. Based on Hyatt/Highlands response to our requests to confirm that our name is on the reservation, I know that it isn't resolved.

Can anyone who has used RedWeek Exchange comment on what their check-in experience has been, whether their name was on the reservation or not, and/or any suggestions for how to resolve this? Thanks very much.

Please send your message above to 'contact Redweek' at the bottom of this page ...... you should receive an answer promptly.

R P.
Jun 18, 2009

berniet2 wrote:

Hi Bernie,

I saw that you heard from Kylie at RedWeek.com concerning this matter. I hope all has been resolved to your satisfaction.

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Thank you, Marty

Marty F

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.