Closed
Timeshare Companies

Krystal is a big Fraud!!

Jun 23, 2009

The following describes our encounter with NH Krystal Cancun on September 2008. Upon arriving at Cancun airport we were greeted near the airport exit by DIEGO CARBALLO SANDOVAL. He offered us free tickets in exchange to attend a “free breakfast”. When we asked if this was for a time share, he said no, it was not. At the hotel, their salesman ERIC GUERRERO offered to sell us membership to their Krystal International Vacation Club (KIVC). When we asked again if this was a time share, he said no, it was not, it was a “vacation club” and “something better.” After breakfast, he showed us his program and he offered us 13 Power Weeks and 17 K-Plus Weeks at Krystal, HE GUARANTEED that we could rent those weeks for $700 USD per week. Then, he made offers like: (A) He described this as a good investment opportunity because we could get all our initial payment back and more within 3 years. (B) He said also there were no annual maintenance fees and we would only pay when we use our weeks. (C) We could rent a room at all the expensive hotels in the R.C.I. book for just $399USD per week for up to 6 people. (D) We can sell my friend´s time share in Las Vegas for a good market value and the proceeds from that would repay our money back for the purchase of the KIVC membership. When we asked again if the rental money is guaranteed, their salesman ERIC GUERRERO said it was GUARANTEED. He said that their partner Regal Rentals and Resales would be able to list and rent out our weeks with no problem. It was too good to be true, so we decided to sign the paperwork. To our dismay, all the benefits their salesman Eric Guerrero said we would get with the KIVC membership were turning out to be untrue. We felt completely betrayed and worry constantly that the sensitive information we gave them during the purchase of the membership would be abused, we were DECEIVED and LIED TO with their DECEITFUL SALES PRACTICES and MISLEADING INFORMATION. We called Krystal to complain, the Quality Assurance manager RAY RUBIO took our call, he denied the existence of any such promises and he was rude to us.

Alice L.
Jun 24, 2009

Unfortunately this is a typical scenario when selling Mexican timeshares. However, most salespeople use many of these same lies. The bottom line is if it isn't in the written contract, then it does not apply.

What amazes me is that when we bought our first TS (yes overpriced from a developer) we had to initial a paper indicating the saleswomen told us that we were buying a week at a resort and it was NOT an investment, nor were there any promises of profits on renting or selling.

Mike N.
Jun 24, 2009

People will go on vacation without any thought of buying a timeshare and just get caught up in the moment and mess up. Others have thought about a timeshare for their family and still don't do their homework.

All of these people buy and then check out these forums to ask questions like did I screw up buying from the developer. Why don't they backup all the promises they made even though we didn't make them put it in our contract.

Most people would not buy a house or car like this so why would they do it for a timeshare they probably know nothing about except it looks nice the first few days we are staying here!

PHIL

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Jul 01, 2009 11:08 PM

Jun 25, 2009

phill12 wrote:
Most people would not buy a house or car like this so why would they do it for a timeshare they probably know nothing about except it looks nice the first few days we are staying here! PHIL
Even if they did buy a car in this manner, I doubt that anyone listens to the salesperson has he/she says, "Yup, this big ol' Ford F-250 get 30 mpg on the highway and better yet, in 5 years yoiu can resell and make a big profit".

Phil, did you see the post re Resort Condos Plus? I guess I'm on someone's @#&* list

Well... I'm off on vacation, I'll "see" you in a week or two. Enjoy Tahoe.

Mike N.

Last edited by mike1536 on Jun 25, 2009 08:27 AM

Jun 27, 2009

mike1536 wrote:
Phil, did you see the post re Resort Condos Plus? I guess I'm on someone's @#&* list

Well... I'm off on vacation, I'll "see" you in a week or two. Enjoy Tahoe.

Mike I did see the post and wanted nothing to do with wasting my time dealing with this idiot obvious a shill or owner! Give yourself credit that you are on the list but didn't give him money to get there!

His or her babbling was funny and I'm sorry to hear you and jayjay have been let go from your jobs and just sitting home bashing this company. But at least your getting unemployment. I don't understand how you can afford these vacations you two keep taking on small amount of money your collecting on unemployment each week? LMAO

By the way who was your past employer this person is talking about? Guess as stated by this moron you two have no work ethics or moral standards.

That whole post was funny because its always idiots like this one that starts off trying to cover the scamming company and then the insults start.

I will argue with the best of them when I think I'm right but this clown is just not worth wasting my time on! All anyone has to do is go back and read the post from some of their past clients.

I do have one question,is there a law in any state that one person or company can not sell property belonging to another without charging any upfront fee?

These parasites always throw this law out there as why they charge this fee when most of us sane people understand the charge is their running money(means they get it and run).

PHILL12

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Jun 28, 2009 03:15 PM

Jul 06, 2009

phill12 wrote:
His or her babbling was funny and I'm sorry to hear you and jayjay have been let go from your jobs and just sitting home bashing this company. But at least your getting unemployment. I don't understand how you can afford these vacations you two keep taking on small amount of money your collecting on unemployment each week? LMAO PHILL12

Just wait until Obama's social programs kick in. I'll be able to afford several more timeshares all on the backs of taxpayers.

phill12 wrote:
I do have one question,is there a law in any state that one person or company can not sell property belonging to another without charging any upfront fee?

These parasites always throw this law out there as why they charge this fee when most of us sane people understand the charge is their running money(means they get it and run).

I agree, all these guys need to do is provide the reference to the law so we can look it up ourselves. Have you noticed these shills NEVER respond after their first tirade?

Mike N.
Jan 31, 2013

1. Michael, our salesperson promised us a code number that we will be able to put in at any airfare ticket sites on the internet as a whole seller and therefore getting discounts on air fare for up to “65% of the original price” (according to him). He even showed us a demo of how he goes to a site name Kayak and on the bottom of the site, they had a place where you needed to put this code in and to get a discount of more than 50% on the list price. BOTH ME AND MY WIFE SAW THIS WITH OUR OWN EYES. Since then, we constantly were asking thousands of times for this code only to find out that this was a LIE.( LIE#1) 2. The reason that we purchased this timeshare was for an INVESTMENT ONLY. Michael approached us with this deal as an investment. We discussed with Eduardo the same fact and so did we with you. We had nor do we have now a reason to purchase a timeshare for our own use. 3. At the discussion, Michael and afterwards Eduardo have told us specifically that once we sign the contract with you, Continental Corporation has already rented the room for the rest of the season therefore we will be paid the sum of $21,000 on November 1, 2012 (LIE #2). 4. At the discussion about Concord Corporation, it was mentioned by Michael “YOU DON’T NEED TO DO ANYTHING, THEY DO EVERYTHING FOR YOU”. After we spoke to Concord Corporation, we understood the reality that Concord’s only function is to advertise the availability of the unit, and even that has to be paid by us. A fact that was never mentioned (LIE#3)!!! 5. Lloyds Corporation in England has nothing to do with this transaction. THE LLOYDS CORPORATION WHICH YOU REFERRED US IN THE TRANSACTION HAS ITS MAIN OFFICE IN PANAMA CITY AND IS A COMPANY OF SHARLETAN’S THAT PROMISED US A GAIN OF 23% RETURN ON MY INVESTMENT EVERY YEAR. Something that everybody knows is a FRAUD after Berney Madoff’s scam !!! (LIE#4) 6. We discussed this issue with the United States Council in Cancun and the Mexican council in New York City. Both of them are aware of your scam and are currently working on a legal way to put a stop to it!

Avi F.
Feb 05, 2013

Hi, I had a problem with my timeshare, it is not the same one you are having, but i did get help. I dont know what the people that helped me can do but if you want i can give you the info.. I at first was hesitant, but i checked them out, the company and the lawyer.. it all checked out, and they gave me references of people they already helped.. the guy i talked to was really nice and felt bad for me.. and to be honest i was not nice to him at first.. after i got lied to i automatically thought he was trying to weasel me out of more money. but he was understanding and there was no presser, as a matter of fact he told me to check them out and call him back if i felt comfortable doing so.. i was desperate, so i did a little research and felt like they could really help. either way good luck, i hope you get your money back, and/or justice..

Tara G.
May 13, 2013

Hello,

I am so sad to hear about this scam and feel like such a fool because i should have listened to my boyfriend. Michael pretty much said the same thing to us. Anyway, did you ever receive the code for the great discounts through platinum rewards???? I assume not. Did you cancel all your credit cards and such and cancelled the contract as well. Can they mess up our credit reports??? if you can help with any of these let me know. i just signed this 5/3/13 so i am trying to figure out what to do now.

thank you

Kat V.
May 14, 2013

katv7 wrote:
Hello,

I am so sad to hear about this scam and feel like such a fool because i should have listened to my boyfriend. Michael pretty much said the same thing to us. Anyway, did you ever receive the code for the great discounts through platinum rewards???? I assume not. Did you cancel all your credit cards and such and cancelled the contract as well. Can they mess up our credit reports??? if you can help with any of these let me know. i just signed this 5/3/13 so i am trying to figure out what to do now.

thank you

Be very careful about hooking up with any entity claiming they can get you out of a timeshare contract in MX ..... most are scams and just want your money.

The safest thing to do is contact PROFECO (the consumer advocacy agency in MX) if you think you've been defrauded and file a report with them. You can google for conact info.

R P.
Aug 14, 2013

yes we got scammed at krystal Puerto Vallarta, first time to mexico, 3rd day, went to the super market down the street, and the nightmare began although we didn't know it then, we have been trying to cancel our contract, but they refuse,even when we are willing to lose monies already invested, they don't like you saying you'll bad mouth them on the internet, and informed us they have lawyers. I think we'll just stop payment on our master card, we have mastercard acting on a dispute already, but I've heard that may not work. I am having a breakdown over this, they should be sued for emotional distress, let alone financial distress. Any helpful information how to deal with these bastards would be greatly appreciated, Thank You April and Larry

April H.
Aug 15, 2013

We went through the same thing in Costa Rica with CocoSunset Vacation Club, Bahia Turquesa and now it has another name. We had overwhelming evidence of fraud but Visa did not agree with us. You will probably loose evry cent you have in this. Our attorney said to walk away and use it as a learning lesson. Sorry for the bad news. We fought for over 6 months with BBB, Attorney General and Visa but we lost the battle. These crooks know what they are doing.

Daniel T.
Aug 15, 2013

Unless fraud is in your written contract then it can't be proven .... what's verbally told you in a presentation has no bearing in a court of law .... it's the contract that counts.

R P.
Aug 26, 2015

To tarag92:

I'm in the very same predicament it appears so many others are in. I read your post and saw a glimmer of hope -- Were you able to recoup the full cost of the timeshare? If so, can you share the name of the lawyer/agency you reached out to? How high were their fees, etc?

Thanks!

Alla S.
Aug 27, 2015

It's long time ago but the trick still in use. It's true what you said how they did it and unfortunate it's still in practice, The only good news is that today most of people heard already about the frauds with the timeshares and it isn't that easy any more as it happened to us in 1992 for our honeymoon we were so naïve hat my husband gave them six thousand cash right in the spot. Well is past and we just need to talk about and let the young couple to be alert. When I rent my weeks I tell everybody no to let them convince and never to buy anything. Thanks for your comment.

Macrina N.
Sep 25, 2015

This sentence: These crooks know what they are doing.... I bet there's lawyers know how to make these scamming systems work. And I honestly believe those real crooks are your own country men running many clubs abroad.

There's so many similar clubs in Mexico. I'm a victim of RHC fraud myself. Bought at Wyndham Bahamas though but later seemed to be very Mexican fraud with the only existing service center in Mexico. And as European its a total fraud in my case. I'm not either English speaking, still they scammed me...

And the biggest fraud was Wyndham + trustee combination in my case. Besides what Bahamas Wyndham got to do with Mexico anyway. The crook artist Julian Farrington though to be smart Im sure by scamming me the way he did at Wyndham Crystal Palace Bahamas. But it was mainly because of my lack of English.

If you guys want to understand what this fraud is all about, I have written a lot to the topic: Royal Holiday club is a scam. I only see these systems so similar.. The principal. And sorry bout my English skills. I'm aware how stupid I sound once in a while. Wish I could explain issues with my own language which is Finnish.

The big fraud is the combination.. Where those memberships are sold, all the information in contracts, like who you guys signed with.. Affiliates.. Trustees.. Hotels.. Financial Services..

Sari P.

Last edited by sarip2 on Sep 25, 2015 05:56 AM

Nov 13, 2015

YES IT IS...... HAS ANYONE FIGURED OUT A WAY TO GET OUT OF IT? PLEASE CONTACT ME.... I KNOW OF SOME FOLKS WE MET THERE AT THE TIME THAT JUST CLAIMED BANKRUPTCY TO GET OUT OF CONTACT.. IT WAS WORTH PAYING A LAWYER THAN TO KEEP PAYNG THE MONTHLY FEE...

Leanne N Santos T.
Nov 13, 2015

NEVER pay anyone money upfront to get out of your contract. Attorney and paralegal scams are ways to steal money from you. They claim they can get you out of your contract for a large upfront fee. All they want is your upfront fee. NEVER use an attorney that you find on the internet. There are qualified attorneys right where you live that you can walk into their offices and talk to them. NEVER give money to someone on the internet claiming to be an attorney that can help you. Once your money is in their pocket they disappear.

Don P.
Nov 13, 2015

I feel so stupid... we all know if it sounds to good to be true well then it is... LESSON LEARNED....thanks for the info

Leanne N Santos T.
Dec 20, 2015

I was deceived: On November 6th, 2012, my girlfriend and I (Stacey Brigham and Ted H. Franse) attended a sales presentation at the NH Krystal resort in Cancun Mexico, The first sales representative that we were introduced to gave a brief tour of the resort. (although no rooms were available to show due to remodeling, so they say) we found it kind of odd why he wanted to know not [1] once but [2] twice how long we were staying in Cancun? [The probe] we told him that we were leaving in a few days and as the tour continued and Roy began to explain to us what RCI was about and also talked about all the places that our family could vacation at around the world sensing that we were not that interested, he then introduced us to a second sales representative. [The switch off]

This sales person knowingly and intentionally, lured us in on the idea of buying into this [Vacation Club Investment] for generating income and by letting them rent out these weeks to Conventional Attendees across the street and by depositing the weeks with a timeshare rental company. (Continental Connections was the rental company that he / they said to contact and that was who they set us up with). The Quality Assurance Manager GUARANTEED that they would be renting all 15(power weeks) weeks all at once to convention and golf tournaments attendees and etc. We were promised that we could get back at least if not more than $10,500; which by far would cover the entire cost of program and more. I knew that we could not get rich from this offer and it sounded good.[Bait] They also "assured us / me'' that the weeks would be rented no less than 5 weeks a year and may even take a little longer. I was still skeptical and reluctant to sign the contract, but the only reason we went in the first place, was that they would be taking a timeshare I had and take that off my hands. Then they also said that in addition to this "Investment opportunity" we would also be included access to what he said was NH Krystal exclusive travel club ICE (International Cruise and Excursions). He said that as a member of this travel club our vacations would be unlimited and that we could use this membership as often as we liked. Our family could vacation all over the world, and the club offered reduced rates that would give us 20-40% off airfare. It was also said that we would pay no more than $399 per week for accommodations that could sleep up to 10 people for future travel world-wide which was especially appealing to us, since I / we travel a lot.

The assurance manager said that the annual membership fee for ICE is $199, but because he said he liked us so much he said would be waiving ICE the fee for the first (2) two years. When we asked if we could purchase ONLY the ICE travel club and not the “investment opportunity” and He said No, and that the club is ONLY available exclusively to NH Krystal Vacation Club members. This travel club sounded great to us, since the cost of traveling with our whole family easily exceeds $399. We were GUARANTEED an income generating "Investment", discounted vacations with ICE.

During the purchase process Krystal disclaimed their guarantee to the rental income, The assurance manager noticed my pause as I read the sentence, but quickly explained that the Krystal lawyers stated that they could not include that clause since the renting out there{Vacation Club} are handled by the broker (Continental Connections). ''WE'' specifically told Him that the only way I would even consider this deal, that they purchase my current timeshare from “Hyatt”. They agreed to take my Hyatt timeshare as part of the deal. Needless to say that this sales presentation was supposed to take only 90 minutes but winded up taking a little over five (5) hours, this is how pressed they were for our business!! This purchase turned out to be nothing, but a scam. We / I did not get my 15 weeks, which was the actual program I purchased. For what I ended up paying just over $2,850 US dollars, charged on my Harley card. I also had to pay $695 to “Continental Connections” to list those 15 weeks and they charged $695 dollars, on my Harley card. That ended up being a total scam too. I was also provided the opportunity to buy back my Hyatt timeshare for $1,000, which I did, on my Capital One Credit Card. Now, had I known they really never sold me anything, I ended up getting scammed out of that $1,000 dollars, too. A person named Hans directed us into an office and had me speak with a broker on the phone at Continental Connections for the Resale and Rentals that he (Hanz) personally called. Hans had me speak with the broker to confirm a date and time that he (the broker) could call us when arrived back to the US in regards to preparing our 15 weeks to be made available for rental. Hans and the broker both reassured us and guaranteed us that there would not be problem renting out the 15 weeks. [Lie]

Hans was very charming and smooth and said we were special and that he generally doesn't go out his way for his clients like this period!! He also mentioned that by taking care of us we would send him referral's when we returned to the U.S. I mean he went above and beyond, by inviting us back to the resort after we purchased this so call "Vacation Club investment” and that this was {A LIGITEMENT} deal and we had nothing to worry about.. [Lie] he then gave us tickets for a swim with the dolphins trip. This man!! Befriended US we really thought he was genuine and that this was a ''LEGINTIMATE PURCHASE'' and a good investment that would benefit our family, we were really excited about it. Hans offered what we thought was a ''perfect solution'' as he stated NH Krystal as an "investment" opportunity with there so called Vacation Club, and in addition our package included an affordable way for our family to travel around the world. (Which we would have been perfectly satisfied with purchasing WITHOUT buying the time share, but were told we were not able to). Before I knew this was all a scam, I was contacted by I.C.E. I paid a $2,999 cost and a fee of $399 and 18 payments charged to my Harley card for $153.44 dollars. Now I cannot get access to my I.C.E. account and they are also requesting more money. The manager’s name was Maxine (888-320-4234 ext. 4319),

I’ve already been screwed for over $8,000 dollars, so I do not planned to get screwed for more money.

When we arrived back home to the United States the broker from Continental Connections as scheduled called to obtain information so that our "Investment" property could listed and made available for renting immediately. (Yet during the presentation in Cancun Hanz failed to disclose that the broker would require a $695 broker fee). Continental Connections sent me a contract to sign, in the contract, it said it would be listed 24/7 and 365 days a year. It never was, listed. They stated and have on their paperwork that they have been a broker for over 75 years and will have no problem renting all my 15 weeks.

I would periodically contact the folks at Continental Connections to see what, if anything was happening and I was instructed, nothing yet. Eventually I attempted to contact them, and they are nowhere to be found. No emails, no replies, phone numbers no longer work. I later found tons of complaints after complaints after complaints, on the internet from customers just like myself I, being made the same promises and guarantees and NH Krystal not delivering on them, My heart fell to the floor, as I realized that we had also become a victim of the same scam, lies and deception. Well Maxine said that ICE is SEPARATE from NH Krystal and that even if I cancelled my contract with NH Krystal, I would still be able to enroll in the ICE travel club. So NH Krystal and Hanz LIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Knowingly and intentionally)

I contacted the brokers Continental Connections for resale and rentals and spoke with the customer service manager Contratos, who of course said that they cannot and did not make these guarantees, and that I should contact NH Krystal. I have sent several emails to Mr. Ray Rubio ph# 011 52 99 88 48 98 00 ext 703 and Laura Gonzalez ph# 011 52 99 88 48 98 00 ext. 728 and have sent tons of emails to their Quality Assurance person “Martha Gonzalez”. They are not able to be contacted or reached.

The NH Krystal Cancun sales tactics are intentional, unethical, fraudulent, deceitfully and misleading, this type of action is illegal. I am requesting all charges to my Harley Card and Capital One Credit cards be reversed. Basically this contract was built on lies, and was presented to us as a property investment with high profit returns. NH Krystal and Hanz deliberately an intentionally deceived us and also hid that fact that we had option to purchase the ICE travel club without buying into their so called “Investment opportunity”.

The existence of fraud is prevalent and should be cause for this contract to be voided. Had we seen these complaints prior this we would have walked away, better yet ran away from them when we first arrived in Cancun Mexico and were approached by NH Krystal representatives at the airport.

As a consumer we have the right to receive sufficient and truthful information about the products acquired (articles 32, 33, & 34 of the Federal Consumer Protection Law of Mexico. Because the NH Krystal purposely misrepresented their product.

“To constitute fraud the misrepresentation [or omission] must be made knowingly and intentionally, not as a result of mistake or accident; that is, that the person either knew or should have known of the falsity of the misrepresentation [or the false effect of the omission], or that he made the misrepresentation [or omission] in negligent disregard of its truth or falsity.”

I am flying to Cancun on January 2nd 2016 to try and get in the Hotel, and see if I can politely convince them to give my money back. Sincerely,

Ted H. Franse The Cardholder.

Ted F.

This thread is closed. Try searching for a topic or browse our list of forums to join the discussion.