Travel Tips & Advice

Hue - Vietnam

Jul 29, 2009

Flying to Hue this afternoon. I have three quick questions:

1. A few travelers told me that a nice day trip is to rent bikes for the day and bike out to Thuan An beach. The rough guide says the beach is dirty. Anyone done this recently and could recc this trip or is there a different beach that is not listed in the rough guide? Also, haven't rented bikes yet in vietnam. About how much should I pay for a day's rental?

2. Beach parties in Hue? True? They sound fun, how do we know about them?

3. What is the best way to see the mausoleums along the perfume river? Can anyone recc a guide or tour agency they went with? What was the average cost for the trip?

Thanks A Bunch!

Vu T.

Last edited by vut3 on Dec 23, 2009 10:27 PM

Aug 09, 2009

I was in Huế briefly in 1967, when the Huey helicopter I was in had to go down in the area for a minor repair. I was a photojournalist, not military. Long after I was gone, Huế was the site of one of the major battles of the Tet Offensive in early '68.

By the way, the monsoon in that part of Vietnam starts in October.

Huế (say Way) is perhaps the most beautiful, historic city and area in Vietnam

Lots of pictures here:

http://www.alamy.com/search-results.asp?qt=Hue%2C+Vietnam&lic=7&ipn=2&apn=1&cpn=1&cdpn=1&mr=0&pr=0&ot=0&nu=&archive=1&size=0xFF&creative=&hc=&imgt=0&dtfr=&dtto=&selectdate=1&remember=0&CreativeOn=1&tab=&cdsrt=0&pn=1&st=0&a=-1&cid=&cdid=&s1=0&s3=0&s5=0&s7=0&pseudoid=0&adv=0&CreativeOn=1

Ajira K.
Dec 23, 2009

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.