Aug 03, 2009

Does anyone know what some of the recent Platinum Garden View resales have sold for? Thanks.

Bobbie B.
Oct 31, 2009

I don't have any direct knowledge of that specific type unit but if I were in the market for such a unit I would think the $10k - $15,000 range would be where I'd expect to pay for Marriott Ocean Watch in Myrtle Beach. Are you already a Marriott owner? Would you consider another brand? I think you could find a much better buy by looking at Wyndham or another chain of timeshare companies. I wouldn't consider myself an expert but I have done a fair amount of research on timeshare properties and I own from 3 different companies. If you're interested I could give you my opinion on pros and cons, what to look for and watch out for and perhaps answer any general questions you might have.

Dennis N.

Last edited by marty8084 on Nov 01, 2009 12:02 AM

Apr 19, 2010

I would like to learn about a posting I saw on the site two weeks ago. It is not there any longer, but it is not listed as sold. Is there any way to learn what happened to the posting for a sell of a timeshare at the Myrtle Beach Marriott Grande Dunes?

Mary D.
Apr 19, 2010

maryd167 wrote:
I would like to learn about a posting I saw on the site two weeks ago. It is not there any longer, but it is not listed as sold. Is there any way to learn what happened to the posting for a sell of a timeshare at the Myrtle Beach Marriott Grande Dunes?

Hi Mary,

It could be that the owner's membership expired or the posting expired and if either were the case the posting would automatically deactivate. It's really hard to know what happened. Do you happen to remember the owner's name or the posting number? That's about the only way I can look up any information.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
May 04, 2010

I am concentrating on purchasing only a Marriott timeshare because I am familiar with the chain, and have had very successful trips with them. I am not familiar with the Tempus chain. Thanks Mary

Mary D.
May 26, 2012

To piggyback on this message, Im looking to buy plat/plat+ OF/OS at MOW, what are some of the prices you've seen? I'd appreciate all the pointers. TIA

Vadim B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.