Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort

Is a rental car necessary?

Aug 06, 2009

My family is going the 1st week in Dec. and staying at Bonnet Creek. I know they offer a shuttle to the attractions. Do you recommend still having a rental to get around outside of the resort. A lot of people say that the grocery store and restaurants are a few miles away. Thanks for the input.

JB

John B.
Aug 14, 2009

We travel to Disney twice a year and we always rent a car. Disney / Bonnet Creek do offer transportation, but it is so convienient to be able to hop in the car with the tired kids rather than wait for a bus. Plus, you can drive to the grocery store to stock up on food for the Condo. I do not recommend going to Goodings for groceries just outside of Downtown Disney. They are way overpriced. Drive a few extra miles to the Super Wal-Mart and get your food for a lot less. I am not sure if this is true for Bonnet Creek, but when you stay at a Disney Resort you receive a parking pass that allows you to park at any of the theme parks for free. Here is a tip, if you are taking the monorail from the Magic Kingdom at the end of the day, take the Resort Monorail to get back to the TTS. Anyone can ride these. The line is typically a lot shorter. The resort monorail stops at the Contemporary and it also stops at the Transportation Ticket Station.

Jen N.
Mar 20, 2011

1st time there- what unit/bldg is best to see the fireworks at epcot? and is there a pool bar there? if so, what bldg is closest to it (my hubby will want to be the bldg closest to it-lol ! ) thanks for your help! Mary

Mary D.
Oct 07, 2013

We don't use a car when we stay at Bonnet Creek - we use the shuttles for the parks and we get our groceries delivered to the hotel from FoodStore2go. Saves the rental fee and the cluster of traffic to and from the park at peak hours.

Jason S.
Nov 15, 2015

I plan on going to Disney In March 216 and staying at Bonnet Creek, do they still offer shuttles to the parks and can you rent a car on site?

Rick S.
Feb 10, 2016

I have been to Bonnet Creek several times and we have stayed in different towers. I would say stay in 4 or 5 to see the fireworks. There is a pool bar at tower 5. There is also a pool bar at tower 3. All are within walking distance around the lake.

Kim D.
Mar 04, 2016

No more free shuttle, we rented a car and for 5 of us it was cheaper to park at 1 park and return to that park end of day. 5 x $8 =$40 it was $20 for parking at park plus you need groceries and want to go to Universal?? Gotta see the Harry Potter = need a car. You do the # worked for us. Love Bonnet Creek.

Lori P.

Last edited by lorip214 on Mar 04, 2016 05:51 AM

Apr 14, 2016

When we went we just used a local taxi service. The front desk recommended someone who we could just call when needed. We paid the same as a rental car for the week but didnt have to worry about parking or driving. During the week we went to Universal, Sea World, and Disney so prices vary depending on where you are going.

Ken B.
Aug 08, 2018

Yes, Sometimes we need a rental car, when we do not have option to take our own vehicle.

Bluff City T.
Jan 06, 2019

Where does the shuttle take you ( to which parks?) Did anyone drive to Cape Canaveral?

Todd B.
Mar 04, 2019

Yes, Sometimes we need a rental car, when we do not have option.

Bluff C.
Apr 02, 2019

Well, it depends on the place you are residing in. If it is outside the downtown area, it would help in getting the services of a rental car. You can rent for a weekend for a price that is less than a few taxi rides. Not that public transportation is not that efficient.

Bluff C.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.