Sep 11, 2009

Don't not pay your maintenance fees if you want to use, or even keep, your villa. I was just told yesterday that we can't use or rent out our villa since we didn't pay this year's maintenace fee, which, by the way, is twice what the saleperson told us it would be. And, they have "cancelled our contract" which means we don't even own it and can't sell it. This, when neither my wife nor I are working due to lay offs. Knowing now, what I wished I had known within 5 days of buying in MC, I would never have done it. We were lied to in so many ways, and they hide behind a sentence in the very small print stating that nothing the salesperson tells us should be considered to be accurate unless in writing and signed by two authorized individuals. Do any of you know who is authorized? Beware, and keep your maintenance fees current.

Lewis H.
Sep 12, 2009

davidb645 - you posted a very similar comment in January under a topic called Sales Promises, and said your contract had been cancelled back then. Whats up with that - is this another loss of contract or the same one you told us about in January?

Lisa G.
Sep 12, 2009

After that post I was told I would have some time to pay the fees and get the unit back. However, now I have been told I can't use it, rent it, exchange or have any chance of getting the unit back. My biggest concern is the lies we have been told and their lack of concern in trying to make amends for those lies. And, their comments about no chance of taking them to court, as it would have ot be heard in Cabo where the courts will never go against the tourist industry.

Lewis H.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.