Harborside Resort at Atlantis

Help - 1st Visit to Harborside & Nassau

Oct 13, 2009

We will be visiting Harborside & Nassau for the 1st time, just 2 of us in our 60's. Any tips on reasonable restaurants on or off the property, checkin, beaches, etc. We will not be cooking in our unit so any information would be helpful as we will be eating out 7 dinners. Any experience with meal plan compared to restaurants.

Skip G.

Last edited by skipg5 on Oct 13, 2009 07:18 AM

Oct 16, 2009

I would urge you to consider getting a meal plan if you do not plan on cooking. That will cover your breakfast and dinner and will definately save you money. Food is expensive, as it is all over the Caribbean, so be prepared.

We've used the meal plans and always felt we got our monie's worth and more.

Have a great trip.

William S.
Oct 16, 2009

Thanks. Can you get the information on the meal plan ahead of time or only when you get there?

Skip G.
Oct 16, 2009

Thanks. Can you get the information on the meal plan ahead of time or only when you get there. It would be nice to have it ahead of time.

Skip G.
Oct 20, 2009

http://www.harborsideresort.com/conciergeServices.php

Contact the concierge for current plans and rates. Expect to pay through the nose. I would not do it, personally ... I would cook for myself... but to each their own. Good luck.

John C.
Nov 01, 2009

We were there in Feb and went to Mosaic and Mesa Grill. They were fantastic, but very expensive (over $200 for 3 no drinks). We walked over the bridge and went to the Outback twice which was reasonably priced. It's a long walk and I didn't like it at night, but my husband and son didn't seem to mind. We ate in the other 3 nights. A few times for lunch we ate in Atlantis. They had a lunch special every day for about $8 which we split. There is the Marina Village right next to Harbourside which has Johnny Rockets. There's also Murrys Deli and a pizza stand which I believe are all reasonable. Carmines is also close by, but it is expensive, although they say one portion can serve 4 people. We found it was worth it eating in the 3 nights to enjoy Mosaic and Mesa Grill.

Deborah P.
Nov 19, 2009

I've been there 4 times and only did meal plan once. I didn't feel it was worth it for us. If you like to eat a 3 course meal then it will pay for you. We don't and don't always want something so big. There is a place called Anthonys right nearby and if you want to go over the bridge then you have OutBack and the Poop Deck restaurants. I walked it twice but it is a little walk. There are plenty of restaurants along the Marina to eat at and I like the flexibilty that the plan doesnt offer. Lunch by the pools are fine or again Anthonys or Quiznos both close by. We ate breakfast in our room because we had a kitchen but did go to Anthonys for breakfast twice. Enjoy yourself!

Laura D.
Jan 13, 2010

thinking of going during april vaca. family of 4 and we have never been to the bahamas. I am trying to convince my husband to go, we will have a kitchen in our unit. how r the outback prices? other options for eating out that are reasonable? help please give me a list of places and what u think for prices? I don't want to rent a car how much is it to get from the airport to the harborside? I want to go in town to the grocery store am I better off renting a car for the day or taking a taxi? I know there is a market on the property but is it worth it to go into town?

Lori A.
Jan 18, 2010

stop at the grocery on your way from airport--google sandra ferguson and she is a great driver who will stop on the way from airport for a quick stop--$10 I believe to stop---she will be waiting for you upon arrival. Don't bother with a car you will hardly leave the resort and if you do take the water taxi in to town $3 each way--it is right across from Harborside. The market in Harborside is very basic and expensive--so is city market so I only buy staples there--milk, bread, eggs, cream. As to meals order pizza in one night to cut down costs, Carmines has huge portions--if you have leftovers bring back and have the next day. I bring a lot of stuff with me as we travel with grandchildren. It is worth it to bring a bag and pay for it with the price of food there--just make sure the bag is under 50lbs.

Maria W.
Jan 18, 2010

taxis are regulated $32 for the first two people and $3 each additional plus $1 for bridge;

Maria W.
Feb 15, 2010

The meal plans are good, but it really depends on youor eating habits. The basic plan is about $70 per day, per person ($140 daily), for only breakfeast and dinner. If your not a big breakfast person, and can get away with a danish and coffee, then it's a waste, since you and your wife would be paying $70 together for breakfast no matter what. meal plan dinners include appetizer, main dish and dessert. GOOD LUCK

Anthony M.
Oct 12, 2012

We use grocery delivery (there's a couple online) when we go to Harborside. Done it twice now and very happy. Don't have to use the meal plan and eat big, can eat in our room when and how much we want. Don't have to use the shuttle, and we're happy we don't have to carry anything in our luggage. Kids were happy to have snacks ALL THE TIME (as kids do eat all the time on holiday). Cheers!

Jason S.
Oct 31, 2012

Planning on going to Harborside in May of 2013. We have just started the process of research. Can any one tell me the difference in the one bedroom units? Standard Vs Premium.

Mechelle H.
Oct 31, 2012

For starters the smaller unit only sleeps 4 versus 5 in the larger unit. The smaller unit does not have a balcony unless you have a corner unit and these were sold as specific week/unit numbers so if you rent from an owner and they own that you would likely get it. Smaller living space in main area--smaller stove/dishwasher/refrigerator. The lack of any outside space to me is a real negative. I own a two bedroom week 1 and a corner unit week 52--without that corner/balcony I would not like it as much--but also you won't be spending much time in your room so it may not really bother you. Hope this helps.

Maria W.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.