Montecristo Estates by Pueblo Bonito

Just returned from Monte Cristo

Oct 13, 2009

Just returned from 4 days at the Monte Cristo, villa 31. Went as a guest of my brother who had RI points to burn, he ended up not going and since the date/points couldn't be changed we went along with friends.

Villa was first rate, very clean, everything worked, and tons of room. Our concierge, Edgardo, was terrific and helped out where needed. The shuttle was okay. Since we were down a little lane, I think the shuttle passed by a few times and neglected to go down the lane so we learned to walk down the lane to the road which wasn't a big bother.

Attended a sales presentation. They are only selling at the resort, the villas were not even mentioned except that Phase I is sold out and they are building Phase II. Did mention to the salewoman that I read that a few of the owners at the Monte Cristo were not happy and then brought up the golf course. Got a song and dance regarding the government and the changes that kept coming up. She said "possibly" some time next year. They are really touting the Ritz Carlton residences and how that will make ownership even more inviting by being associated with their name. She said they have leased the land in exchange for their name. They are fairly high pressure but since we had no intention of buying it didn't bother us. For a Jr suite the cost varied from 17,000 to 10,000 to 6,000 depending on what happened with the second week, if you wanted it or not.

Have lots of pictures that I am more than willing to share.....

email to mboer9696@att.net

Marilyn B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.