Marriott's Aruba Surf Club

SURF CLUB RULES ABOUT MAX OCC

Oct 13, 2009

WE ARE A FAMILY OF FIVE, IS IT NECESSARY TO RENT A TWO BEDROOM OR CAN WE GET BY WITH A ONE BEDROOM. WE WILL BE TRAVELING DURING EASTER WEEK AND WE DON'T WANT TO HAVE ANY PROBLEMS AT THE RESORT WITH ONE EXTRA CHILD IN THE ROOM.

EDward D.
Oct 31, 2009

We travelled to the Surf Club in 2006 with 5 family members staying in a one bedroom. Our youngest was 4 years old at the time so he was able to share the King size master bed with my husband and I. The unit has a king size bed and a sleeper sofa. If you think the five family members can sleep comfortably with that then you shouldn't have any problems. You will be given four beach/pool towels in the room (and four tags for the pool chairs) but we found that there wasn't any problem from the Marriott staff asking about the 5th member (they seem to follow the "don't ask/don't tell" policy about extra members). Just carry an extra pool/beach towel with you. One note of caution however is that when we visited in summer 2008 they had switched to a system whereby each member of the family must wear a wrist band in order to have access to the pool. You will only be given 4 wristbands and they were very strict about this policy even for the babies who were floating in the pool with their parents. You may be able to access an extra writstband by finding one lying around the pool deck or simply asking the Marriott for an extra but I'm not sure if you are willing to take the risk.

Joseph C.
Nov 15, 2009

The previous person is right. They are very strict about the wristband thing when you are at the pool. I saw them make a child get out and get thier wrist band while in the pool.

Ellen D.
Dec 29, 2009

Just tell them you lost one of your bracelets and they will give you another one for $25.00. I know it's dishonest but I've seen this done.

Cathy M.
Jul 12, 2023

What colour are the SC wristbands. Are they always the same colour?

Raviv K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.