Timeshare Exchanges

Thanksgiving week reservation - which dates?

Oct 19, 2009

I am planning to reserve a week at my home resort (Desert Springs I) for Thanksgiving week 2010 with the hopes that my exchange priority with Interval would be high since this is one of the weeks of highest demand.

Desert Springs allows Thursday through Sunday arrivals. With Thanksgiving being on a Thursday, would it be more advantageous that I reserve the week starting the previous Saturday or Sunday, which gives the occupant the week of Thanksgiving, or would it be better for arrival on Thanksgiving day itself so that the occupant would have the week following Thanksgiving?

Michael G.

Last edited by michaelg308 on Oct 19, 2009 01:38 PM

Oct 19, 2009

I would take Sat or Sunday before! Not to many families will checkin late on Thanksgiving day and start cooking the meals so going out would be their only option.

Also many families wouldn't want to packup to leave the next morning either.

PHILL12

Phil L.

Last edited by phill12 on Oct 20, 2009 01:07 PM

Oct 20, 2009

I agree with Phil .... I would reserve the Sat. or Sun. before Thanksgiving so that the occupant will have plenty of time in advance for preparation of the Thanksgiving meal and time afterward to relax.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.