Nov 05, 2009

Has anyone with fees that started at 2000.00 a week seen an increase?

Carlos S.
Nov 12, 2009

We just received our maint. bill for 2 weeks at the tune of $4200-we do not recall the sales persons telling us that the fees would be this high-has anyone else experienced this? Debbie and Mark

Debbie W.
Nov 12, 2009

My wife and I were told by our salesperson that the maintenance fee was $1800 a year per "unit". So, when we got our first bill, for over $4000, we called and we told that they define a "unit" as a week, which is odd as they don't sell by the week. The amount was over $4000 due to the added tax as well. And, when we bought the dollar was equal to 10 Pesos and is now equal to more than 13 Pesos which is the currency they use to pay their bills.

David L.
Nov 16, 2009

The reason why I started this post was to see if everyone was getting a 6% increase yearly, I just received my bill and it was 6% more than last year. Ane the real question is what are we getting for these increases?

Carlos S.
Nov 16, 2009

Because they are allowed to. Pure and simple.

David L.
Nov 16, 2009

up to 6%.

Carlos S.
Nov 17, 2009

According to the salesman we had in June 2008-he said that the maintanence fees did not go up-again we were quite surprised when we got the invoice for $4200. Does anyone know is Phase II is completed-I can't seem to get anyone to answer me-as well, I can't get an answer on who I can contact to discuss the maintenance fees, any help would be appreciated.

M&D White

Debbie W.
Nov 01, 2011

Hi I am looking to buy a unit in phase 2 right now and was wondering if the maintenance fees that are about $4300 a year are subject to an increase every year? If so if it is an every other year timeshare like every even year do the fees only increase on those years or every year. And also can you bank a week each year so as to use 1 week every year?

Thanks for help Steve

Stephen B.
Nov 02, 2011

Steve

I can speak to Phase 1 of the Montecristo's fee can go up 6% per year, that does not mean that they have just that they can. My fees started at 950.00 per week in 05 and now they are at 1300.00 per week, I have Villa 13.

Carlos S.
Nov 02, 2011

Steve, our villa is available every even year the first two weeks of June. The maintenance fees will be due in this Dec. -you must pay the fees prior to using the villa also if you don't pay they can send you to collections. We purchased the villa in 2008 and yes the fees did go up, some type of special Mexican tax. If you are interested in buying a villa in Phase II ours is up for sale. It is villa #108. Let me know.

Mark and Debbie

Debbie W.

Last edited by marty8084 on Nov 03, 2011 06:13 PM

Nov 03, 2011

I too have the first 15 days of June, but I am in phase 1 villa 13 and my fees are still low.

Carlos S.

Last edited by marty8084 on Nov 03, 2011 06:04 PM

Nov 17, 2011

Hi Steve, We are phase two owners with the last two weeks in May. Our location is 114 with great views and privacy. Our maintenance fees have not changed per our to years. $4200

Alan T.

Alan T.

Last edited by marty8084 on Nov 17, 2011 11:22 PM

Dec 05, 2011

debbiew212 wrote:
We just received our maint. bill for 2 weeks at the tune of $4200-we do not recall the sales persons telling us that the fees would be this high-has anyone else experienced this? Debbie and Mark

Yes, we were shocked when we got our first maintenance fee bill for around $4400. We thought it was going to be about $1800. Marcy

Marcy O.
Dec 07, 2011

Join the club and welcome to the small print and sales lies. You were most likely told the fee would be $1800 a "unit" and figured that was the total only to find out that their definition of a unit is per week. Around here a unit is the villa not a unit of time. Get ready, as it won't be the last sales pitch that will turn out to be not as suspected.

Lewis B.
Dec 08, 2011

I think that is exactly what happened. We would not have bought this if we had been aware that the maintenance fees were so high. We bought in 2008 for around $80,000 and we have not bee able to use it even one time. We have paid about $15,000 in maintenance fees and another $4500 is due January 2. If you don't pay your maintenance fees then you lose your property because PB takes it back. I wish we had never bought this. This has been a total waste of money for us . No luck renting it either. So, we have paid out about $100,000 for nothing! Marcy

Marcy O.
Dec 08, 2011

You are not alone! We had it taken from us for not being able to pay the maintenance fee. It is much better to not buy but just pay rent as you can get a place for what the daily ($250) maintenance fee would be. Buying a unit is just a waste of money asit is doubtful the units will appreciate. When we contacted PB about all that we were told that turned out to be untrue all we were told was that any law suit would take place in Cabo and there wasn't a jury nor judge who would go against the hospitality industry.

Lewis B.
Dec 09, 2011

Marcy,

Maybe Dirk will take the opportunity to explain why your fees are double what you were told. It will make a great addition to why the golf course isn't built, or even being designed, why PB won't help you resell your unit or why the rents are so low when you do try to rent your unit. These were all things we were promised.

Lewis B.
Dec 10, 2011

They failed to tell us that the maintenance fees were" per week." We bought two weeks, so we thought the entire fee would be around $1800 per year. No, it's more like $4500 !! There are two forums on FaceBook for Montecristo Owners, if you didn't know that already. Some of the comments on FB seem "staged" to me. There can't be that many people that are happy with their purchase. Marcy

Marcy O.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.