Nov 10, 2009

I'm a member of Interval International and I've exchanged my timeshare @ the Maui Ocean Club for two weeks in Oahu. I would like to rent the two weeks out since we cannot use them. Interval tells me that reservations are non-transferable. Any way around this stipulation? Thanks.

Pamela B.
Jan 13, 2010

I was under the impression that you could add a Guess Certificate to any Interval Reservation (its like 39 dollars)

Angela D.
Feb 11, 2010

I too want to rent my lockoff at the Maui Ocean Club Nepali tower...kids were supposed to come and now can't get off work. What is the best way to do this at the last moment? We are 5 weeks out? If you post it on Redweek, how do they get a key and get in to the unit?

Nanakathy
Feb 11, 2010

We used the escrow service recommended by Redweek. You provide Marriott the 'guests names' and they issue the same kind of letter/confirmation that you, as an owner, get when you have reservations. All the renter needs to do when they get to Maui is go thru the usual check-in process. Hopes this helps. We've rented our various units several times thru Redweek without any problems encountered by the 'buyers'.

Pat & Mike L.
Feb 22, 2010

Thanks for all the info. How did you collect the rent money? Did you have them sign the rental agreement that is on this site?

Nanakathy
Feb 25, 2010

Yes, we did. The 'renters' pay half of the fee up front, the escrow company holds the money, then, I think 60 days before the occupancy date, the renter pays the balance. After the unit has been occupied & there are no problems reported by the renter, the escrow company sends you a check for the full amount. Hope this helps.

Pat & Mike L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.