Travel Tips & Advice

BEST SAFTY TIPS

Dec 24, 2009

* Set yourself reminders prior to departure such as arranging a house sitter, collection of visible mail, cancellation of home deliveries, ensuring valuables are locked away and informing neighbours and police of your absence, if appropriate; * Only use reputable security response companies. If unsure of their reputation, it might be better not to advise them of your house being vacant, but ensure they have details of authorised key holders in the case of alarms being set off; * Obtain correct travel documentation to ensure a smooth entry into your country of destination. Book flights well in advance; check visa requirements and expiry dates of passports. Most countries insist on a passport validity of at least six months; * Ensure that all inoculations and medical certificates are up-to-date; * When bringing prescription medication into a foreign country, ensure that you bring the original prescription and a signed letter from your local physician; * Do everything possible to ensure luggage arrives securely at your destination. If possible, avoid placing valuables in your suitcases. Properly secure and tag luggage with your contact details, with copies inside as well. * Always obtain travel insurance prior to travel and be aware of what articles will not be allowed past customs at your destination; * Make a pre-departure checklist covering car hire details, passport, visas, proof of hotel reservations, credit card details, emergency contact numbers, local currency and proof of travel insurance; * Have copies of emergency contact details in your personal luggage and on your person. This includes details of your local accommodation, your country's embassy or consulate, local police and emergency services, car hire, tour operators, airline and other useful numbers which you may require in an emergency; * Do not keep valuables such as money, credit cards, mobile phones, keys, passports and travel tickets all together. Spread the risk of loss or theft by using a belt bag, concealed pouch or a safe at your accommodation; * Do not wear expensive watches and jewellery in public and avoid having expensive cameras and other electronic equipment on display.

My J.

Last edited by astephens on Jun 06, 2012 06:06 PM

Feb 17, 2011

Thanks for sharing these wonderful safety tips with us. I really appreciate your post. Here is one tip from my side also for the backpackers. Don't take expensive jewellery or other valuables. Buy cheap ones for the trip.

Rxd M.
May 24, 2012

It`s nice post and containing some useful information about travelling tips so when you are looking for hiring a car then you should take care of these things.

Dep J.
Jul 31, 2012

nice post here really good tips about safty tips .

Breet H.
Aug 03, 2012

I really like these safety tips, if safes are in hotels I'll definitely take advantage of those and leave some of my things in there. I also make sure to bring maps/books/or other travel guides to make sure I know where I am going and what places to avoid. I have never thought about the medicine one.

Elise P.
Aug 27, 2012

these tips are really nice , Thanks for this post i really like it . these tips are very helpful for ant traveler.

Eithan P.

Last edited by marty8084 on Sep 07, 2012 12:09 AM

Sep 06, 2012

I enjoy these safety suggestions, if safes will be in hotels I'll definitely benefit from those and leave some of my things within. I also ensure that you bring maps, or various other travel guides to be sure I know where I am going and what places in order to avoid. I have never contemplated the medicine one particular.

John A.
Sep 06, 2012

very very thanks for this special advice here .i remember those tips when i go for outside .

Breet H.

Last edited by marty8084 on Sep 07, 2012 12:10 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.