Point Systems

Buying on the resale market.

Jan 02, 2010

I'm new to the Marriott system but love our home resort, Newport Coast.

Can we buy additional weeks on Redweek or other sites and have the same benefits as buying directly from Marriott?

Michael M.
Jan 03, 2010

No, you cannot buy resale and get the same benefits as buying directly from Marriott. The only difference is that you cannot trade your Marriott timeshare week for Marriott Rewards points if you buy resale. That is the only difference.

Charles S.
Jan 03, 2010

By purshasing the second week in the Platnum, like my original week, timeframe does that give me the ability to set my weeks 13 months ahead of time instead of 12 months like one week owners?

What would you consider a good price to pay for a Platnum week at Newport Coast?

Thank you for your expertise. This is very confusing but we do love our timeshare and want more.

Mike

Michael M.
Jan 03, 2010

You can make reservations 13 weeks out, but your reservations must be two consecutive weeks or two simultaneous weeks. So for example you can have a reservation that goes from January 4 2010 until January 18, 2010 or you can have a reservation for two 2 bedrooms from January 4, 2010 until January 11, 2010.

If you want to know what a good price would be for the platinum week at NCV, I would suggest that you look at the NCV for sale on Ebay, Redweek and TUG(Timeshare Users Group) and compare the prices. Then you would have a better idea as to what a good price would be to buy at resale price.

Charles S.
Jan 04, 2010

charless345,

Thank you for the insight.

Michael M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.