Timeshare Exchanges

How does "banking" float weeks work?

Mar 04, 2010

How does "banking" float weeks work? Am purchasing a fixed week, but as part of the deal a float week also comes with it. What options does banking the float give me, if any? Will be part of the RCI family. Any incite or advise is appreciated. Thank you Scott

Scott G.
Mar 04, 2010

You choose a week at your resort and then bank that week.

R P.
Mar 04, 2010

You have to call the resort and reserve the week you want to bank

R P.
Mar 10, 2010

You can a "'bank" a floating week with any of the exchange companies including RCI. We own one floating week and 10 fixed weeks at various resorts. The way the floating week works is you pick the week you want at the beginning of each year. You then have that week to bank with any company you choose. We always choose a good week such as Xmas week, but with RCI I found that as far as exchanging went they didn't consider the time of the week as a plus, it was mostly the location of the resort and if it was a Goldcrown resort. I started trading with RCI about 15 years ago and they used to be good but their prices and practices and excange options have went from an A+ 15 years ago to an F today. I won"t deal with them any more unless I have to. Try Dial an Excange or others. Shop around, it will be woth it. Good Luck!

Kay J.
Mar 17, 2010

Would you mind elaborating on how RCI has gone from and A+ 15 years ago to an F now. I belong to RCI with a points timeshare purchase about 6-7 years ago. I do find the selection to be small on times and areas that I would like to vacation near home. We now have the opportunity to purchase at a different resort in the same general area ..1 1/2 hours from our home in a high demand 3 season area for $1 and pay the maintenance fee every other year. With this white week/medium demand Studio & Two bedroom Lockout we could put it into RCI as weeks or points or not do any "banking" at this time. Given your experience what do you suggest?

Cheryl S.
Mar 18, 2010

kayj15 wrote:
You can a "'bank" a floating week with any of the exchange companies including RCI. We own one floating week and 10 fixed weeks at various resorts. The way the floating week works is you pick the week you want at the beginning of each year. You then have that week to bank with any company you choose.

That's not true if your resorts are affiliated with only RCI or only II.

In other words, if your resort is affiliated with only RCI, then you cannot deposit them with II, but you can deposit them with independent exchange companies such as Redweek.

Some resorts are affiliated with both RCI and II .... perhaps that's what you're speaking of.

R P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.