Timeshare Exchanges

Timeshareforland

May 19, 2010

So, I stumbled upon this site the other day as I was looking to unload my Liki Tiki Village, FL timeshare and wanted to ask the community a quick question. I searched the forum before asking and didn’t see anything on it, so apologies if this has been brought up before.

Has anyone ever heard of companies that allow you to trade your timeshare for land? A friend of mine was talking to me about certain organizations that will allow you to trade your timeshare for land equity. She heard the timeshare/equity value is traded at a 1:1 ration! We no longer use our timeshare and I want to get rid of it fast, but know that the resale value of it will not be anywhere near what I paid for it just trying to dump it or listing it with a broker. If I could trade my timeshare for land that is valuable somewhere near to my home in Texas I may be able to build a nice little vacation getaway on the property that my family could truly put to good use.

Has anyone ever traded a timeshare for land equity???

Does anyone know anything about these timeshare for land trade deals???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lyle L.
May 20, 2010

Never heard of any such company .... beware !!! I don't know why any company would take a timeshare trade-in for land as they would be responsible for all future maintenances fees and possible special assessments.

R P.
May 20, 2010

OP placed the exact same inquiry in multiple forums ( a procedural no-no, but I am not the RedWeek police --- and I don't play them on TV).

This exact same posting in General Discusssion has a few replies. The "land proposal" apparently has its' roots with BlueGreen, a timeshare points entity in some financial difficulty these days. Who knows what they might be trying with this scheme? It may well be designed to get more facilities / weeks under the BlueGreen umbrella for their Points program, without actually spending a penny to acquire those weeks. If so, it remains unclear how the "land" fits into the picture, as BlueGreen historically has nothing at all to do with "raw land" or sales thereof.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on May 20, 2010 02:33 PM

May 21, 2010

Sorry,

I wasn't sure which forum this question would fall into, and was curious about it.

I apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your honesty and help.

Lyle L.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.