Marriott's Maui Ocean Club - Lahaina Tower

What's with the "week number" designations in Lahaina and Napili Villas resale listings?

May 24, 2010

I'm noticing on the RedWeek resale listings for properties at the Marriott Maui Ocean Club Lahaina and Napili Towers that a majority seem to now have a designation of a particular week instead of "annual/float." We own a unit the Lahaina Villas and it's always been a "floating" week so I'm puzzled why I'm now seeing this very restrictive usage date on the resells. I understand that weeks 50, 51 and 52 are fixed weeks, but now I'm seeing things like Week 20, or Week 36, etc. Does anyone have an explanation for this?

Barbara K.
Jun 14, 2010

We own an ocean front unit in Lahaina towers. At the time of our purchase ocean front rooms were assigned weeks. Other views were floating. We have our week in October. We love knowing that our week is confirmed and the same unit will be waiting for us. No need to put in a request!

Maria L.
May 01, 2011

Which units are best, the Napli or Lahaina Villas?

Alan L.
May 22, 2011

alanl114 wrote:
Which units are best, the Napli or Lahaina Villas?

They are basically the same units as far as decor and size. The Napali Towers have ocean view and island view on the Island view side there is not even a partial ocean view. In the Lahaina Towers there are ocean front and ocean view and garden view, almost all the villas including garden have some view of the ocean. There are pools at both towers each a little different, bars are at main pool and another at Napali Towers none at Lahaina which makes it a little quieter.

Charleen M.
May 28, 2011

We have just returned from our 2nd annual week at Napili Towers. I wanted to clarify that the 3 bedroom units which we own are a direct full oceanfront view. I did not think the posting was clear. There are fixed week units as well as floating two bedrooms, and many of those are also full ocean view.

Sharon B.
Jan 14, 2014

Some of the top floor 3-bedroom villas are specific week occupancy.

Jay T.
Jan 14, 2014

The ocean front views from either are fine. The Lahaina Tower is closer to the water, however, the Napili Tower is much closer to the lobby, valet parking and the main pool and bar. We have going to the Marriott Ocean Club for 13-14 years as ocean front owners and also Vacation Club Points members. We can stay in either tower. You can't go wrong, it's a great resort but we generally choose the Napili Tower. Hope this helps.

Jay T.
Jan 14, 2014

We own at the Napili Tower and have a fixed week #18 on the calendar which is the first Saturday of May. We picked that specific week when we purchased as it is our anniversary week and we always know what unit (floor 5, week 18 and it is a direct Ocean Front 3 bedroom. No concern that we will get to go exactly when we want, and have the same unit every year.It is a little quieter than Lahaina Tower, but that is our opinion.

jayt40 wrote:
The ocean front views from either are fine. The Lahaina Tower is closer to the water, however, the Napili Tower is much closer to the lobby, valet parking and the main pool and bar. We have going to the Marriott Ocean Club for 13-14 years as ocean front owners and also Vacation Club Points members. We can stay in either tower. You can't go wrong, it's a great resort but we generally choose the Napili Tower. Hope this helps.

Sharon B.
Jan 14, 2014

We are owners of a fixed week in Lahaina Tower. As mentioned before, initially many Oceanfront units were sold with a specific week assigned. We love it! Same location and same week every year, also in October.

Maria L.
Jan 08, 2015

Can you still buy the one bedroom units. Not destination points but week ownership

Linda R.
Feb 12, 2015

No. You never could buy one bedroom units in the Lahaina or Napili Towers. You buy the full villa - 2 bedrooms - but you can choose to "lock off" one side, and use the other side later, giving you 2 weeks a year usage.

lindar104 wrote:
Can you still buy the one bedroom units. Not destination points but week ownership

Barbara K.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.