General Discussion

brand new confused member.how do I begin the process of renting out my wyndham points?

Jul 10, 2010

We have always used our Wyndham points for travel in the past or banked them with RCI. We are unable to travel this year and need the cash. Where do we begin? Should I book a reservation thru wyndham for a week at any available resort and then advertise on redweek? Any suggestions??

Nancy K.
Jul 10, 2010

nancyk270 wrote:
We have always used our Wyndham points for travel in the past or banked them with RCI. We are unable to travel this year and need the cash. Where do we begin? Should I book a reservation thru wyndham for a week at any available resort and then advertise on redweek? Any suggestions??

Yes, book a desirable week (holiday or high demand) in a desirable location then place a rental ad here.

R P.
Jul 10, 2010

nancyk270 wrote:

Since the (March, 2009) Wyndham policy change which now specifically prohibits the rental or transfer of Wyndham points (except directly from Wyndham), you really have no other choice than to reserve a week with your points --- and then rent out that week if you are looking to recover some cash. If you deposit your Wyndham points with RCI, any week subsequently obtained from RCI will be an "exchange" (which CANNOT then be rented out to someone else).

In my opinion, RedWeek and MyResortNetwork are by far the two best places to advertise your week AFTER you have reserved the best location / demand period you can find and confirm. You will still need to be competitive in your pricing as compared to other rentals for the same time / place. Good luck.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 10, 2010 02:48 PM

Dec 03, 2015

Better off having someone handle this for you not to get ducked into Wyndham's extra holidays trap. They take hefty fees and 1099 for the full amount, plus been known to steal weeks from owners as not rented. There are a few small companies who will manage your account on your behalf and handle Everything for you at a much lower rate than the industry standard, just fyi

Angela R.
May 15, 2018

angelar285 wrote:
Better off having someone handle this for you not to get ducked into Wyndham's extra holidays trap. They take hefty fees and 1099 for the full amount, plus been known to steal weeks from owners as not rented. There are a few small companies who will manage your account on your behalf and handle Everything for you at a much lower rate than the industry standard, just fyi

Hi Angelar285... you mentioned that there are some small companies out there that will manage my points account for me and handle the renting transactions for a fee. Could you please make a recommendation of one or two that you know of and are reputable ?

Simon P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.