Jul 15, 2010

looking to buy the month of Janaury on the resale market. What condition is unit #21 in?. How are the views? How is the road noise? Other issues with Villa #21?

Thanks, Brian Briscoe

Brian B.
Jul 16, 2010

We own in Villa 61 which is on the bottom row, so I thought I would address your road noise question.

We were concerned about road noise when we realized that the road was immediately below our Villa. However, when we have stayed, it has really not been an issue. If you are listening for road noise, you can hear it, but as soon as you become distracted it seems to simply become background.

There was significant Phase 2 construction noise in 2009, less so in 2010. The kids we have had staying with us have actualy enjoyed watching the construction from the Villa pool. Not sure if the noise travels up the mountainside, but we have decided that road noise is not an issue for Villas on the bottom row

Lisa G.
Jan 25, 2011

hi there,

any info you could provide on Villa #61. with Phase II , how are the views of the ocean? any construction noise at this time? also, any word as to status of the construction of new MC clubhouse, pool, store, tennis courts?

thanks alot! best regards

Shannon P.
Feb 03, 2011

Re Villa 61 questions....the Phase 2 Villas do not obstruct the view from Villa 61. The Phase 2 Villas are located below the main road which heads into the resort - while the Phase 1 Villas are located on the mountainside above that road. You look "down" from the Villa terrraces or pool to see the Phase 2 units, but look straight "out" from the terraces or pool to see the ocean.

We have not been in the Villa since April 2010, so I don't know where the Phase 2 construction is currently located. The highest row of the phase 2 Villas was completed last April, and the 2010 construction was no longer dierctly below the Phase 1 Villas.

I have heard that the MonteCristo Clubhouse was supposed to be open by January 1, 2011, but do not have confirmation that it has in fact opened.

Perhaps another owner can update you on the location of phase 2 construction, and whether the clubhouse has opened yet

Lisa G.
Feb 08, 2011

Here is an update on the status of the MonteCristo clubhouse, from Alex Martin (head of MC reservations):

The club House will be open between April and May.

We will have a restaurant, deli market , Gym with a beautiful Spa , Pool with a Jacuzzi , Activities center and kids club , and of course our lobby

Lisa G.
Feb 08, 2011

Just returned from MC #21. Club house is getting close, so April sounds about right.

Brian Briscoe

Brian B.

Last edited by marty8084 on Feb 08, 2011 03:45 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.