Timeshare Exchanges

timeshares

Jul 27, 2010

are available

Mark M.

Last edited by markm702 on May 11, 2011 12:54 PM

Sep 04, 2010

I am sorry to hear about your troubles with Grupo Mayan. We purchased the Mayan Palace timeshare from them in Acapulco two years ago. We just used it for the first time in the Riviera Mayan area south of Cancun and really enjoyed the week. We ignored the timeshare presentation there and that was a smart move. I've listened to several timeshare presentations and take everything with a grain of salt. It sound like you need to go higher in the chain of command to get your problem solved. Hopefully, you will not have to get an attorney to help you. Best of luck to you.

Ken F.
Sep 19, 2010

2 years ago my wife and I were invited to a Grand Mayan presentation in Cabo San Lucas. The inducement was $250 USD; we went. We were held captive for more than 3 hours and were cajoled into buying a program for $5,800 that would give us 150 bonus weeks through some kind of buying group. They wanted originally $47,000 for a 2 bedroom unit at the Grand Mayan. They said they would give me credit for my Presidential Suite at the Hacienda del Mar.

It took us almost a year for our credit card company to get our money back. We went to The Profeco (Mexican consumer affairs); we were assured we would be made whole.

We bought the "weeks" deal because we felt we were being held hostage in a foreign country by people who were consummate con men! This was an attempt at fraud and became for me a very serious matter. I am a salesman by profession and I found the high pressure tactics used very unprofessional and very unsavory. I hold myself to a much higher standard.

Although not an attorney, I am given to believe that fraud implies intent on the part of the perpetrator. I thought it best to charge the payment on my credit card and then contact my credit card company later. Thankfully Grupo Mayan sales people thought I paid their "ransom" of $5,800 and i was able to get out of there and return to HDM. It was definitely my intent to get my money back and I did.

Philip S.
Sep 20, 2010

Grupo Mayan most certainly has a long established track record of "very questionable" (at best) sales practices --- but why on earth has the topic been introduced in this"Timeshare Exchanges" forum???

The issue of sales tactics has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with THIS particular forum's subject, which is "Timeshare Exchanges".

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Sep 20, 2010 07:47 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.