Timeshare Exchanges

Same week listed in both Redweek and Dial An Exchange

Jul 28, 2010

I just noticed that both Redweek and Dial an Exchange have the Casablanca resort in Argentina listed to exchange a 1 bedroom unit on Dec 18, 2010. It seems highly unlikely that 2 different people have put up the same week at the same resort on 2 different exchange sites. Especially since this is the only Argentina listing on both sites. It seems much more likely that this is one reservation listed on both exchange sites. Any comments?

Sandra A.
Jul 29, 2010

sandraa90 wrote:
I just noticed that both Redweek and Dial an Exchange have the Casablanca resort in Argentina listed to exchange a 1 bedroom unit on Dec 18, 2010. It seems highly unlikely that 2 different people have put up the same week at the same resort on 2 different exchange sites.
You may not be aware that DAE is actually the "engine" behind the RedWeek exchange program, so the two entities are obviously very closely affiliated. It's neither surprising nor inappropriate that the exact same week, regardless of location, might appear on both sites.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 29, 2010 06:37 AM

Jul 29, 2010

So if I deposit my week with Redweek it can appear at both Redweek and DAE as an available exchange?

It seems logical then that if I deposit my week at Redweek then I should be able to choose a week for an exchange from either Redweek or DAE?

Sandra A.
Jul 29, 2010

sandraa90 wrote:
So if I deposit my week with Redweek it can appear at both Redweek and DAE as an available exchange?

It seems logical then that if I deposit my week at Redweek then I should be able to choose a week for an exchange from either Redweek or DAE?

Having no affiliation with either DAE OR RedWeek, I won't claim to know with certainty the answer to either one of your questions.

That said, I sincerely doubt that a RedWeek deposit would (or ever will) give anyone access to the entirety of the DAE exchange inventory, which comes from a great many sources (and are much larger in number) compared to the relatively small number of RedWeek deposits. To do that would certainly NOT be in DAE's best interests. I'd be willing to bet that only low demand (or short notice) weeks ever show up simultaneously in the exchange inventory of BOTH systems. Moreover, the two systems are run quite differently; DAE does not assign a "point" value to deposits as RedWeek does. In short, I believe that in general, it would be highly unlikely to see DAE deposits in the Redweek exchange inventory, and / or vice versa. DAE may run the "engine" of the Redweek exchange program, but that certainly doesn't necessarily mean that DAE is ever going to provide any DAE deposits to the much smaller RedWeek exchange program. I'd be willing to bet that the Argentina example you cite is just an unusual, isolated anomaly, due to its' likely very low demand and /or short notice time frame.

In any event, if you want details "straight from the horse's mouth", I'd recommend contacting both entities directly. Neither RedWeek nor DAE reps might ever even be aware of your interest based upon a query posted only here in the RedWeek discussion forums...

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Jul 31, 2010 11:27 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.