Montecristo Estates by Pueblo Bonito

Car rental Agency recommendation for Cabo San Lucas Airport

Aug 26, 2010

I am looking for a recommendation of a reliable and fairly priced car rental agency at Cabo' s airport. Some of the travel blogs suggest not booking in advance but bargaining with the rental agents upon arrival. I am looking for a weekly rental with maximum (i.e. no headache) insurance. Thanks

Jeffrey W.
Sep 08, 2010

We rented from EuropCar and had a great experience. The rental counter is a short walk across the parking lot from the airline terminal; they were very friendly and helpful at the counter - but - (as with most any conversation you have with anyone at the airport in Cabo) - they'll try to rope you into a timeshare presentation. UNLIKE most others, once we said we weren't interested, they didn't press or try to pursue. The price of the rental car was far below any other company and we paid about 1/3 of what another couple who we were vacationing with paid for their "big name" (but smaller and really crummy) car. Highly recommend EuropCar - definitely take the insurance. You never know what's going to happen in Cabo... :-)

Ellen L.
Sep 09, 2010

Thanks for your recommendation. Did you reserve in advance of your trip? Do you think that is necessary?

Jeffrey W.
Feb 10, 2011

Rent a car from Dominic. You can find his information on Trip Advisor on the Baja Forum.

Harold N.
Feb 13, 2011

I have rented from several places in Cabo - my best experience has been from Alamo - Contact Antonio Miranda. Antonio Miranda amiranda@alamorentacar.com.mx

They were quick, great service, and no surprises. Price quoted was the price we paid when we turned the car back in. Convenient location just outside the SJD airport gate.

Richard B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.