Montecristo Estates by Pueblo Bonito

A Place to file complaint/s about Montecristo Estates

Sep 20, 2010

Another unhappy owner within Montecristo Estates recently mentioned to me that the best place they found to file a complaint, and get action, is at "inquiry@registry-collection.com". This lets The Registry Collection know about problems people have with member properties such as Montecristo Estates. I agree, as if Montecristo Estates were not an active member of The Registry Collection they wouldn't be getting as many people to visit there and have the chance to give their sales pitch. As many of you know it doesn't do a bit of good to complain to anyone with Montecristo Estates so maybe this method will help get their attention.

Lewis B.

Last edited by lewisb21 on Sep 20, 2010 12:22 PM

Apr 01, 2011

The Montecristo Estates in Cabo is absolutely fabulous! The Pueblo Bonito resort is fantastic as well. The homes are gorgeous, the view is breathtaking, and the food and service is fantastic. I honestly don't know what's not to love. My family spent 2 weeks there and returned on March 29, and we could not have had a better time. Something for all ages--fun for kids, and relaxing for adults. We worried about leaving our two 4-year olds in the Kids Club, but we tried it for an afternoon and they begged to go back! They went to the beach, looked for sea shells and made sea shell necklaces and picture frames, tie-dye T-Shirts, went swimming, had "cooking lessons" (cookie cutouts and decorating, then they bake them off), and the list goes on. What a relief for parents trying to get a little "couple time"!

Truly, people will complain about anything. If they complain about this place though, they must be ridiculously hard to please. My husband and I have traveled to some beautiful places, and this is honestly the best we have stayed at in Mexico bar none. We would go back ANYTIME!

Bridget V.
Apr 01, 2011

So, did you buy or were you there as a guest? Yes, it is a beautiful place and the units are wonderful. That is, unless you bought a fractional ownership and were lied to.

Lewis B.
Oct 17, 2011

This is an insanely beautiful place. Constructed in a style and manner that the USA could never copy or mimic with its massive views, hand made rock walls, climbing vines, each villa with a swimming pool, internet, two smiling maids, pool man, gardner, the concierge staff of alex and Mizraim who stand by to help you in any way they can... Service that shows up in a matter of minutes, to fix a pump or fix a washing machine that might be acting up... Or the pillow menu. Or the absolutely insane view over what is soon going to be two golf courses, miles of walking paths.... On thousands of acres. On the beach! Tell me how you would build this on the coast of california? California coastal commission... EPA. Insurance premiums on giant rock walls and houses built in the air... The consturctjion was built at standards that are higher than the USA, using resources of labor and materials that are unheard of in the USA. If this villa group were located in Newport beach California you think it would cost what people paid for it? And we have better service! Better construction style from a maintenance point of view! In the sunshine. With smiles! With staff that are happy to help you !

Dirk M.
Oct 17, 2011

?

Ross P.
Oct 18, 2011

?

Jon H.
Oct 18, 2011

Dirk, in my view you are a crook. It doesn't make any difference how you spin it your job is to take advantage of people sure and simple. Sure, the place is beautiful but all that does it make your job easier. If the place is so great why do the salespeople have to hide behind the small print in the contracts? Why is the maintenance fees defined as so much per unit and then you find out a "unit" isn't defined as what you are buying but a "unit" of time? Why are people told you will rent the villa for them when you don't? Why are people told you will help them sell if necessary when you won't? Why are people promised the golf course is going to be built 4-5 years ago when it hasn't even been started? Why are you telling people it is still going to be built when Nicklaus Golf isn't even working on it as they haven't been paid? As I have said before, if you want to visit Montecristo Estates the best way to do it is to buy a place in the states and use your points to go.

Lewis B.
Oct 18, 2011

Dirk, maybe my statement above was too harsh as I have never met you but only read what others who have met you have said. However, if you use the same tactics that the salesperson that sold us a "bill of goods" use then my statement stands. We paid $86,000 cash for a villa only to have it taken from us for not being able to pay the maintenance fee which turned out to be over double what we were told. We were told that anytime we didn't want to use the unit we could put it up for rent and Montecristo Estates would rent it for us and give us 60% of whatever they got for rent and the minimum rent would be $1200-1600 a night. When asked how you could offer this we were told that since the salespeople were 30-40% successful in getting people that stayed there to buy it was a cheap way to get people into the villas even if they didn't pay as much as we were being paid by Montecristo Estates. We were told that anytime we wanted to sell that our unit would be sold by the sales staff and it would be sold at a priority. We were also told the golf course would begin construction in 2007 and we were even given a certificate for discounted golf. However, we later found out that since it was not signed by two qualified people it wouldn't be valid even if the course were ever built. Is this the way a quality resort needs to be sold?

Lewis B.
Oct 20, 2011

look, man. that you would call me a crook and you haven't met me pretty much sums up your credibility...your own shortfallings as a person, your own internal frustrations at life.. "what other people have said about me", really? i guess the fifteen upgrades i have done this month, the two hugs i got today... man, you don't even know what you are talking about... .. those villas are awesome and mr coppel is using every resource he has to finish it. good luck to you

Dirk M.
Jan 09, 2012

There are two facebook pages for Montecristo Estates owners that you might want to look at.

Marcy O.
Jan 09, 2012

Please read the posts on FaceBook. You are not the only unhappy person. Did you ever get a deed to the property? We didn't either, but we were promised one.

Marcy O.
Jan 15, 2012

marcyo7 wrote:
There are two facebook pages for Montecristo Estates owners that you might want to look at.
Can you please let me know the name of the pages. I tried looking for it but I was unsuccessful - thank you!

Raquel M.
Jan 17, 2012

raquelm21 wrote:
marcyo7 wrote:
Can you please let me know the name of the pages. I tried looking for it but I was unsuccessful - thank you!

Marcy O.
Jun 07, 2012

marcyo7 wrote:
raquelm21 wrote:
marcyo7 wrote:

Facebook Group is called "Montecristo Estates Owners". It is open to anyone and the intent is to connect owners with renters. Everyone is welcome to join...Even Dirk:)

Kerry D.
Dec 19, 2012

The Montecristo Estates are perfect. We got our DEED in a timely manner once paid in full. We rent our unit easily when we don't use ourselves. People are friendly and happy all the time. Views are the best anywhere and the housekeeping is wonderful and always done at the time we want.

If you're having problems... perhaps it could be you are not paid in full, have not tried renting yourself, and are a totally negative person anyway.

Good luck to you! I Love Cabo and the MonteCristo Estates. :-)

Tony W.
Mar 27, 2013

What website did you use to rent your Montecristo timeshare?

Did you use the Estates themselves?

Please let me know.

Thanks, Ace

Ace P.
Apr 24, 2013

As a fellow owner - I absolutely agree. They are tops!

Ron M.
Jun 02, 2013

I have been using Redweek for a couple of years now, we own 3 villas....

Annie M.
Aug 02, 2013

Is it easy to rent or it all depends of the week you have?

anniem17 wrote:
I have been using Redweek for a couple of years now, we own 3 villas....

Annie M.
Oct 23, 2013

Hey Dirk Meyers (who is the number one sales rep for MC and his reputation in the timeshare sales arena precedes him...),

Still lying I see. Sounds like the sales pitch you gave me 6 years ago, most of which still has not come to fruition. golf Course - no (the main reason for my purchase still years away), on-site grocery - still no, built well -- perhaps -- time will tell, but certainly the broken glass in the credenza of my unit not being fixed after several visits on a yearly basis, beyond frustrating and distinctly poor service as well as dangerous to young children. not exactly all hunky dorey... enjoy your avaocado farm and such up North, and stop lying to people who work VEry hard for their money... As typical, the maids, and support staff do work hard, for low pay, and teh chieftains (1%) take the bulk. Stop the untruths.

Mike P.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.