Travel Tips & Advice

The Costa Linda

Nov 23, 2010

Costa Linda

Well our Costa Linda vacation turned out very well.

The resort was situated perfectly on Eagle Beach with a nice steady breeze, which was duly welcome with the almost endless sunshine we received during our stay.

The sunshine hadn't diminished one bit from our other trips to the island.

That is one thing that can be depended on in the ABC's, sunshine!

From the The Costa Linda Resort we could walk to town from the resort and there were a number of other families with children around our kids ages, so friendships were made and we adults were able to spend a goodly part of the week was relaxing, and not taxing.

We were disappointed that a restaurant that we had fallen in love with our last trip to Aruba (1996) The Flame, had, it appears, gone up in flame.

Some of the other old standbys were still in business, and a crop of new more elegant establishments were also in evidence.

We sampled as many as we could, while attempting ( in vain) to keep within our budget.

Fresh margaritas were the order of most days, as we found a nice, friendly Venezuelan bartender who was kind enough to hand squeeze fresh limes for us.

We joined him every evening at sunset for 1 or 2of his splendid concoctions.

The cruise port has grown substantially from our last visit as well, and the island is very popular with cruisers.

There were gigantic mega-ships which I hope don't ruin the island like Phillipsburg, Saint Maarten, where the entire town is engulfed in 6-7 megaships with 20,000+ tourists piling into the town and onto the beach like a reenactment of "Night of the Living Dead".

Palm Beach has become very crowded, with 20 or so mega resorts, a long cry from our first visit to the island in the early 1980's.

I seriously hope they leave the Baby Beach area alone, as that is the last beach not completely overrun with resorts.

We were pleasantly surprised to find that we could actually play golf on grass this time.

The old days of the 'one big sand trap' golf course has metamorphized into a real course, although not quite Augusta yet.

The Costa Linda was still in good shape, although not sparklingly new as it as when we had first seen it 15 years ago.

Our unit was clean and bright and the staff courteous and friendly.

We have always found Arubans ( Arubians?) to be some of the more friendly people in the Caribbean, although some other islands have caught on to the reason why Aruba became so popular in the first place.

I do hope the overbuilding doesn't turn Aruba into another Miami Beach or Contado in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Jennifer O.

Last edited by marty8084 on Apr 16, 2011 09:55 PM

Apr 01, 2011

I'm confused! Is this thread about the Costa Linda?

Jennifer O.
Apr 16, 2011

The Costa Linda Costa Linda

Well our Costa Linda vacation turned out very well.

The resort was situated perfectly on Eagle Beach with a nice steady breeze, which was duly welcome with the almost endless sunshine we received during our stay.

The sunshine hadn't diminished one bit from our other trips to the island.

That is one thing that can be depended on in the ABC's, sunshine!

From the The Costa Linda Resort we could walk to town from the resort and there were a number of other families with children around our kids ages, so friendships were made and we adults were able to spend a goodly part of the week was relaxing, and not taxing.

We were disappointed that a restaurant that we had fallen in love with our last trip to Aruba (1996) The Flame, had, it appears, gone up in flame.

Some of the other old standbys were still in business, and a crop of new more elegant establishments were also in evidence.

We sampled as many as we could, while attempting ( in vain) to keep within our budget.

Fresh margaritas were the order of most days, as we found a nice, friendly Venezuelan bartender who was kind enough to hand squeeze fresh limes for us.

We joined him every evening at sunset for 1 or 2of his splendid concoctions.

The cruise port has grown substantially from our last visit as well, and the island is very popular with cruisers.

There were gigantic mega-ships which I hope don't ruin the island like Phillipsburg, Saint Maarten, where the entire town is engulfed in 6-7 megaships with 20,000+ tourists piling into the town and onto the beach like a reenactment of "Night of the Living Dead".

Palm Beach has become very crowded, with 20 or so mega resorts, a long cry from our first visit to the island in the early 1980's.

I seriously hope they leave the Baby Beach area alone, as that is the last beach not completely overrun with resorts.

We were pleasantly surprised to find that we could actually play golf on grass this time.

The old days of the 'one big sand trap' golf course has metamorphized into a real course, although not quite Augusta yet.

The Costa Linda was still in good shape, although not sparklingly new as it as when we had first seen it 15 years ago.

Our unit was clean and bright and the staff courteous and friendly.

We have always found Arubans ( Arubians?) to be some of the more friendly people in the Caribbean, although some other islands have caught on to the reason why Aruba became so popular in the first place.

I do hope the overbuilding doesn't turn Aruba into another Miami Beach or Contado in San Juan, Puerto Rico.

Jennifer O.

Last edited by marty8084 on Apr 16, 2011 09:52 PM

Apr 25, 2011

We have been members for a few years now. No real issues.

The author of this thread is right though, this thread has been hijacked by a 1 time poster, signed up, vented and disappeared.

It's the usual hit and run attack, nothing newsworthy or valuable to anyone here. No interest in this site, the subject of the thread, the wishes of the author(ess?).

David P.

Last edited by marty8084 on Apr 25, 2011 03:49 PM

Apr 25, 2011

One person changed the subject line which most likely caused this thread to come up in a search for the new subject, then others just continued to post. I've deleted all the references to 'Berkshire Concepts' so hopefully this thread will get back on topic.

Thank you, Marty

Marty F
Jun 23, 2011

Costa Linda is a very beautiful place. I stayed there last week with my friends. We had been to Aruba many times and wanted to go back one more time. The beach was beautiful and the resort is very convenient to the rest of the island.

Looking for best travel information visit at:Flights and Cheap Flights Athensf

Jan J.

Last edited by janj75 on Jun 23, 2011 09:08 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.