Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club

Resort Page Update

Nov 30, 2010

Hi,

RedWeek is working on updating this resort page and would greatly appreciate any feedback from owners and/or visitors. Is all the information correct including photos? Is there anything else we can add that would be helpful for those visiting this resort?

Thank you all for your input to help best represent Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club resort page on RedWeek!

Marty

Marty F
Dec 10, 2010

Most of the pics are showing the resort before the latest refurbishment and should be removed. Only the following pics are still showing the reality.

Here's the only pics that should be kept for this resort: 1-2-7-8-9-12-27-32-34-35-36-37-38-39-40-41-42-43-44-45-46-47-49-50-51-52

More pic #29 was stolen from one of my private website/post and should be removed at once because of my copyright...

Pierre M.
Dec 11, 2010

pm59 wrote:
Most of the pics are showing the resort before the latest refurbishment and should be removed. Only the following pics are still showing the reality.

Here's the only pics that should be kept for this resort: 1-2-7-8-9-12-27-32-34-35-36-37-38-39-40-41-42-43-44-45-46-47-49-50-51-52

More pic #29 was stolen from one of my private website/post and should be removed at once because of my copyright...

Thank you so much, Pierre, for your help with the photos. I have removed the photos. The numbers don't always match up with what we see on our end so hopefully I removed all the correct photos. We actually use many photos on the main resort page that owners have added with their postings. When adding your photos we basically own the rights to use them if we need to. It benefits the resort's owners to have as many photos as we can for the potential renter/buyer to see. If it wasn't for the owner's photos we wouldn't be able to provide a good visual representation of the resort.

Please check the photos again and let me know if any more need to be removed. Also, if you could check that the description and amenities are correct too would be most appreciated.

Thanks, Marty

Marty F
Dec 11, 2010

Marty,

You are plain wrong about the lost of copyright when someone use his own copyright material. Nowhere when I post them was there a contract to that effect. Even Redweek has the following stipulation: Do not use photos, images, logos, or descriptions copied from other websites; this is copyright infringement. Cutting and pasting copyright protected material onto RedWeek.com – including anything provided as sales material by another company – is illegal. So in accordance with this policy please remove my picture from the public section. (The one with my name on it...)

As for the remaining pictures, I'm not gone use the slideshow position rank but the rank in which they appear in the webpage. The following pictures need to be remove: 6-7-8(mine)-9-31-32-33-34

Pierre M.
Dec 11, 2010

pm59 wrote:
Marty,

You are plain wrong about the lost of copyright when someone use his own copyright material. Nowhere when I post them was there a contract to that effect. Even Redweek has the following stipulation: Do not use photos, images, logos, or descriptions copied from other websites; this is copyright infringement. Cutting and pasting copyright protected material onto RedWeek.com – including anything provided as sales material by another company – is illegal. So in accordance with this policy please remove my picture from the public section. (The one with my name on it...)

As for the remaining pictures, I'm not gone use the slideshow position rank but the rank in which they appear in the webpage. The following pictures need to be remove: 6-7-8(mine)-9-31-32-33-34

Hopefully, I've removed the photos that you requested. Please check. Although by removing these photos we no longer have any photos of the bedroom or bathroom represented which is very unfortunate especially for the owners. Most of the photos that we display on the resort pages on RedWeek come from the owners. Otherwise, we wouldn't have any photos which would make it really difficult to show off the resort. Before potential renters/buyers see your posting they see the resort's main page. If what they see on the main resort page doesn't interest them they won't make it to your posting and see your photos.

On our Terms of Service page we have this information which everyone signing up for RedWeek has agreed to:

"Your postings may only include text descriptions, graphics, pictures, and other content relevant to the rental or sale of that item. By submitting your content, you agree that you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents and permissions to all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights ("Rights") to your content and any other works that you incorporate into your content. By posting these items on our site, you agree to transfer relevant copyrights to us."

This can be found under "Rentals and Resales - Rules for Both Parties in a Transaction" section 2, paragraph 2. As long as the photos are on your posting page, you have agreed for them to be made available for use on the main resort page.

Please reconsider and allow us to use your photos.

Thank you, Marty

Marty F
Dec 12, 2010

I will gladly submit some pictures but those won't have my personnal info on them for all to see...

Pierre M.
Dec 12, 2010

Marty were is the link to submit pics or can you provide me one?

Pierre M.
Dec 12, 2010

pm59 wrote:
Marty were is the link to submit pics or can you provide me one?

That would be fantastic! Please send photos to support@redweek.com attention Marty. I'll be able to get them from there and add them to the resort.

Thank you SO much!

Marty

Marty F
Dec 14, 2010

pm59 wrote:
You have mail....

Thank you so much for the photos! I'll be adding them shortly to the resort page.

Marty

Marty F
Jul 04, 2012

I am interested in perhaps purchasing and would like to know the specific week s that encompass the low, med and high season at the ocean club

Ellen D.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.