Dec 16, 2010

If your sales rep is Dirk then rest assured you will get answers to your questions. He is able to help out with some issues related to our Montecristo Estates.

Mark

Mark G.

Last edited by markg99 on May 31, 2013 07:07 AM

Dec 16, 2010

I was "Andrewed" but it was just as bad I expect.

Lewis B.
Feb 13, 2011

So...I've been thinking about a Phase II Montecristo - 2 weeks every other year - seemed to be a decent deal, full credit for my Presidential @ PBSB, and upgrading an Executive Suite we also own to a Presidential. Of course I would be interested in hearing any issues/cautions.

Richard B.
Feb 13, 2011

If you are buying from the salespeople at Montecristo Estates you are making a very bad decision. Trust me. you can buy for 50 cents on the dollar, or less, on the secondary market. Buy at your own risk and read ALL of the small print. Get EVERYTHING they offer in writing and make sure it is signed by two authorized people as required by the small print. However, who is to say who is authorized? You are much better off buying a place in the US, that is subject to our laws, and using Montecristo Estates as an enchange property as part of The Registry Collection.

Lewis B.
Oct 17, 2011

Mark. What's up with that? You come to my owners lunch.. You ask for favors.. I help you with finances.. I help you with details ... We get you lined up with several rental brokers... If you're referring to phase 1 issues I think at this time we've resolved those. Sure, there have been delays... But the clubhouse is beautiful, our ipo this winter should get us over a hundred million dollars so we can finish our long delayed golf course and huge infrastructure of our massive four miles of coast, the lighthouse we own, and all the plans mr Coppel has had. Not one plan has been tossed. Yes, i know sales was told numerous times by powers that be, by investors, by many that the project would be further along, but when you think about it, the "big four" certainly had a factor.... Swine flu, recession, drug cartel warnings and recession again. But when you look at it we have survived. We own the land. We are here. Our houses are being completed and mr Coppel is willing to sell ten percent of his company on the Mexican Bolsa for 110 million! All this to finish the property to the highest standards. It's been a battle... And unlike the USA we didn't borrow 28 trillion. We didn't rig out the stock market with credit default swaps with their ridiculous slightly -ponzi scheme ... We didn't have a housing crash.. The USA is the feeder of our business here. When they catch a cold , we sneeze. Its that simple. Our advantage is clearly the baby boomers that are advancing now at nine million per year turning sixties! That should be a hell of a villa buying market. And to end, this is what blows me most away about our country... Yes, mark, our country, USA. It's the freakin' finger pointing arrogance that just never stops. It's the total lack of culpability on anything conveniently wrapped in an arrogant global control. Whether it's America consuming all the drugs yet blaming Mexico for having a drug cartel situation. Whether it's the rigged out mortgage lending system that freely and unregulated handed out money without any due recourse only to have wall street monsters deliver their guaranteed money maker of selling short against the money and investments that their very own clients invested in. And yet, in that entire collapse, while usa companies were failing, while 172 golf country clubs went into foreclosure in the usa, clients expected mr Coppel to just be able to go forward and convince banks to just lend him money... In Mexico!, ... We did damn good, and if it were not for the actual sales of monte Cristo, we would not have been able to accomplish buying all this land on the ocean!! So think about it. Make it a great day. Saludos dirk

Dirk M.
Dec 01, 2011

Hello Dirk,

Am very glad to see a MC rep here with some info. I could not agree more with everything you say. This thread is exactly whats wrong with our country. People make bad decisions, live beyond their means, and then blame somebody else when it goes wrong. We bought in early 2005, and have enjoyed going EVERY single year. the units are spectacular, the service is fantastic, and the views are breathtaking. While I do agree that the salespeople lie too much (I am in sales myself, and this is not the way to do it), people complain too much on here. We're all adults here, and if you didn't know what you were doing when you spent 80k+ on something... Well then you know what they say about a fool and his money. To everybody who is unhappy: stop complaining, stop pointing fingers, own your decision to buy this, and enjoy the view... or not, I dont care, but stop complaining so much you are hurting the resale market.

MC#12

Brandon B.
Dec 04, 2011

Hola amigo dirk, CaboSabe here,

Your message is 100% consistent with everything I have heard and I agree with brandonb52. I need not say more other than Git r dun.

Saludos, George 108 2HApril odd

George S.
Dec 17, 2011

thank you, for your kind comments.. just left a beautiful dinner party from a monte cristo owner who had upgraded and it was delightful.... such an amazing warm feeling of friends celebrating... celebrating surviving cancer... celebrating grandkids... celebrating holidays... celebrating this warm weather, perfect weather, all around... whales in the ocean... have a great holiday season.. what a fantastic investment in LIFE!!! what else to do with your money, mark? 2%? haha come on! its a rigged out stock market and 2% sucks.. live life brother! enjoy yourself! ...

Dirk M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.