Timeshare Exchanges

What check in Day of the week best to use for exhange purposes

Feb 10, 2011

Hi I am getting ready to book something to bank and use for exchange purposes. Is there a day of the week that is best for check in and out purposes. For instance to you have more trading power if it is a Friday to Friday vs. a Sunday to Sunday? I am band new to this stuff. Thanks

Shawn H.
Feb 11, 2011

shawnh70 wrote:
Hi I am getting ready to book something to bank and use for exchange purposes. Is there a day of the week that is best for check in and out purposes. For instance to you have more trading power if it is a Friday to Friday vs. a Sunday to Sunday? I am band new to this stuff. Thanks

I assume you own a floating week if you can choose the check-in/out day, but I would think most people would prefer Fri to Fri or Sat to Sat check in/out. I wouldn't think Sun would be popular as the weekend would have been shot .... I know that we never preferred a Sun check-in/out.

R P.
Feb 11, 2011

I prefer Tues to Tues due to cheaper flights. That's just me.

Kevin J.
Feb 14, 2011

kevinj174 wrote:
I prefer Tues to Tues due to cheaper flights. That's just me.
You will find few (if any) timeshare facilities on Planet Earth where the defined weeks are "Tuesday to Tuesday". The vast majority are Saturday to Saturday, some are Friday to Friday, fewer still (e.g., some Hyatt weeks) are Sunday to Sunday. I am unaware of ANY other week structure in the timeshare world. If other options exist at all, they are very rare indeed.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 14, 2011 05:11 AM

Feb 14, 2011

Ken our resort has always had Friday,Sat and Sunday checkin. Many resorts still have these options because families do have more choices and the larger resorts could in no way check all the units in and out on two days a week.

Many retired people perfer Sundays to miss the larger line at checkin and for many area's Sundays make for a easier drive.

PHILL12

Phil L.
Feb 14, 2011

phill12 wrote:
Ken our resort has always had Friday, Sat and Sunday checkin. Many resorts still have these options because families do have more choices and the larger resorts could in no way check all the units in and out on two days a week.

Many retired people perfer Sundays to miss the larger line at checkin and for many area's Sundays make for a easier drive.

PHILL12

Good points, Phil. Now that you mention it, one facility at which I own a single week also has "staggered" (Fri, Sat, Sun) check-in days such as you have described, for the very reasons you have stated. I think the check-in days differ among each of (three) individual buildings on site in my case.

I think we'd agree that there are no "Tuesday to Tuesday" check-ins, as mentioned previously above by kevinj174 (certainly not anywhere to my knowledge anyhow).

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Feb 14, 2011 05:27 PM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.