Timeshare Exchanges

Upgrade cost for exchanging same size units

Feb 16, 2011

I recently went to Trading Places to trade a 1 bdrm unit, in a 5 star resort in Purtea Vallarta, mx for a 1 bdr unit in Park Cities, Utah, with a 1 Bdr, that slept 6 versus my unit that sleeps 4, they wanted to charge me an addtinal $ 100.00 for this unit.Has anyone had any dealing like this and if so what was the result? I have traded through Interval and never had an issue and have upgrade to 2 bdrm for no addtional charges. __________________________________________________ ugg boots uggs

Elvis T.

Last edited by elvist2 on Feb 18, 2011 12:24 AM

Feb 16, 2011

elvist2 wrote:
I recently went to Trading Places to trade a 1 bdrm unit, in a 5 star resort in Purtea Vallarta, mx for a 1 bdr unit in Park Cities, Utah, with a 1 Bdr, that slept 6 versus my unit that sleeps 4, they wanted to charge me an addtinal $ 100.00 for this unit.Has anyone had any dealing like this and if so what was the result? I have traded through Interval and never had an issue and have upgrade to 2 bdrm for no addtional charges.

Interval International has (and implements) a "like for like" policy. In short, If you somehow got a 2BR unit with a 1BR deposit without paying any fee to upgrade, then it was likely either a mistake from which you were just fortunate to benefit, or you traded into a facility that ONLY has 2BR units in the first place.

KC

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.