The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Jul 25, 2018

Sid F - I sent an email to Mr Zimmerman today on your behalf. I'm sure he will be in touch. (his email is JMZ@zimLLP.com).

Sue O.
Jul 25, 2018

Per lawyer, you should VOTE the proxy yourself, but should also give them the PROXY (in format that I gave the other day/notarized).....to use at the meeting. I would copy your vote sheet and send to Mr Zimmerman as well so he knows how you voted and for whom.

Sue O.
Jul 26, 2018

Hey all, not sure where to post this data. I spoke to TMC today and learned of something called the "Deeds Back Wait List." This list is for individuals who want out of their deed without any new losses. The TMC is waiting for authorization to TAKE BACK deeds for free. Yeah, we - the owner loose everything and the TMC gains a new deed to resell - FOR FREE. However, the future thousands and thousands of annual fees we... and possibly from our heirs, will be responsible for is gone! If you are interested, call TMC and ask to be put on the Deeds Back Wait List.

Robert R.
Jul 26, 2018

someone will get screwed by this "deed waitlist..........."and rest assured, it won't be eicher. sure, he'll probably let owners out, but as was noted, he (or whoever takes over) will have more inventory weeks to sell..................thereby screwing owners our of their initial purchase investment. TRUST NOT THE DEVIL'S DISCIPLE, or for that matter, THE DEVIL HIMSELF.

Chris V.
Jul 26, 2018

If you keep it and pay the fees ,you are screwed every year, but if you give it back you only get screwed once, its over

Howard B.
Jul 27, 2018

Great option. Well said Howard.This is what I've been waiting for.

Gerard S.
Jul 27, 2018

It is probably the result of the lawsuit .They want to minimize expenses

Yehuda H.
Jul 27, 2018

To whom exactly is it being given back? If you are current, they are reducing income of the Association; if you are in arrears, the Association is already not receiving your maintenance fees and writing off an asset Beware of first time posters with “great news”

Nathan Z.

Last edited by nathanz2 on Jul 27, 2018 04:39 AM

Jul 27, 2018

TMC has had a give back list for a few years..They used to take back timeshares and pay $1000. Slowly that amount of payment to an owner decreased. Then they stopped taking them back after the investigation commenced and created this take back list. I gave back one in 2014 and the paperwork was in the works when the investigation was initiated. TMC was required to stop all transactions and sales. I have yet to see final paperwork or the $100 they promised me. I contacted Lynne O'Donnell after the settlement was announced to ask when I would see the final papers and she said in due time as they work through the settlement. She sounded less certain about the $100. I haven't had to pay fees since then.

Dks
Jul 27, 2018

Just received a "no news" from Lynne O'Donnell about giving back the unit so dont count on it!!

Yehuda H.
Jul 27, 2018

I wrote an e-mail to Mr. Zimmerman months ago and he never responded. I wanted to know if we could be part of the lawsuit since we purchased a re-sale at a price far below what TMC had quoted us. We had gone to their presentation (lie fest), purchased a unit, but changed our mind within 24 hours and ended the agreement. We then went home and purchased a unit from a couple in South America. It was all done through lawyers and TMC signed off on it. My question was, could we be part of the lawsuit since we, in essence, sought out the purchase.

Enid D.
Jul 30, 2018

TMC shares are of many varieties. A flex-week-share is split with (4) even-nights & (3) odd-nights, into 2 different consecutive years. DOES THIS OWNER GET ONE VOTE OR 1/2 OF A VOTE EACH DIFFERENT YEAR?

L C.
Jul 30, 2018

It gets more complex than that.I have a "Flextime" split over 3 years (2/2/3). This is where this whole thing went wrong.These were aggressively oversold. They may have even went into 4 year "Flextime". Nobody in their right mind would buy this today & forget about any charity accepting that as a donation.

Gerard S.
Jul 30, 2018

Yes I understand, "It gets more complex than that." I was using a simplified example. My conundrum is; I own 2 shares. One is (4/3) split over 2 years & the other a (3/4) split over two years.

That is 2 contracts, making 1 whole week per year. So, Do I get 2 votes (for my 2 contracts) or 1 vote (for my 1 week's time/each yr.)?

L C.
Jul 30, 2018

Voting...Next question: I have not received candidate profiles in a long time. I know Robert Tucker is new, who are the other NON-sponsored candidates?

L C.
Jul 31, 2018

I called the Manhattan Club and requested a proxy be emailed to me - it was and it contained info. about the candidates. Try that. I still would like some feedback on whether I should give the new attorney my blank proxy that would also allow him to vote for the 3 candidates ( Tucker being a definite vote that I will instruct him on) . The new attorney is planning to attend the meeting, correct? Does he want the proxy that allows him to make all decisions including the votes for the Board members? I don't want my 2 votes to be thrown out on some technicality. How are you other owners handling this if you're not planning to attend the meeting? Or should we just give our blank proxy to Mr. Tucker?

Gail J.
Jul 31, 2018

Vote the way you need to first and send to him how you voted. But get a proxy to Zimmerman (notarized) to him anyway. He can use as needed for anything that might come up during meeting.

Sue O.
Jul 31, 2018

Thank you tulipblossom. Did & done. Fyi - After reading the details of voting (and of the nominees), It says voting via email, my votes would be made by proxy of "Stuart Eichner and/or Joshua Wirshba". I found that interesting and thus voted via phone. Next Interesting, the "VoteNow" email automatically updated, showing my phoned in choices. I can only surmise this indicates that Eichner has proxy control either way.

L C.
Jul 31, 2018

lc - my thoughts too - I also saw that there's an Eichner still involved and when you read through the hoopla, it appears that basically we are giving him our proxy. So, I'm hoping that Chris or someone on our site here will send me their email address so that I can forward some info. I received earlier tonight from the M. Club Board. I'd like for several to review what is revealed and advise how we should pursue a course that would preclude Eichner from controlling our proxies. If you'll send me your email address, I'll also forward tonight's email to you. My email address is: GAILEILEENJORDAN@AOL.com.

Gail J.
Aug 01, 2018

Has anyone received the e-mail today about the Manhattan club being sold. It came from the Manhattan Club today and it was sold to Bluegreen Vacations corporation.

Charles M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.