The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Sep 13, 2018

How can this be? Most refusals where handled via phone so there is no "written" record.

Chuck N.
Sep 13, 2018

How do you contact Zimmerman group?

Ron R.
Sep 13, 2018

SellMyTimeshareNOW, 1-877-815-4227..................fuggetaboutit!!!

yehudah wrote:
SellMyTimeshareNOW, 1-877-815-4227

Chris V.
Sep 13, 2018

I'm sure many owners who weren't able to book rooms sometimes, caved & booked less desirable nights, occasionally not even able to get use that night, or traded nights to an exchange co., which may or may not have been used later elsewhere by adding additional $$'s, trying not to totally throw them away. etc. etc. None of these are recorded. I can go on with more scenarios, but there one point. All of these scenarios were lost days! And few to none were recorded! If Better Business is the supposed distributor of the AG's 6.5 mill. to owners, there is zero way for BB to distribute the first 50% by the unavailable reservations criteria.

Has anyone even heard from a claims administrator, to inquire if You (OR ME) was ever in these situations? If not how could they possibly adjudicate claims, as they've never requested any specifics from individuals except one general questionnaire years ago?????

L C.
Sep 14, 2018

Lc121. You are so right and that’s why Mr Zimmerman has good chance to bring all of this back up in NY courts. They do not deserve to get away with this. It’s not right. Please everyone if you can - join us - let’s fight for our rights and change this fraudulous timeshare industry!

Sue O.
Sep 14, 2018

mr zimmerman's prediction of..................... POSSIBLE.................... JAIL TIME FOR EICHNER AND/OR OF OWNERS RETRIEVING THEIR ORIGINAL PURCHASE PRICE OR GETTING MAINTENANCE FEES REDUCED TO AFFORDABLE AND REASONABLE LEVELS, would be incredibly good reasons to pay mr zimmerman's fee and become part of his lawsuit.

ok, ok, i realize that lawsuit outcomes are unpredictable. but with REASONABLE possibilities and predictions of the end-results, WITHOUT PROMISING THE WORLD, JEAN MARC ZIMMERMAN COULD POSSIBLY INCREASE HIS TMC OWNERS CLIENT BASE FOR HIS CASE. i have yet to join, taking a wait-and -see stance. i'm leaning more toward joining than not.

realistically, establishing this lawsuit is a crapshoot (as are many other legal proceedings). all that can be expected at this time, for zimmerman and all of his clients, is that they hope for and achieve the most advantageous outcome. who knows how long that will take?............a crapshoot indeed.

eric schneiderman presented a wonderful and totally plausible and undeniable case of eichner's commission of fraud, both in the infamous second-floor sales office and eichner's using the u s mail to advertise the availability of the sale of this metropolitan gem, TMC. little did we purchasers realize the fires of hades we were getting into. sales fraud is a criminal offense. using the u s mail to promote a fraudulent enterprise is both a criminal and federal offense. eichner is still out of jail, freely continuing to build his real estate empire. zimmerman must use all of the groundwork that schneiderman established as his starting point. although schneiderman did such a poor job of litigation. he still formed the foundation on which zimmerman can build his case. WILL HE DO THAT?

sueo79 wrote:
Lc121. You are so right and that’s why Mr Zimmerman has good chance to bring all of this back up in NY courts. They do not deserve to get away with this. It’s not right. Please everyone if you can - join us - let’s fight for our rights and change this fraudulous timeshare industry!

Chris V.
Sep 14, 2018

hello Q, your concern, "Has anyone even heard from a claims administrator, to inquire if You (OR ME) was ever in these situations? If not how could they possibly adjudicate claims, as they've never requested any specifics from individuals except one general questionnaire years ago?????" ...................this is a totally valid question for those of us who were screwed out of our usage/ reservation time at TMC. eric schneiderman, the new york state attorney general (who established the case against eichner, et al) did an incredibly poor job as an attorney by accepting the ridiculous SETTLEMENT against the defendant, eichner and his cohorts at TMC. we are currently left with $6.5 million (eichner's settlement fine) to distribute among 14 to 18 thousand owners. do the math.

you leave out a very important aftermath of this poor settlement: the maintenance fees are where they were before the conclusion of schneiderman's case........exorbitantly high and out of whack and, to some owners, out of their financial range. the original promise by eichner's sales personnel was that maintenance fees "would rise VERY SLIGHTLY as time goes on".................a 400% rise in maintenance fees would hardly be considered slight.

REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE

lc121 wrote:
I'm sure many owners who weren't able to book rooms sometimes, caved & booked less desirable nights, occasionally not even able to get use that night, or traded nights to an exchange co., which may or may not have been used later elsewhere by adding additional $$'s, trying not to totally throw them away. etc. etc. None of these are recorded. I can go on with more scenarios, but there one point. All of these scenarios were lost days! And few to none were recorded! If Better Business is the supposed distributor of the AG's 6.5 mill. to owners, there is zero way for BB to distribute the first 50% by the unavailable reservations criteria.

Has anyone even heard from a claims administrator, to inquire if You (OR ME) was ever in these situations? If not how could they possibly adjudicate claims, as they've never requested any specifics from individuals except one general questionnaire years ago?????

Chris V.
Sep 14, 2018

Thank you. I am one of those owners who booked time I could neither use nor was successful selling on redweek....or, occasionally sold at a very significant loss. But I did it rather than allow that crook to sell the nights on open market. I moved to Manhattan 10 months after I purchased. The first few years were good. I was able to book 2 rooms for 3 nights it 3 rooms for 2 nights and treat my family. That ended with no official notice. Just nasty operator informing me I had to book 7 consecutive nights one year in ADVANCE.

Nada N.
Sep 14, 2018

Paulag- There are so many different types of contracts, that I cannot know why they ended your multiple room bookings. I've done the same several times (treating my whole family) and have seen others also do the same. You should probably try again.

L C.
Sep 14, 2018

I suggest you help make this case better for Zimmerman by joining NOW! The more clients he has to defend the better chance he has of making a mark.

Jim M.
Sep 14, 2018

@sueo79: When Mr.Zimmerman is planning to launch the individual cases? There is no guarantee December 12 will conclude the current case.

Fibo N.
Sep 15, 2018

Has anyone tried calling/emailing BBB of NY to see if the ‘rumor’ is true (that they are the claims admin)?

Dennis C.
Sep 15, 2018

I finished my paperwork for him today and it and my check will be going out in the mail on Monday - I'm in an area that had been evacuated by our Governor "Henny Penny" McMaster! He just lifted the evacuation order effective today so we've had no mail service for 5 days.

Sure wish Mr. Zimmerman would get Stormy Daniels' attorney to co counsel with him!!!

Gail J.
Sep 16, 2018

I contacted the company named to sell my timeshare and they said they could not do it. They offered me another person who wanted a sizable downpayment to proceed and of course I refused.

Laura L.
Sep 16, 2018

i believe all of the SELL YOUR/MY TIMESHARE COMPANIES ARE SHOT-IN -THE-DARK OPERATIONS. SOME OUTRIGHT LIE, OTHERS, AT BEST, SLIGHTLY BORDER ON HALF-TRUTHS. YOU'RE PAYING, USUALLY UPFRONT, FOR AN UNPREDICTABLE OUTCOME...................THAT OF SELLING YOUR TIMESHARE WHILE YOU PAY, USUALLY BEFORE THE FACT FOR THEM TO DO SO.

laural527 wrote:
I contacted the company named to sell my timeshare and they said they could not do it. They offered me another person who wanted a sizable downpayment to proceed and of course I refused.

Chris V.
Sep 16, 2018

laural.............. you did the right thing.................and you didn't get ripped off.

be ultra cautious. about 2-3 years ago i trusted a real estate agent IN ORLANDO (be really aware of business in this area) by depositing $1,000 UP-FRONT TO SELL MY TIMESHARE...TMC

GUESS WHAT? THE R/E AGENT DISAPPEARED FROM THE FACE OF THE EARTH.........................WITH MY $1000,

COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS FOR BEING INSIGHTFUL ENOUGH NOT TO GIVE AWAY YOUR MONEY.

chrisv126 wrote:
i believe all of the SELL YOUR/MY TIMESHARE COMPANIES ARE SHOT-IN -THE-DARK OPERATIONS. SOME OUTRIGHT LIE, OTHERS, AT BEST, SLIGHTLY BORDER ON HALF-TRUTHS. YOU'RE PAYING, USUALLY UPFRONT, FOR AN UNPREDICTABLE OUTCOME...................THAT OF SELLING YOUR TIMESHARE WHILE YOU PAY, USUALLY BEFORE THE FACT FOR THEM TO DO SO.

laural527 wrote:

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Sep 16, 2018 04:46 PM

Sep 16, 2018

This research is from a TMC Owner Seth Nock

I checked on Seth Nock ACRIS records. He was a buyer, a TMC owner, and a seller in 2003-2007. Buying under " Seth Nock" name and selling under "Seth Nock H'" name which was his 'company's' name. In Real Estate it's called FLIPPING the property.

Irene Smalls

Irene S.
Sep 16, 2018

Seth Nock sethnock@hotmail.com [manhattanclubowners] manhattanclubowners@yahoogroups.comHide To manhattanclubowners manhattanclubowners@yahoogroups.com I will not be taking anything. I will be assisting owners in getting rid of it. I am not saying to pay the fees, I am saying that if I can put this deal together, fees will need to be current at closing.

I cannot promise that it will go through. I can promise that this is the ONLY option that I know of and that anyone who wants out will be no worse taking this option versus doing nothing as I don't know of a better option.

I have NO affiliation with the Manhattan Club. If you are using the property and enjoying it, continue to do so. For years people have been posting on this thread that they have been paying the fees and been unable to use the property and have been afraid to walk away. Those are the people who I am trying to assist.

In the Timeshare Industry there is a phrase "sunk money". This phrase refers to the fact that since people have paid a sizable fee for the product, they will continue to pay additional fees in the hopes to get their initial investment back. The typical owner who wants to get rid of there property has paid atleast 2 "marketing companies" to "advertise" there property, paying up to $3,000 to each of the "marketing companies" and then a percentage of those will pay a "relief company" up to 7 times the maintenance fee to "take" their properties. Once they pay these relief companies, many of these properties end up in "viking ships". Viking ships are companies that have been created for the sole purpose of deeding properties into with no intention of paying the maintenance fees. The sole purpose is to have the developer foreclose on the property with the relief company taking the money from the owner to get rid of the property. There have been laws passed in numerous states to make these "viking ships" illegal.

I am trying to give owners an option. I don't care if you use it or continue to use your properties. I just want to help owners from getting scammed by the marketing and the relief companies.

fyi, Irene Smalls

Irene S.
Sep 17, 2018

So here's what I did with Marci Stewart. She made a ridiculous offer for our timeshare, 3 times more than she could have paid through Redweek. She said that she would be using First American Title. Over a week ago, she asked for our names and address so that she could put up $500 earnest money. I told her to have First American to contact us via email and we would give them our personal information. We haven't heard a thing from her since. Can you say "Scammer!"

Joe U.
Sep 17, 2018

hello joeu26 1. if marci's offer SEEMS ridiculous.......then IT IS! have you googled marci or the company she represents? 2. what in hell is first american title? GOOGLE IT! 3. IF first americanl title is a viable company (having proven itself.........at least on google) have them send you a notarized statement of their receipt of marci's so-called "earnest money." (also, find out if the notary's or even marci's credentials are verifiable). 4. "We haven't heard a thing from her since. Can you say "Scammer! " " marci hasn't been heard of since because she probably realized that you suspect that she's indeed a SCAMMER. we TMC owners should know a scammer when we see one. yada, yada, yada. 5. if you even THINK there's a scam possiblity here, THEN THERE IS. after the TMC debacle, my business MODUS OPERANDI is TRUST NO ONE, even the family matriarch or patriarch. 6. let's continue healing the wounds of the eichner/tmc scorching before we accept another seemingly MANNA FROM HEAVEN scheme.

i guess you're asking, 'WHO CAN YOU TRUST?" my answer is to seek extraterrestrial guidance before answering............and even then, you're taking a chance.

AM I A PESSIMEST? ABSOLUTELY.

joeu26 wrote:
So here's what I did with Marci Stewart. She made a ridiculous offer for our timeshare, 3 times more than she could have paid through Redweek. She said that she would be using First American Title. Over a week ago, she asked for our names and address so that she could put up $500 earnest money. I told her to have First American to contact us via email and we would give them our personal information. We haven't heard a thing from her since. Can you say "Scammer!"

Chris V.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.