The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Sep 17, 2018

In regard to Seth Nock, I bought my week in TMC directly from him in 2009 approximately, paying a reasonable price in cash. I found him to be very professional and he followed through on everything.

I have enjoyed my ownership in spite of having tp compromise on availability. My complaint is the outrageous annual fees....and often having to wait hours in the lobby with dozens of non-owners to get a room assignment. And the Owners Lounge is also filled with non-owners. My situation may be unique because I live in California with a long flight to NYC.

br

Betty L.
Sep 18, 2018

hi bettyl171,

" My complaint is the outrageous annual fees"......that's exactly the crux of my complaint. luckily i live on long island, ny, and we can take a day or 2 per month as a nice respite in nyc , usually from june through nov-dec. but, i recall distinctly, the TMC sales scammer specifically said that a "slight increase in maintenance fees should be expected from time to time>" is a 400% increase slight? not by any standards! that's fraud, a crime pure and simple and literally confesssed to by eichner. the new york state attorney general (at the time), eric schneiderman, did a preposterously horrendous job of litigation concerning his case against TMC/EICHNER, and left us holding a big bag of poop.........a settlement indeed!! we should have benefitted financially, and eichner and cohorts should be in jail.

Chris V.
Sep 22, 2018

I received a check for $750 today from The Better Business Bureau Of Metropolitan New York. It was accompanied by a letter from the Attorney General ‘s office explaining that it was a first restitution payment from the settlement with the Manhattan Club for unused nights for the period of 2011 through 2014.

Tom

Thomas L.
Sep 22, 2018

Has anyone received a check from the Attorney Generals office State of NY as part of the restitution settlement yet? I got one today for the time period 2011 to 2014 for time not used. Says this is the first restitution as a result of the settlement. Never knew anything was coming.

Charles M.
Sep 22, 2018

Yes, I got a check today for nights I didn’t use 2011-2014. I have a split week studio, $423.52. I didn’t know anything about it either. It says “first restitution payment”.... is there more??

Donna K.
Sep 22, 2018

dprmaler wrote:
Has anyone received a check from the Attorney Generals office State of NY as part of the restitution settlement yet? I got one today for the time period 2011 to 2014 for time not used. Says this is the first restitution as a result of the settlement. Never knew anything was coming.

I received a whopping $53 ...my mother owned the time share then, so she must have had some missed time. I trust that the next phase of the restitution will yield more $$...that is the phase that is supposed to reimburse us for the escalated fees we have paid...the next phase will end in August 2019.

Dks
Sep 22, 2018

I also received a check for $370.58 from the Better Business Bureau of Metro New York - not sure how they came to determine the amount or how many nights I was unable to use. I purchased a Jr 1 BR Platinum in 2001.

Deborah S.
Sep 22, 2018

Does anyone know how they came up with the list of people entitled to receive checks? Did all who have commented here about receiving a check have discussions with the Attorney General's office?

Gail J.
Sep 22, 2018

tulipblossom wrote:
Does anyone know how they came up with the list of people entitled to receive checks? Did all who have commented here about receiving a check have discussions with the Attorney General's office?

no, the check just showed up....I sent letters etc. before the AG busted TMC cronies and I, like everyone else, have been waiting to see what the settlement yielded. I also sent letters to the AG and Judges during the investigation. The list of people entitled are those who remained in good standing with their fees according to the settlement terms which you can read on the AG site.

Dks
Sep 22, 2018

Yes, I received a $ 52.94 check today from the NY Office of the Attorney General for the nights I did not use in the period 2011 through 2014. Frank

Francis M.
Sep 23, 2018

Wow! So if I paid the $7500 of fees I didn't pay I'd get $300? Hell of a deal! Way to go AG!

Bruce G.
Sep 23, 2018

We also received a check. We have paid our fees each year and were unable to get reservations for 4 days during time period that was noted. Hopefully, more is coming for exorbitantly high fees that were paid. It’s a start and good to know something is finally happening.

Cookie L.
Sep 23, 2018

We never had discussion with AG’s office.

Cookie L.
Sep 23, 2018

cookiel7,

your quote and my primary sentiments: " Hopefully, more is coming for exorbitantly high fees that were paid. It’s a start and good to know something is finally happening." i empathize with those owners who lost reservation days. they're suffering a double financial screwing. i haven't lost as many days as some, but i primarily want reimbursement for the thousands of dollars of piled-up EXORBITANT maintenance fees that have accumulated over the years of ownership.

Chris V.
Sep 23, 2018

hello again, cookl17:

don't hold your breath expecting any kind of meaningful discussion with the ag's office. FOA, schneiderman is gone (no loss!). the new ag has made other issues priorities on the legal agenda. TMC is most likely not high on the priority list, although eichner and his crew have been proven to have committed literal local and federal crimes that demand jail time and mega restitution requirements. this was glossed over by the former ag who decided to take the so-called SETTLEMENT and run. hey, he "won" the case, right? cuomo gave him another feather for his cap for doing so................and left most of the 14 to 18 thousand TMC owners with financial burdens...........the reason why many are willing to GIVE AWAY their TMC ownership.............only to let the new management team, supposedly bluegreen, have more suite inventory to sell. good business practice for bluegreen, don't you think?

cookiel7 wrote:
We never had discussion with AG’s office.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Sep 23, 2018 02:05 PM

Sep 24, 2018

Only said never spoke to AGs office because someone asked as we got a piddle of a check from TMC. We have, with the exception of a few nights been able to use our time but not when we preferred to and also much advanced planning. The fees are also outrageous so hoping they will be lowered and we will get a rebate back for overpayment but not holding our breaths. We don’t want to give it back for nothing so it can be sold again for a profit that we, not whomever takes it over, benefit. I am sure thats what they are hoping everyone will do just to get out from under.

Cookie L.
Sep 24, 2018

I did send a letter to the AG and also sent copies of all timeshare documents I had. Not sure if that had anything to do with it - I do not think I had any specific documentation of the times that I was told TMC was unavailable, but I could book online with another site.

Deborah S.
Sep 24, 2018

Neither did I the check just showed up. It was for $264.54 and how that arrived at that figure I'll never know.

Charles M.
Sep 24, 2018

I was shocked today to receive a "Manhattan Club Restitution Payment” from the Better Business Bureau of Metropolitan New York, in the amount of $350.78, together with a letter from the Office of the Attorney General informing me that the payment was my “share of the settlement with The Manhattan Club…”

Note that there is absolutely no explanation or documentation to support how this payment was calculated. I have read that other owners are now posting the fact that payments are being received in widely ranging amounts, from $50 to over $500 with no explanation that can be used to verify the accuracy of the payment.

I also received a voice message today from TMC representative, Lynne O’Donnell, asking me to call her to discuss surrendering my units back to them. So they are now trying to take advantage of us defrauded owners who are just anxious to bring this fiasco to an end. They are trying to take back timeshares for NOTHING, which we paid tens of thousands of dollars for. Once they have re-built the inventory at $0 cost for the benefit of acquirer Blue Green, they can resell our units to new unsuspecting victims, screwing us yet again.

If you have had enough of this madness like I have, I urge all cheated owners to contact Jean-Marc Zimmerman at jmz@tmcsuit.com and ask him to represent you in our action against TMC.

Bob Biello

Robert B.
Sep 24, 2018

hi bob,

"If you have had enough of this madness like I have, I urge all cheated owners to contact Jean-Marc Zimmerman at jmz@tmcsuit.com and ask him to represent you in our action against TMC." i agree with you! however, to be totally above-board, i've also had enough of this madness, and am concerned about the wisdom of shelling out another $1,250 +/- to an attorney who i don't know. i don't doubt that he wants to win a case he tries, but there's obviously no guarantees regarding the court decisions for or against defense or plaintiff. i feel like part of a hung jury (pun somewhat intended!)

if you can offer some very convincing reasons why we should go forward with zimmerman, please pass them along to me and all other TMC-CHEATED-SCAMMED-DEFRAUDED OWNERS who share my thoughts about this. by the way, i received a "restitution" check from the bbb of metro ny in the amount of $57.00. one nyc dinner (without drinks!) will blow that away very quickly. i expected a check to compensate us all for the exorbitantly ridiculous maintenance fees. not sure how they'd figure that one out!

pls keep in touch.

chris

robertb1802 wrote:
I was shocked today to receive a "Manhattan Club Restitution Payment” from the Better Business Bureau of Metropolitan New York, in the amount of $350.78, together with a letter from the Office of the Attorney General informing me that the payment was my “share of the settlement with The Manhattan Club…”

Note that there is absolutely no explanation or documentation to support how this payment was calculated. I have read that other owners are now posting the fact that payments are being received in widely ranging amounts, from $50 to over $500 with no explanation that can be used to verify the accuracy of the payment.

I also received a voice message today from TMC representative, Lynne O’Donnell, asking me to call her to discuss surrendering my units back to them. So they are now trying to take advantage of us defrauded owners who are just anxious to bring this fiasco to an end. They are trying to take back timeshares for NOTHING, which we paid tens of thousands of dollars for. Once they have re-built the inventory at $0 cost for the benefit of acquirer Blue Green, they can resell our units to new unsuspecting victims, screwing us yet again.

If you have had enough of this madness like I have, I urge all cheated owners to contact Jean-Marc Zimmerman at jmz@tmcsuit.com and ask him to represent you in our action against TMC.

Bob Biello

Chris V.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.