The Manhattan Club

Manhattan Club Lawsuit

Dec 09, 2018

Rosanne I will let him know.

Sue O.
Dec 09, 2018

Absolutely! Irene’s potential win helps everyone of us owners. Gook luck Irene!

Becky F
Dec 10, 2018

Has anyone taken the $100 option? If so, what is the status? Thanks

Paul D.
Dec 10, 2018

We are also timeshare owners. We would like to ask if you are all still paying the maintenance fee. Our bill just came in today and we do not want to pay it anymore. What is the repercussion if we do not pay it? We also want to join the lawsuit specially if it will help us get out of this timeshare. Our email address is winslee@aol.com

Maria U.
Dec 10, 2018

hello maria u, personally, i have no idea of the repercussions of not paying TMC maintenance. there seems to be a preponderance of ideas concerning various penalties, e.g., credit report damage, foreclosure,...............name it. like you, i would appreciate a definitive answer to your question: "What is the repercussion if we do not pay it?" if there is someone in this TMC forum that has a proven and reliable answer to your question, please inform all of us TMC shareowners.

chris

mariau25 wrote:
We are also timeshare owners. We would like to ask if you are all still paying the maintenance fee. Our bill just came in today and we do not want to pay it anymore. What is the repercussion if we do not pay it? We also want to join the lawsuit specially if it will help us get out of this timeshare. Our email address is winslee@aol.com

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Dec 10, 2018 07:02 PM

Dec 11, 2018

hi,

did a bit of research into credit scores being affected by non-payment of maintenance fees:

copy and paste the following:

info seems very general and individualized, but worthy of noting.

ttps://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/how-will-timeshare-foreclosure-affect-my-credit-score.html

chris

Chris V.
Dec 11, 2018

pauld220 wrote:

I sold mine for $100 in June of 2014.....I signed the papers...then the investigation happened and all transactions were put on hold. I still haven't seen the papers or the $100.

Dks
Dec 11, 2018

so, deborahs528, it appears that the TMC management under the clandestine, and still overlord of it all, is continuing to perpetuate its old tricks..... another issue to report to the FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION. note my earlier redweek.com post. it can't hurt to alert this US government consumer protection agency to this continuing TMC criminal fraud. it's as bad, if not worse, than any ponzi scheme, especially since it involves over 14,000 purchasers who continue to be financially (and otherwise) hurt and distressed. the more complaints received from TMC owners, the more likely the FTC will take notice and act for TMC shareowners' benefit. it certainly is worth 10-15 minutes of your time to file your complaints to the FTC online.

also, consider contacting me to join THE COALITION OF FINANCIALLY DISTRESSED TMC OWNERS. there's no fee involved. also consider joining attorney zimmerman's possible lawsuit which is being prepared. neither of these efforts can guarantee positive results, but EFFORT is the operative word. both entities are trying and are being proactive to achieve the justice we deserve from the TMC scam. COPY AND PASTE THE FTC SITE (BELOW) TO YOUR ADDRESS BAR, AND YOU'RE GOOD TO GO FROM THERE:

https://www.ftc.gov/................................FOR THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION

cfox863@gmail.com.....................for the COALITION

chris

deborahs528 wrote:
pauld220 wrote:

I sold mine for $100 in June of 2014.....I signed the papers...then the investigation happened and all transactions were put on hold. I still haven't seen the papers or the $100.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Dec 11, 2018 12:01 PM

Dec 11, 2018

pauld220 wrote:

We have requested the papers around November 9, but so far nothing has arrived in the mail.

Sharon L.
Dec 11, 2018

tmc is not to be trusted. bluegreen seems to be on the same page as eichner. nov 9??? time will tell; no response in over one month........what is TIME telling you?

consider becoming proactive in your own behalf (which would include fellow owners). join the COALITION; join zimmerman's possible lawsuit. DO SOMETHING!

chris

sharon177 wrote:
pauld220 wrote:

We have requested the papers around November 9, but so far nothing has arrived in the mail.

Chris V.
Dec 11, 2018

Please advise. Same story as many. Started my contract with the MC with a $680 maintenance fee for two years..... 3 days one year, 4 the next. Just received a bill for $2900 with a warning that if not paid by due date, it would go up to $3300. I have paid religiously up to this point. I'm done. What should I do? Do I have any leverage at all?? If I don't pay?? What an evil and disheartening situation The Manhattan Club has put us to process. Again, I'm feeling there is absolutely nothing I can do

Philip P.
Dec 11, 2018

hello phillipp48,

THERE IS SOMETHING YOU CAN DO: BECOME PROACTIVE, BENEFITTING YOURSELF AND YOUR FELLOW DEFRAUDED TMC OWNERS. your several questions have many thought-to-be well-meaning answers. the truth is, THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO DEFINITIVE ANSWERS TO ANY OF YOUR QUESTIONS (and you're not alone.)

"I'm feeling there is absolutely nothing I can do." solving the issues you cite can't be done WITHOUT YOU. you must act proactively using the available tools and means as follows.

join THE COALITION OF FINANCIALLY DISTRESSED TMC OWNERS. see our mission statement after page 200 in this forum. email me for details at cfox863@gmail.com. there is no fee for this.

join attorney zimmerman's future lawsuit. details are in this forum, again in the 200's pages.

do both: join the COALITION and the lawsuit. there is a possibility that COALITION participants will join mr zimmerman, if and when it seems appropriate to do so.

send your detailed complaints to the FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION, a national consumer protection agency. copy and paste the following to your address bar:

https://www.ftc.gov

i believe the more of us who complain to the FTC, the better our chances will be for them to act positively in TMC owners' benefit.

none of the above actions guarantee positive outcomes, but we don't know that definitely unless we give them a try.

keep in touch'

chris

philipp48 wrote:
Please advise. Same story as many. Started my contract with the MC with a $680 maintenance fee for two years..... 3 days one year, 4 the next. Just received a bill for $2900 with a warning that if not paid by due date, it would go up to $3300. I have paid religiously up to this point. I'm done. What should I do? Do I have any leverage at all?? If I don't pay?? What an evil and disheartening situation The Manhattan Club has put us to process. Again, I'm feeling there is absolutely nothing I can do

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Dec 11, 2018 04:05 PM

Dec 11, 2018

Hi Alex, Yes I am interested in knowing more about the details of the class action suit and what is expected of MC owners. I have owned a timeshare at the MC for many years.

Wayne G.
Dec 11, 2018

Stop paying. We all need to stop. Do not pay anything else. Join the rest of us in the lawsuit.

Sue O.
Dec 12, 2018

sueo79,

your advice is welcomed; however, you do not indicate the results of not paying maintenance, e.g., effects on credit rating, possible foreclosure. owners need to be aware of the consequences of your advice. please inform us further. thanks.

chris

sueo79 wrote:
Stop paying. We all need to stop. Do not pay anything else. Join the rest of us in the lawsuit.

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Dec 13, 2018 12:55 PM

Dec 12, 2018

Sue - your advice is not going to help anyone. There are many who have continued to pay their maintenance fees as it was not the timeshare purchasers/owners who committed fraud yet they will be hurt when purchasers cease paying their maintenance fees. There is a legal proposition that to achieve justice, you must come with "clean hands" and when you decide you aren't going to pay something that you have legally contracted to do, you certainly do not have clean hands. An example - you buy a house and get a mortgage from a bank, but then you discover that the house you bought is not what it was represented to be ( maybe there's a mold issue), you can't just stop paying your mortgage because the seller defrauded you by saying the house was in perfect shape. We are all disgruntled and feel deceived but I think it is wrong to suddenly stop paying your assessments. The association has bills to pay and certainly those fees should not be going to the developer (Eichner) who defrauded you - it wasn't the Association of owners who committed the fraud. Your actions would only hurt other timeshare owners and certainly prevent all of us from ever seeing any value above zero for our weeks. Of course, you should do what you feel is right for you. I continue to pay my maintenance fees for 2 penthouse weeks and I also paid to become part of the Zimmerman suit And Chris is correct - you do need to consider your credit rating and other adverse consequences if you suddenly stop paying your maintenance fees.

Gail J.
Dec 12, 2018

Slightly off topic but related: I have a company ready to take my timeshare. Of course I have to pay a fee but it’s legitimate. The crazy part is on top of the fees to transfer the title and on top of having to pay next years 2019 full Maint fee, Manhattan club is saying I have to pay them $1000 transfer fee! For what? I have to do all the paperwork and filing and so forth but they want $1000 and are trying to hold me hostage!

Cattleya S.
Dec 12, 2018

KEEP AWAY FROM THIS ENTIRE SITUATION. DROP IT. STOP IT. LEGITIMATE? I QUESTION THAT, ESPECIALLY IF THE FEE IS UPFRONT. THE $1,000 TMC FEE IS THE BEARS' (IN THE PLURAL) HONEY. DON'T EVEN CONSIDER THIS PROPOSITION. ONLY THE WONDERFUL COMPANY ALLEGEDLY REMOVING YOUR TMC RESPONSIBILITY (QUESTIONABLE, VERY QUESTIONABLE) AND TMC WILL PROFIT FROM YOUR INTENTIONS. HERE'S WHAT YOU WILL HAVE LOST BY PROCEEDING: YOUR INITIAL TMC PURCHASE PRICE, THE 2019 MAINTENANCE FEE (WITHOUT BENEFIT OF USE), THE COMPANY'S FEE AND THE $1.000 TMC FEE. DOES THAT SOUND FRAUDULENT ENOUGH? AND...............OH YES...............THIS WONDER COMPANY THAT TAKES YOUR TIMESHARE FOR A FEE........NOW WHAT HAPPENS TO THAT ENTITY.........YOUR TIMESHARE? IT CERTAINLY DOESN'T EVAPORATE AND DISAPPEAR. IT WILL BE RESOLD AT A TIDY PROFIT.

DO I SOUND LIKE I'M TRYING TO HAVE YOU RECONSIDER YOUR PLAN AND PRESERVE YOUR FINANCIAL INTEGRITY.?.................OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH YES I AM.

i

you'd most likely be better off to wait a bit longer and become proactive to preserve your financial TMC asset.

1..join the COALITION OF FINANCIALLY DISTRESSED TMC OWNERS.......... contact: beckyfitzmaurice@yahoo.com............................mission statement on redweek pages after # 200.

2..join zimmerman's lawsuit: info on above pages. he's in the process of preparing legal strategies to proceed with a strong lawsuit.

3..write your complaints to the FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION.............................https://www.ftc.gov

4..do all, join the COALITION (no fee), join zimmerman's lawsuit, do both and also contact the FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION.

there are no positive guarantees to any of these plans, but you can be proud of the fact that you tried to keep and even possibly enjoy your TMC' investment in the future.

of course, my comments are only from my point of view and perspective, with no legal or financial expertise. your own personal financial issues and reasons take precedence in proceeding with your intended actions regarding disposal of TMC. i offer my comments only for your consideration. i send you wishes for the best of luck in whichever path you choose.

in owners' unity to achieve justice from the TMC FRAUD TEAM,

chris

cattleyas wrote:
Slightly off topic but related: I have a company ready to take my timeshare. Of course I have to pay a fee but it’s legitimate. The crazy part is on top of the fees to transfer the title and on top of having to pay next years 2019 full Maint fee, Manhattan club is saying I have to pay them $1000 transfer fee! For what? I have to do all the paperwork and filing and so forth but they want $1000 and are trying to hold me hostage!

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Dec 12, 2018 01:53 PM

Dec 12, 2018

tmc owners,

on or about nov 7, 2018 attorney zimmerman wrote in this redweek.com forum the following:

Jean-Marc Z. wrote: "Dear TMC Members: We are writing to provide an update on our progress in the TMC suit.

As many of you know, we filed a lawsuit on behalf of Mr. Robert Tucker, who was candidate for a non-sponsor Board position, to obtain TMC’s member list (presently maintained in confidence by TMC) in an effort to communicate with other members about remediating and obtaining redress for the wrongs TMC’s Sponsor admitted committing.

A hearing in Mr. Tucker’s case is next scheduled for December 12. While his lawsuit is not part of the action for which we have been retained by other members, Mr. Tucker may make this list available for contacting and organizing timeshare members. We are also engaged in other efforts to obtain the member list from TMC. Obtaining the list will eliminate the stranglehold that TMC’s Sponsor....."

today is dec 12 2018. has anyone heard about the results of mr tucker's hearing? if so, please post the information here in the redweek.com... TMC lawsuit... forum.

thanks,

chris

Chris V.

Last edited by chrisv126 on Dec 12, 2018 06:01 PM

Dec 12, 2018

Unfortunately, we are all victims of a giant timeshare fraud perpetrated by a CRIMINAL ENTERPRISE, as was proven by the NY attorney general’s 3 year-long investigation. The principals in this organization ADMITTED TO THEIR CRIMINAL CONDUCT as a condition of settling with the AG. That ended his investigation and left thousands of us out in the cold. Criminals like Eichner and his cronies rely on the innate “goodness and honesty” of their victims (us) to continue to conduct themselves honorably, while still being screwed by the crooks. You can see it in some of the postings of our fellow victims who express fear of the consequences of fighting back or defending themselves. Defrauded victims say, “I signed a contract, I have to keep paying the maintenance charges,” (no matter how badly they have been defrauded or how unconscionably high the crooks have raised the maintenance charges). Well the crooks signed the contract too! They agreed to provide us the use of our timeshares, and in return we agreed to pay maintenance. But it has been proven that they engaged in an organized scheme to deny us the use of our time. Why should anyone feel compelled to honor their half of the agreement when the other side has failed to honor theirs? They have breached the contract between us thus relieving us of the obligation to continue to pay them. Join us in the fight to win some justice against the crooks. Reach out to Jean-Marc Zimmerman at jmz@tmcsuit.com and ask him to represent you too. Bob Biello

Robert B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.