Casa Dorada at Medano Beach

Attention Casa Dorada Vacation Club members - your discount is gone

Oct 14, 2011

I am an owner with Casa Dorada. I'm reaching out to other owners in an attempt to dispute the resort's decision to terminate its discount policy for the "extra" weeks given to Vacation Club (VIP) members. I heard about this upon booking this winter's vacation. There was no communication otherwise. Have you heard of this change of policy? I honestly don't know how this is legal, perhaps it is, but it is largely unethical but so is the whole timeshare industry I suppose. In any case, any feedback you are willing to give would be appreciated. Thank You

William H.
Nov 27, 2011

Last year I was told that we were notified (I never got anything) that we would have to pay the $99 every year to have access to the VIP program. Origingally, it was only IF you accessed the VIP.........then I was told that IF I wanted the VIP I would have to pay the back dues, which I did......now I not sure WHY I did that other than to give GBS additional $$. I'm sure that like many other industries this economy has hurt the timeshare business and once again the consumer get to pay! Any thoughts?

Mark R.
Mar 10, 2012

Yes I also am very unhappy that my 40% discount is gone at my "home resort" of Casa Dorada. I just asked about it and was told I "may " get a 25% discount but no one was available to look it up for me. I will be looking closely at my contract.

Glenda W.
Jun 14, 2012

I'm experiencing this right now for my summer vacation. I never pay more than $650 for a junior suite and they are charging me $1350. I am outraged and have asked for proof that I was notified of the increase but they can't provide anything. They are asking ME for proof that I only pay $650. I looked at my contract and unfortunately it does not state the rates. I told them it's not my responsibility to get this information and that they should get this information directly from the club. I'm at a loss on what else to do. I don't want to give in and pay the increase, but then I lose out on my vacation. It's a lose a lose for me if I pay or I don't go. Has anyone else resolved anything with this?

Melody L.

Last edited by melodyl25 on Jun 14, 2012 10:46 AM

Jun 15, 2012

Hi Melody -

I was the originator of this thread. I was able to get the club to honor my contract which gives me a 25% discount on VIP weeks. I worked with Giorgio Savron (gsavron@globalbureau.com) to get this straightened out.

Good luck!

William H.
Jun 15, 2012

Thanks for the contact. I'll let you know how it goes.

Melody L.
Sep 11, 2012

I was told this year as well that if I did not pay my VIP dues that I would lose it or would have to pay something crazy like $1000 to get it back. I paid it to keep it going but best to my knowledge the VIP weeks are still available if you keep paying your dues.

Tme M.
Oct 02, 2012

Hello, Thinking about joining here to sell our weeks, have you had good luck with this? We have for sale a week during Bisbee's Black and Blue tournament, and during thanksgiving... Any insight would be great...

Thanks!

Ryan Misaresh 213 309 3279

Ryan M.
Oct 03, 2012

I have not used Redweek for selling but I will say that it has been very helpful with renting. Let me know if you post it and how you make out as I also have some extra weeks I want to sell.

Cheers

Tme M.
Mar 10, 2014

I know you posted this in 2012, I was wondering if you are still in the Casa Dorada Vacation Club VIP? They are telling me its over and no re-instatements at all.

Please let me know.

Thank you, Lisa

billh236 wrote:
Hi Melody -

I was the originator of this thread. I was able to get the club to honor my contract which gives me a 25% discount on VIP weeks. I worked with Giorgio Savron (gsavron@globalbureau.com) to get this straightened out.

Good luck!

Haines H.
Mar 10, 2014

Hi .... I haven't used my VIP week since joining Casa Dorada. Come to think of it I haven't received any bill from them this year. I have a contract that entitles me to this week .... they better not just make it disappear. I'll make a call to see if it's still active ...

William H.
Mar 11, 2014

Thank you, yes, please let me know what you find out as we had 2 additional weeks to use other than our normal week, and it looks like we are out of it.

Haines H.
Mar 11, 2014

I am also a member of the "vacation club" I was told they do not bill for your yearly dues. You need to make contact yourself. They are probably hoping all of us club owners will forget to pay and then they can do away with having to set inventory aside for us. Not happy at all about discount being gone. Will try working with above mentioned person Giorgio.

Glenda W.
Sep 05, 2014

I was also told that they don't bill for the VIP program and that we, as owners, need to keep track of when the payment is due and that we need to send it in on time and if we don't, our VIP membership is no longer valid.

I also know that they have a new vacation club that they want you to buy into - it is called Globequest (I don't have any info on it though).

The fees to book a unit through the VIP program have gone 'through the roof' over the past couple of years.

I would be interested in hearing more about the discount that was received off the VIP prices. I don't understand...we're supposed to get a discount off of the VIP price for the units?

Amy O.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.