Timeshare Exchanges

Finally got rid of my timeshare!

Nov 20, 2011

So I heard all the horror stories about people getting robbed with timeshare scams that they will find a buyer, etc... I got a postcard from a company in NY called Financial Defense Group. For a fee of $1250 they finally got rid of my headache once and for all. They didnt "sell it" or "find a buyer". They actually took ownership of it and I no longer own it. I can finally breathe a little easier knowing the timeshare company cant hound me anymore for my fees!

If anyone is looking for a way out once and for good call them at XXX-XXX-XXXX.

James P.

Last edited by marty8084 on Nov 21, 2011 12:29 AM

Nov 21, 2011

Are you 100% sure that the timesahre is out of your name ? Do tyou have proof that they transfered it out of your name ? If not you may find yourself responsible for maintenance fees in anaother couple of months. I hope it did go through for you.

Don P.
Nov 22, 2011

financiald wrote:
So I heard all the horror stories about people getting robbed with timeshare scams that they will find a buyer, etc... I got a postcard from a company in NY called Financial Defense Group. For a fee of $1250 they finally got rid of my headache once and for all. They didnt "sell it" or "find a buyer". They actually took ownership of it and I no longer own it. I can finally breathe a little easier knowing the timeshare company cant hound me anymore for my fees!

Isn't it odd that your screen name is financiald .... I smell a shill.

R P.
Jan 09, 2012

jayjay wrote:
financiald wrote:

Isn't it odd that your screen name is financiald .... I smell a shill.

James B.
Jan 09, 2012

There you go again calling people names....what in the world about his screen name makes you think he is a "SHILL"?

James B.
Jan 10, 2012

jamesb1029 wrote:
There you go again calling people names....what in the world about his screen name makes you think he is a "SHILL"?

DUH !!!!

R P.
Jan 10, 2012

I have noticed a few posts on your site with user names that are the same as the poster. Then you call them a SHILL. It seems odd these people would do that. The only common factor is your site. Maybe these posts are posted by you so you can discredit them. Are you just trying to keep your bosses at the timeshare companies happy? The only reason I doubt you so much is I took your word on this site for over a year and you wete wrong, meaning I got to keep making payments when there really was a way out. Just tell the truth...it will set you free.

James B.
Jan 11, 2012

jamesb1029 wrote:
I have noticed a few posts on your site with user names that are the same as the poster. Then you call them a SHILL. It seems odd these people would do that. The only common factor is your site. Maybe these posts are posted by you so you can discredit them. Are you just trying to keep your bosses at the timeshare companies happy? The only reason I doubt you so much is I took your word on this site for over a year and you wete wrong, meaning I got to keep making payments when there really was a way out. Just tell the truth...it will set you free.

I do not have the time to play childish games with you.

R P.
Feb 07, 2012

donp196 wrote:
Are you 100% sure that the timesahre is out of your name ? Do tyou have proof that they transfered it out of your name ? If not you may find yourself responsible for maintenance fees in anaother couple of months. I hope it did go through for you.
the value of this timeshare must be less than zero! additional cost to give away something is puzzeling?

Herman A.
Aug 16, 2012

I had a timeshare at Law Cranberry in Ontario and when you say the time share must be worth nothing you are correct. It now rents out condo's for cheaper then what I have paid. Now trying to get a condo when you want it is a whole new story

Sharon M.
Aug 20, 2012

We used Berkshire Concepts to get rid of our timeshare in fla they actually did get rid of it....we mailed a copy of our deed they then sent back a quick claim deed, we signed it sent it back with a small fee and were rid of our maint. fee's forever yea ..... we now use their program instead of the timeshare and so far so good

D M.
Aug 21, 2012

Sounds like another scam to me. They have an " F " rating with the BBB and have been banned from TUG. Anyone that gets involved with them should be prepared to lose their money.

Don P.

Last edited by donp196 on Aug 21, 2012 04:24 PM

Mar 16, 2013

I found a very skillful lawyer who got rid of my timeshare (The Manhattan Club in New York -- a difficult group to work with).

John A.

Last edited by phyl21 on Mar 16, 2013 06:51 PM

Aug 31, 2013

John, I'd appreciate it if you'd pass along the name of the attorney you used to get out of Manhattan Club. Think it's time to move on. Thanks, Charlie chasdowney@verizon.net

Charles J.
Sep 01, 2013

Now that you've posted your e-mail address in a public timeshare forum like this openly stating your desire to get out of your timeshare agreement, watch out for a flood of unwanted e-mails from questionable or scam outfits that claim they can "cancel" your timeshare.

Lance C.
Oct 25, 2013

There are ethical attorneys who will get you out of your timeshare.

I did it myself using an attorney who understands the industry well, and its many scams.

The fact it, timeshares have been oversold, resulting in tremendous difficulty in getting the time you bought. Even worse, the value of timeshares in many locations has dropped to almost nothing. I would rather stay in a hotel.

If anyone wants to know the name of my attorney, feel free to e-mail me at jockwood@hotmail.com

John B.
Oct 26, 2013

johnb2353 wrote:

I did it myself using an attorney who understands the industry well, and its many scams.

The fact it, timeshares have been oversold, resulting in tremendous difficulty in getting the time you bought. Even worse, the value of timeshares in many locations has dropped to almost nothing. I would rather stay in a hotel.

If anyone wants to know the name of my attorney, feel free to e-mail me at jockwood@hotmail.com

What was the fraud involved in the attorney getting you out of your timeshare ownership? Unless fraud can be proven then no attorney on earth can get anyone out of a legally binding and signed by you contract.

R P.
Oct 26, 2013

Sounds like a scammer trolling for victims to me Jayjay

Don P.
Oct 26, 2013

johnb2353 wrote:

So did he sell it for you or negotiate with the resort to take the deed back?

Lance C.
Oct 28, 2013

My lawyer negotiated a sale back. Don't try to do it yourself. I tried and got nowhere. But they respond to attorneys. I'd be happy to share my attorney's name if you want to use her. E-mail me at jockwood@hotmail.com

She asked me not to post her name here as she will be flooded with requests.

John B.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.