Harborside Resort at Atlantis

2011 Harborside II Maintenance Fees - OVERBOARD

Jan 24, 2021

Just to check in filling the form in the link, it asks for email address twice, I assume that it's my email and there is no need to add your email anywhere.

Chris B.
Jan 25, 2021

I hate when I come for a vacation and they want to update me. It turns into a nasty hard sell. I come for a vacation not a hard sell.

Gary D.
Feb 01, 2021

Wow, What timing, just found this today. I submitted the form. Was told by a realtor that these are worthless. only one he cant sell. henry S thank you for your diligence. I have read all the posts in this forum and you have been at this a long time! I would gladly sell mine for what I owe which is nothing really. please keep us up to date. Iwill tag along with whatever you need.

Jason L.
Mar 10, 2021

Hi,

I just discovered this post, a month too late. My parents own two units in phase 1 and my father passed away last year from COVID and my mom is a widow and she wants out of her timeshare. It's going to eat all of her savings. I'm trying to help her but this is so overwhelming and feels like an insurmountable task. This timeshare feels like a scam. When they originally bought it in 2004 and 2006, my parents were presented with the idea that they could sell it and make a profit. The whole racket is total BS. How is this legal? Ugh. Can I get my mom on a email thread to be in the loop? Thank you.

Elana G.
Mar 10, 2021

I had the exact same sales pitch when we bought in phase 2. As soon as all property was sold there would be a resale department to ensure the property retained its value. It's was supposed to be an investment just like real estate a deeded property that passes to next of kin. My kids are scared they are going to be stuck with the bills if anything happens to us. About 5-7 years back tried to sell was told by the head office to use a specific company who took money up front and did nothing. Every few months they contact me and say would you like to spend and extra $5k to a law firm to get you out of the timeshare, I ask about getting of the land registry in Bahamas and they say, that's not included. So it's just another con.

One year I changed to points thinking I'd celebrate out 30year anniversary last year. Then Covid hit and the points will now expire before we in the UK will be able to travel. There are no expectations to this, disgusting customer service.

Owners are just cash cows.

I'm sure if there is any response to the email that was sent, that a copy will go on here

Chris B.
Mar 11, 2021

See my post of January 24th - sign up!

Henry S.
Mar 11, 2021

Customer service? That's a joke and has been for years! They could care less about the people like us that paid for our time share.

Kevin W.
Mar 12, 2021

The kids don’t have to assume the ownership upon passing, they can deny it

C.P.
Mar 12, 2021

Even with all of the continued effort by Henry Siegel, Marriott has not done one thing for us. They're probably just ignoring him, his efforts, and stalling until he (and all of us) just goes away.

Kevin W.
Mar 12, 2021

I thought it was like real estate and automatically passes to next of kin.

Chris B.
Mar 13, 2021

Chris, if they deny, are they charged any fees?

Ann V.
Mar 13, 2021

Join TUG and ask or the Vistana/Marriott Facebook pages, you’ll get the answers there

C.P.
Mar 13, 2021

No it doesn’t have to be accepted

C.P.
Mar 13, 2021

What is TUG?

Chris B.
Mar 14, 2021

Are you on Facebook? Join the Vistana/Marriott vacation club owners group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/421297155809371/

C.P.

Last edited by cpierro on Mar 14, 2021 10:40 PM

Mar 14, 2021

Found it thansk

Chris B.
Apr 03, 2021

Hi Henry, Last time we emailed as of Feb/March, you had not sent the form to Marriott. Any updates?

Elana G.
Jul 14, 2021

Wondering status if class action

Gerry M.

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.