Buying, Renting, and Selling Timeshares

Has anyone ever been scammed using redweek?

Mar 02, 2021

I do Kiola timeshare rentals and Redweek. Kiola is free to book but they take 8% commission off the check or deposit. Very simple and easy. You can get a little more money from redweek rental but if it doesnt rent you don’t pay anything. Why pay $125 for a motel when you can rent a Hilton head timeshare for $150 a night. The Marriotts are getting $350 to $500 per night in summer.

Gary M Roberson

Last edited by phyl21 on Mar 02, 2021 08:48 PM

Mar 07, 2021

I am new to Redweek and hope to find timeshares to rent for vacation. Today I sent multiple requests for available timeshares with no response. How fast is reasonable to hear back from owners?

Melinda V.
Mar 07, 2021

Melinda: We ask that you allow owners 48 hours to respond to your inquiry. Please also check your spam folder, as we find this is often the issue when responses aren't received. If you have not received a reply after two days and have checked your spam, then please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of any page and send us the posting number. We will follow up with the owner.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Apr 28, 2021

I am looking at renting a condo in Cabo and the only ones available are not redweek verified? How safe is it to rent through an independent person using paypal. With so many people scamming folks for money, I am a little weary.

Kimberly E.
Apr 28, 2021

Kimberly: If you are not renting a posting with RedWeek Online Booking, then you can visit our Resources section for information on staying safe: Stay Safe

This page will also give you the pro's and con's of each payment method: Payment Comparison

Although we do not vouch for or recommend any person using our website, if you contact support@redweek.com with the posting number you are interested in, we can let you know how long they have been a RedWeek member and if we have any complaints on the account.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jun 08, 2021

I am interested in renting from a timeshare owner from a resort in Aruba. How does Redweek protect me from being scammed out of money or changes in a contract (like if an owner ends up changing the week back to their name or renting to someone else after I already paid)?

Shelley M.

Last edited by shelleym181 on Jun 08, 2021 11:17 AM

Jun 08, 2021

Shelley: If you rent a posting that has a Verified and Protected flag, your payment is made by credit card directly to RedWeek. We do not disburse the money to the owner until two business days after you have checked in to the resort.

RedWeek Support
RedWeek.com
Jun 19, 2021

Hi, does anyone here have ever bought Wyndham points from anyone here at Redweek? I'd like to know the process. And is anyone here a Wyndham Silver owner? They are telling me that I should be a silver owner to get 25,000 points rebate for every 100,000 and I'm missing 87,000 points to become silver owner. I thought about buying that from here instead of from them. As a silver owner are you getting what they promised and able to extend your points further?

Sheilla V.
Jul 18, 2021

Do you always use verify and protected? Or have you rented directly from owner through red week?

Debbie G.
Apr 04, 2023

Has anyone rented at Westin Nanea Maui from a man named Aravind? He is a new member to RedWeek so I just wanted to verify.

Thank you

Kate B.
Apr 05, 2023

I’m sure that I’m not being scammed but not happy with my agent. I have been looking at Buying a platinum unit at Marriott Beachplace Towers. After many emails to agents inquiring about possible units I finally found a unit that was listed at $5,900. I asked to put an offer for $5,500 but the agent told me that an offer of $6,000 was needed because he explained that Marriott were buying back all units that were sold for less than $6,000. We put our $1,000 deposit down three weeks ago and are awaiting for Marriott to respond. Last night I received an email from another realtor that was also looking for a unit for me and had a seller willing to sell at $5,200. I then told her that I had already purchased a unit at $6.00 since I was told that Marriott were buying back units that were less than that. She then informed me that she has sold units (platinum) for $5,200 and Marriott has not exercised the buy back right. Kinda makes me sick about the agent that I am dealing with

Tim G.
Dec 20, 2023

I have someone asking me for Venmo of $1000 with no contract. Wouldn't there be a down payment and then payment in full when we get there?

Colleen L.
Dec 20, 2023

colleenl83 wrote:
I have someone asking me for Venmo of $1000 with no contract. Wouldn't there be a down payment and then payment in full when we get there?

No rental contract and yet wanting $1K sent by Venmo? Nope, not a chance...

If you have no contract, do you even know the actual name, address and phone number of this advertiser? Have you spoken to this advertiser? Is the ad “RedWeek Verified”? If the answer to these questions is NO, be smart and look for a different rental from a more responsible and accountable advertiser / owner.

A responsible, accountable and trustworthy advertiser / owner will prove their legitimacy and their ownership (easily done by their having their ad "RedWeek Verified" from the outset) and they will provide a rental contract spelling out all details and terms and conditions of the rental. Most owners understandably require full payment well before occupancy (…not “when you get there”), but once you send money by Venmo, it’s GONE FOREVER, so make sure that you know exactly who you are dealing with and demand verification of their ownership before sending a penny, let alone $1,000. And tell them “No contract? No verification of ownership? No thank you”.

KC

Last edited by ken1193 on Dec 22, 2023 11:41 AM

Note: Please do not post ads in the timeshare forums. If you want to add a timeshare posting, go here.